FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ict's Youth System Being Shut Down

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the club are running a youth set up next season and if so who is running it?

If the rumours are true then there cannot be enough coaches left to run U 11 to U 19. My mate's son plays for one of the squads and has been totally commited to the club for 4 years, travelling 30 miles to training 3 times a week and playing on a Saturday.

My mate is furious that the club are allowing all these rumours to fly around about redundencies without informing players and parents what is going on. I believe the club have roughly 150 signed youngsters, that's a lot of pissed off people!!

Typical I.C.T, treating people like S _ _ T, come on I.C.T, show a little bit of common sense and decency.

The club have announced whats happening, everything is staying the same apart from the 3 released U19 player and the 3 U19 players who have been offered contracts for the main team and also all the coaches are staying at the club so everything will be the same as last season

Once again people are saying ICT are treating people s***e no they are not if people could read the information released by the club they would know whats happening

3 U19 players have been offered contracts, but I don't think they have been able to sign as yet. The 3 released players were offered contracts and then had the offers withdrawn. The under 19's coaches have been made redundant and all the other staff are on a redundancy notice period, so who can say if they will stay. Also seems Danny MacDonald has left the club. They might have made a statement to that effect, but I don't think you can say "everything will be the same".

Does anyone know if the club are running a youth set up next season and if so who is running it?

If the rumours are true then there cannot be enough coaches left to run U 11 to U 19. My mate's son plays for one of the squads and has been totally commited to the club for 4 years, travelling 30 miles to training 3 times a week and playing on a Saturday.

My mate is furious that the club are allowing all these rumours to fly around about redundencies without informing players and parents what is going on. I believe the club have roughly 150 signed youngsters, that's a lot of pissed off people!!

Typical I.C.T, treating people like S _ _ T, come on I.C.T, show a little bit of common sense and decency.

The club have announced whats happening, everything is staying the same apart from the 3 released U19 player and the 3 U19 players who have been offered contracts for the main team and also all the coaches are staying at the club so everything will be the same as last season

Once again people are saying ICT are treating people s***e no they are not if people could read the information released by the club they would know whats happening

3 U19 players have been offered contracts, but I don't think they have been able to sign as yet. The 3 released players were offered contracts and then had the offers withdrawn. The under 19's coaches have been made redundant and all the other staff are on a redundancy notice period, so who can say if they will stay. Also seems Danny MacDonald has left the club. They might have made a statement to that effect, but I don't think you can say "everything will be the same".

The 3 U19 players are on holiday and will be signing the contracts when they come back from there holidays

The 3 players who were released, Struan-Woodhouse was leaving anyway to go to college and the other 2 were not offered new contracts at all

The U19 coahces have not been made redundant all coaches are still at the club and are all in negotations over new contracts, this includes Danny MacDonald

If everyone accepts there contracts offers everything will be the same

From yesterdays Courier ........

With no under-19 division at Scottish Football League level, Inverness will still retain a team at that age group, but with the number of games limited it was considered best to let Cleland and Kellacher leave.

Bennett conceded that the loss was a blow ? particularly former Dundee United, Rangers and Everton defender Cleland ? who had only taken charge of the under-19s in January last year and had led the youngsters to the semi-finals of this season's SFA Youth Cup.

"We are having to look at the youth set-up and the costs that go with it," Bennett said. "It's very disappointing but we are in the position that every department has to be looked at purely from a financial point of view." Bennett, however, knew nothing about reports that Caley Thistle's youth and community development manager Danny MacDonald had also left the club.

"Danny MacDonald, like many of the staff at Caley Thistle, is part of an ongoing consultation process," he added. "As far as I know that's not changed, so it's not correct to say he has gone."

Edited by DALNEIGHCALEY

Yesterdays Courier Article

"Meanwhile, Caley Thistle have confirmed under-19 coach Alec Cleland and his assistant Scott Kellacher have left the club as part of the financial cuts being imposed as a consequence of the club dropping out of the SPL.

With no under-19 division at Scottish Football League level, Inverness will still retain a team at that age group, but with the number of games limited it was considered best to let Cleland and Kellacher leave.

