FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our Tel

TheKnowledge

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comment by sidjames 04-06-2009 08:26 [Offensive? Unsuitable?

Report this comment

]

December 2007 - with Brentford heading for the Blue Square, Terry Butcher is sacked.

May 2009 - Brentford are crowned League 2 champions. And Inverness are relegated.

hahaha

comment of the day.

If he was a biggot would he have signed Richie Foran? Can't argue with anything else the guy says though. Terrible team selections, shocking football, and releasing quality players for no apparent reason. Sounds about right. :D

It wouldn't suprise me if Butcher finds himself struggling in a "Is Butcher worse than Brewster?" opinion poll towards the end of next season.

It wouldn't suprise me if Butcher finds himself struggling in a "Is Butcher worse than Brewster?" opinion poll towards the end of next season.

The end of next season....

Do you think it will take as long as that?

Probably not in my opinion.

What some people on here see in butcher i don't know, there is no proof that butcher knows what he's doing now or in the past, one fluke season with motherwell and a whole load of mess to fill up the rest of his eventful career as a manager. I know someone who played under Butcher at motherwell that season and he even said he was a terrible manager.

Here's my proof backing up my opinion for all those Butcher lovers out there.

Butcher's career as a manager:

Coventry - BUTCHER SACKED

Sunderland - BUTCHER SACKED

Motherwell - Left on a high, probably before he fecked it up.

Sydney FC - BUTCHER SACKED

Brentford - BUTCHER TOLD TO FECK OFF BY FANS...SACKED

Inverness - Relegated

Anyway we'll see this season. Any chance Butcher securing some signatures anytime soon, get the fecking finger out.

Edited by CaleyP

Why is this topic so negative towards Butcher. Dont know what u guys have against the guy, you dont become apart of the national coachin set up for no reason.

if butcher is a terrible manager does that not make robbo a terrible manager?? robbo had a great season winning the 1st division but apart from that has not had many other achievements so far.

and i do believe that robbo is a good manager, just going by what is bein said on here, it seems people are willing to slate one season wonders.

butcher is a good manager, robbo is a good manager. butcher was so so so close to saving us and i bet you would all be callin him heros.

time to rally round the team u support instead of slatin the guy in charge.

Why is this topic so negative towards Butcher. Dont know what u guys have against the guy, you dont become apart of the national coachin set up for no reason.

if butcher is a terrible manager does that not make robbo a terrible manager?? robbo had a great season winning the 1st division but apart from that has not had many other achievements so far.

and i do believe that robbo is a good manager, just going by what is bein said on here, it seems people are willing to slate one season wonders.

butcher is a good manager, robbo is a good manager. butcher was so so so close to saving us and i bet you would all be callin him heros.

I just don't want a man who has little success as a manager in charge of the team i support. I added some reasoning to my post above to make thing's a bit clearer to why I have no faith in Butcher.

I'm really hoping butcher is the man for the job

time will only tell

one thing he's probably never had as a manager is the time to prove himself so hopefully after six months with us and the following year only time will tell

Im optimistic

and I hope everyone else behind the team is.

The thing about Sydney is that they seem to have a new boss every year and are very hasty to sack them. Butcher got the push because Sydney failed to reach the A League play-offs, due to a points debuction that wasn't his fault. Sydney have only been going five years and have had about the same number of managers, they recently sacked the last guy John Kosmina, for every little as well and replaced him with some Eastern European guy who I've never heard of. He too, will probably come to a sticky end.

I just don't want a man who has little success as a manager in charge of the team i support. I added some reasoning to my post above to make thing's a bit clearer to why I have no faith in Butcher.

Pele Patterson......little success as a manager..........took charge of ICT....successfull.

John Robertson.....no history as manager................took charge of ICT...successfull.

Craig Brewster......no history as a manager..............took charge of ICT....successfull.

Charlie Christie.....no history as manager.................took charge of ICT....successfull.

Craig Brewster......little success as manager............took charge of ICT....failed.

Over the years I think we've done very well utilising managers with little success.

Inverness - Relegated

Dont be stupid. Butcher was the Manager when we got sacked, he wasnt the fault of Inverness Caley Thistle getting Relegated. Infact it was more of the Boards fault for letting Brewster be in charge of the Club until January. If he was sacked after the Aberdeen Game (20th December 2008) then we would have safely been in the SPL just now rather than playing along side Ross County.

What some people on here see in butcher i don't know, there is no proof that butcher knows what he's doing now or in the past, one fluke season with motherwell and a whole load of mess to fill up the rest of his eventful career as a manager. I know someone who played under Butcher at motherwell that season and he even said he was a terrible manager.

Inverness - Relegated

Anyway we'll see this season. Any chance Butcher securing some signatures anytime soon, get the fecking finger out.

Why are you so anti Butcher and not willing to give him a chance in the 1st division. He almost saved us from relegation, and probably would have if he had come in a month earlier.

I don't understand why you are willing to give Barrowman a chance, quote from you on Barrowman thread "I have slated Barrowman in the past but i feel we must give him a chance, completely agree with a player performing better with confidence, lets give him a chance to prove himself at a lower level and see what he can do"

Why do you not want Butcher to be given the same chance?? A bit hypocritical perhaps>

Inverness - Relegated

Dont be stupid. Butcher was the Manager when we got sacked, he wasnt the fault of Inverness Caley Thistle getting Relegated. Infact it was more of the Boards fault for letting Brewster be in charge of the Club until January. If he was sacked after the Aberdeen Game (20th December 2008) then we would have safely been in the SPL just now rather than playing along side Ross County.

