FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Give Us Some News..... Anything!

Harry Chibber

Obviously the club has a lot of work to do behind the scenes to sort out our 1st division (shudder) status but they need to realise the fans have just gone through our first ever relegation. We need some sort of update/press release from the club, whether that be a new signing, contract extension, new strip for next season..... anything positive!

It looks as though County are gearing up for the derbies next season by signing every man and his dog.... meanwhile, the only thing we have succesfully accomplished - releasing some of our most promising youngsters!!

Get a move on ICT we need to have something to talk about otherwise the forum is filled with 8itching and speculation

Just another typical close season for ICT fans :allhail:

Depressingly I discovered yesterday we don't even have our own page on Teletext anymore

Edited by kencar

I discovered yesterday that we can't sign players for a fee this summer....words of the great Graeme Bennett.

When was the last time we even bought a player? :rotflmao: Hopefully TB & MM will look at some exp players who are out of contract and get them to come in. Never really followed any of the clubs they were at so dont know if they would go back and look at there players

Bennet said in the courier that ICT would be looking for freebies and not players who we have to pay a fee for. The money they said was available to TB i think is in terms of wages and offering players contracts rather than buying them.

However the rest of the first divison clubs have been grabbing players right left and centre the past few weeks. We were always going to be slow off the mark as we didn't figure on comming down, till it happend on last day. But now with Butcher off on his holidays we are even more behind the pack. I think we are really going to struggle to get sufficient quality in now..

However the rest of the first divison clubs have been grabbing players right left and centre the past few weeks. We were always going to be slow off the mark as we didn't figure on comming down, till it happend on last day. But now with Butcher off on his holidays we are even more behind the pack. I think we are really going to struggle to get sufficient quality in now..

I am hoping that a management team with a history as varied and spread-out as TerrynJune will look a little further than Scoatland for replacements. County have a history of taking our rejects, but it may be that our taking their rising stars will no longer be first choice. Kinda worrying though, with County and Stags, doing a supermarket dash.

Agree with the OP. this is getting depressing, even more so when we come up against c*unty with Vigurs, Wood etc. fired up as hell. They must be laughing like drains, and we appear to be going down the shops wi nae money.

So, Grasser, what exactly have you been doing, apart from fulfilling our worst fears about how the singular lack of ambition from the Board would keep this club in Div. 1 for years?

If I sound hacked off, I am

I discovered yesterday that we can't sign players for a fee this summer....words of the great Graeme Bennett.

When was the last time we even bought a player? :angry: Hopefully TB & MM will look at some exp players who are out of contract and get them to come in. Never really followed any of the clubs they were at so dont know if they would go back and look at there players

The last player we bought i THINK was Adam Rooney but that could be wrong

with county signing 4 players in a few days and other 1st div clubs signing players,looks like were getting left behind in signings,i can see us scrambling about to make a squad of 15 decent players come the week before the season

We need to wait and see who accepts the contracts offered first. We've offered 6 contracts is it?? around that anyway! So the money is there for 6 players anyway, so if they don't accept we can bring in at least 6.

To be honest we needed to bring in that many last summer and we only got Barrowman! This argument about not being able to attract players from down south is a complete nonsense. Look at County!

with county signing 4 players in a few days and other 1st div clubs signing players,looks like were getting left behind in signings,i can see us scrambling about to make a squad of 15 decent players come the week before the season

Maybe you didnt give it much thought in recent seasons but Counmty do this signing thing every year.... dont help much though.

We need to wait and see who accepts the contracts offered first. We've offered 6 contracts is it?? around that anyway! So the money is there for 6 players anyway, so if they don't accept we can bring in at least 6.

Agreed. Obviously our first targets were to try and secure Foran, Kerr, Morais, Obidihambo (spelling) and co. Perhaps this was more in hope than expectation (and let's be honest it was) but with Kerr and a couple of others still to reply to the offer due to them being on holiday it prevents us from moving forward with trying to sign other targets.

If Scottish football's finances fall off a cliff with the demise of Setanta, then we'll be able to get better players for less money. And some of the teams who have been actively signing players will realise that they are paying more than they should have.

Going on holiday and doing nothing may turn out to be the right thing to have done.

If Scottish football's finances fall off a cliff with the demise of Setanta, then we'll be able to get better players for less money. And some of the teams who have been actively signing players will realise that they are paying more than they should have.

Going on holiday and doing nothing may turn out to be the right thing to have done.

Players ain't that intelligent.. contract, money, sign

I think the majority of released players will be eager to have their future's sorted asap (I know I would) so if we're not fast we may lose out

So far all we know is that Foran might stay... come on ICT you can do better than that

I'm bored 5hitless at work & sick of going onto P&B to find another team signing players

GET A MOVE ON!!

todays courier has an article saying that two midfielders are mulling over contract offers from ICT, both players are from england-shire, one would be a free transfer and the other a loan signing, Grassa hopes to have heard by the end of the week regarding deals.

Also the article states that he hopes to have had some indication by the end of this week on whether the players offered deals at the end of the season are going to stay; foran, kerr, proctor etc.....

not much but better than nothing

So far all we know is that Foran might stay... come on ICT you can do better than that

I'm bored 5hitless at work & sick of going onto P&B to find another team signing players

GET A MOVE ON!!

todays courier has an article saying that two midfielders are mulling over contract offers from ICT, both players are from england-shire, one would be a free transfer and the other a loan signing, Grassa hopes to have heard by the end of the week regarding deals.

Also the article states that he hopes to have had some indication by the end of this week on whether the players offered deals at the end of the season are going to stay; foran, kerr, proctor etc.....

not much but better than nothing

True

Cheers, in Glasgow so I miss out on the Courier :)