Bennett conceded that the loss was a blow ? particularly former Dundee United, Rangers and Everton defender Cleland ? who had only taken charge of the under-19s in January last year and had led the youngsters to the semi-finals of this season's SFA Youth Cup.

"We are having to look at the youth set-up and the costs that go with it," Bennett said. "It's very disappointing but we are in the position that every department has to be looked at purely from a financial point of view." Bennett, however, knew nothing about reports that Caley Thistle's youth and community development manager Danny MacDonald had also left the club.

"Danny MacDonald, like many of the staff at Caley Thistle, is part of an ongoing consultation process," he added. "As far as I know that's not changed, so it's not correct to say he has "

Yesterdays Courier Article

"Meanwhile, Caley Thistle have confirmed under-19 coach Alec Cleland and his assistant Scott Kellacher have left the club as part of the financial cuts being imposed as a consequence of the club dropping out of the SPL.

"Danny MacDonald, like many of the staff at Caley Thistle, is part of an ongoing consultation process," he added. "As far as I know that's not changed, so it's not correct to say he has "

Strange indeed. Danny has confirmed personally to a number of people that he has gone. And the DoF doesn't know?

I also see that he states that there is no U19 SFL League. Strange again, there is a league but I think Ross County are the only full-time team. The SFL U19 league had 19 teams last season.

It really does make me wonder........

Edited by caleyboy

Danny may have told other people but if this is the case he has not told the club, as the whole club still believes that Danny is still working at the club as he has not told them otherwise

Strange indeed don't you think

Danny may have told other people but if this is the case he has not told the club, as the whole club still believes that Danny is still working at the club as he has not told them otherwise

Seems very bizarre, why do they think he isn't turning up for work then? You would think someone would be asking some questions.

What about Alec Cleland and Kel then? I got the impression that TB & MM might have planned leaning on Alec to assist with the first team duties, especially if TB is away on Scotland business and Kel has been there for a long time and by all accounts was a good coach.

I know that you have a link to good information as a rule, but on this occasion I have to say it's a more than a little sketchy.

Seems very bizarre, why do they think he isn't turning up for work then? You would think someone would be asking some questions.

No-one is turning up for work at the moment apart from the reception staff and the club shop all other coaches are either on courses or on holiday and will all be returning on next monday for the start of the pre-season

No-one is turning up for work at the moment apart from the reception staff and the club shop all other coaches are either on courses or on holiday and will all be returning on next monday for the start of the pre-season

Okay so Danny is either on Holiday or on a course and is expected to report for duty next Monday? All the other coaches who are rumoured or confirmed to have been paid off are the same and they will all come back on Monday and everything will be fine. :024:

Okay so Danny is either on Holiday or on a course and is expected to report for duty next Monday? All the other coaches who are rumoured or confirmed to have been paid off are the same and they will all come back on Monday and everything will be fine. :024:

Yes, Danny is expected to return to the club on monday as his contract does not end to the end of July 2009

The club are hoping to have all the coaches contracts sealed by next monday, i.e. if there staying or going, and all coaches staying will be returning next monday and those who arent willing to sign the new offered contract, or have not been offered a new contract will obviously not be returning

Surely the explanation for these apparent contradictions is simply that there are people who know that they will be leaving shortly, but at this moment in time are still employees of the club.

Guest GumbaRopo

MMMmmm, yeah, your probably right, it just me then!!

The thing is, the club gave the impression that the youth setup would remain as was one week, then issue a statement the next week saying staff/coaches in that area are being laid off. It's little wonder people get confused.

Okay so Danny is either on Holiday or on a course and is expected to report for duty next Monday? All the other coaches who are rumoured or confirmed to have been paid off are the same and they will all come back on Monday and everything will be fine. :lol:

Me thinks that those liking a bet would put a fair wager on that they will not be appearing for work on Monday!

Seems to me that this area has been answered very well by someone who knows what they are speaking about but despite this, posters will still try and show ICT as being less than open!! Let's look at some of the offerings on here and the answers provided, to clarify the situation and convince me that there is no mischief making going on!!

'Someone should tell Bennet that our coaches haven't allegedly left yet as was quoted as saying they were gone in yesterday's Courier & today's P&J.

As usual confusions reigns at ICT' What confusion??

Alex and Kel have gone Says our person in the know.

'Me thinks that those liking a bet would put a fair wager on that they will not be appearing for work on Monday!''

Who will not be appearing, the people who have left us, the management team, the players?? If it is the coaches that have gone I think I will have a wager as well!!

'Seems very bizarre, why do they think he isn't turning up for work then? You would think someone would be asking some questions'

'Yes, Danny is expected to return to the club on monday as his contract does not end to the end of July 2009

Seems understandable to me - maybe he has told pals he is finished but has not yet told his employers - that is his business but in no way reflects any wrong doing by the club.

'The club are hoping to have all the coaches contracts sealed by next monday, i.e. if there staying or going, and all coaches staying will be returning next monday and those who arent willing to sign the new offered contract, or have not been offered a new contract will obviously not be returning'

Crystal clear , thanks for your help!!

Seems to me that this area has been answered very well by someone who knows what they are speaking about but despite this, posters will still try and show ICT as being less than open!! Let's look at some of the offerings on here and the answers provided, to clarify the situation and convince me that there is no mischief making going on!!

'Someone should tell Bennet that our coaches haven't allegedly left yet as was quoted as saying they were gone in yesterday's Courier & today's P&J.

As usual confusions reigns at ICT' What confusion??

Alex and Kel have gone Says our person in the know.

'Me thinks that those liking a bet would put a fair wager on that they will not be appearing for work on Monday!''

Who will not be appearing, the people who have left us, the management team, the players?? If it is the coaches that have gone I think I will have a wager as well!!

'Seems very bizarre, why do they think he isn't turning up for work then? You would think someone would be asking some questions'

'Yes, Danny is expected to return to the club on monday as his contract does not end to the end of July 2009

Seems understandable to me - maybe he has told pals he is finished but has not yet told his employers - that is his business but in no way reflects any wrong doing by the club.

'The club are hoping to have all the coaches contracts sealed by next monday, i.e. if there staying or going, and all coaches staying will be returning next monday and those who arent willing to sign the new offered contract, or have not been offered a new contract will obviously not be returning'

Crystal clear , thanks for your help!!

I can't be bothered going through this thread, but I'll point out 1 or 2 things.

Reception staff will not be turning up as that was the first area to be hit with redundancy.

I mentioned earlier that the under 19's who were released had been offered contracts and had them withdrawn - I know this for a fact!!!

Caleyrule has a good source and the information they provide is usually very accurate, but on this occasion there have been a few comments a bit wide of the mark. This makes me wonder how good the communication is within the club right now.

Absent Friend - I'm afraid confusion still reigns. Seems it'll be all sorted out on Monday though, so I'm looking forward to that.

Bottom line ... confusion reigns supreme and it is not just coming from the club .....

The club have obviously made staffing decisions during the "consultation process" and these may or may not have been conveyed to the people involved ... I would say that in most cases it probably has as there is information already in the public domain about people leaving/left.

As many dont report back until Monday, there may be some who do not know their future yet but have already made alternative plans "just in case". These people may have told friends who told friends who told friends etc and its ended up on here. Some of it may be true, some of it may not be, or some might just be embellished, but in these cases its the people themselves who seem to be giving an opinion (as is their right) rather than the club. In these cases, the people may (or may not) turn up on Monday and tender their resignation. Neither we or the club will know for sure until its done.

In some cases, there are rampant rumours about what this person or that person has been told regarding their roles. Again. the information for that is coming not from the club but from the people themselves or those that may have been told about it directly or indirectly.

In other words we have a s***storm of information being thrown out in all directions by numerous people, many of whom are angry or disappointed and we are reacting to it.

I personally am far from happy at some of the stuff I have heard but am biding my time in venting about it until we get the full picture. I dont think we will get the full picture from the club, we will get an overview with a common thread of cost-cutting running through it, but once the club have spoken and hopefully given some balance to at least part of the story, I am sure other stuff will come out in back-channels or from trusted sources that will fill in the gaps.

• 2 weeks later...