Not saying it was entirely Butcher's fault we got relegated but he played his part, after all he was the manager for 15 games, that hardly makes him inculpable.

How can you say we would of stayed up if Brew had been sacked after the aberdeen game or before he had done, nobody knows for sure, unless you can predict the future, how can you say that, what if's and what could of been's don't change thing's so why bother bringing them up? The fact is we got relegated.

Inverness - Relegated

Why are you so anti Butcher and not willing to give him a chance in the 1st division. He almost saved us from relegation, and probably would have if he had come in a month earlier.

I don't understand why you are willing to give Barrowman a chance, quote from you on Barrowman thread "I have slated Barrowman in the past but i feel we must give him a chance, completely agree with a player performing better with confidence, lets give him a chance to prove himself at a lower level and see what he can do"

Why do you not want Butcher to be given the same chance?? A bit hypocritical perhaps>

Perhaps it is, but we were safe, then butcher started fecking around with formation and team selection, in my eyes that is unforgivable. just look at his stats, they aren't exactly brilliant, in actual fact they are horrible, you can't ignore those stats just because he was a good player in his day. I just have no faith in Butcher as a manager, until he proves otherwise i won't change my opinion, he hasn't even signed a damn player yet.

Edited by CaleyP

Pele Patterson......little success as a manager..........took charge of ICT....successfull.

Pele was a very successful Higland League manager before he came to us.

On topic, i don't think this is the time to be having a go at Butcher or digging through his managerial history. He presided over a major turnaround in the team's spirit, organisation and results last season. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough, but the guy deserves our complete backing going into next season.

Pele was a very successful Higland League manager before he came to us.

On topic, i don't think this is the time to be having a go at Butcher or digging through his managerial history. He presided over a major turnaround in the team's spirit, organisation and results last season. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough, but the guy deserves our complete backing going into next season.

Under Brewster, morale at ICT had sunk to an all time low, so it wouldn't have mattered who took over as manager...

There was bound to be some kind of improvement in team spirit, organisation, etc..

The problem was Butcher was unable to sustain that improvement when it really mattered, and as CaleyP suggested, he ultimately got us relegated thanks to some bizzare decisions regarding team selection and formation.

I'm not suggesting his contract should be terminated now, but if we are not in the top 3 in the SFL after say - 12 games, his position with the club should be seriously considered.

If the few posters on here who are slating T B in a very negative way are considered by many to be rational and fair I will not dignify this thread by commenting further.

Instead I will wait until well into next sesaon to pass any kind of judgement on a gent who has hardly got his frigging feet under the table yet to be judged on anything.

:33:

Caley P writes--Perhaps it is, but we were safe, then butcher started fecking around with formation and team selection, in my eyes that is unforgivable. just look at his stats, they aren't exactly brilliant, in actual fact they are horrible, you can't ignore those stats just because he was a good player in his day. I just have no faith in Butcher as a manager, until he proves otherwise i won't change my opinion, he hasn't even signed a damn player yet.

At what stage were we safe under Butcher? When he took over we were I think 5 points adrift. And with "fecking around with formations and team selection" got us playing in the last game of the season with a chance of staying up. Yes he made a couple or 3 strange decisions regarding players and where they played, but under Brewster and his formations and team selections we would almost certainly have been relegated by end of March.

I am not ignoring his stats, and I couldn't give a toss about his playing record, but as you said about Barrowman, "lets give him a chance to prove himself at a lower level and see what he can do". Even Brewster got a couple of months into the season before people were calling for his head.

Give Butcher a chance. I will take stock after a 12-15 games We should know by then if he is the man to get us back up.

Caley P writes--Perhaps it is, but we were safe, then butcher started fecking around with formation and team selection, in my eyes that is unforgivable. just look at his stats, they aren't exactly brilliant, in actual fact they are horrible, you can't ignore those stats just because he was a good player in his day. I just have no faith in Butcher as a manager, until he proves otherwise i won't change my opinion, he hasn't even signed a damn player yet.

At what stage were we safe under Butcher? When he took over we were I think 5 points adrift. And with "fecking around with formations and team selection" got us playing in the last game of the season with a chance of staying up. Yes he made a couple or 3 strange decisions regarding players and where they played, but under Brewster and his formations and team selections we would almost certainly have been relegated by end of March.

I am not ignoring his stats, and I couldn't give a toss about his playing record, but as you said about Barrowman, "lets give him a chance to prove himself at a lower level and see what he can do". Even Brewster got a couple of months into the season before people were calling for his head.

Give Butcher a chance. I will take stock after a 12-15 games We should know by then if he is the man to get us back up.

people keep going on about brew and what would have happened if he was still in charge, but we weren't under brew for the last 15 games we were under butcher, stop comparing the two, they were both awful. are you still going to be bringing brew up in 5 seasons to cover the incompetence of our present manager if results aren't going our way. butcher is culpabe and is in charge now, so he is the one who is to be judged, brew is the past so forget about him and stop comparing butcher to him so he looks good because that is the only way to make butcher look slightly good.

people are talking about butcher like he is a hero, he has done nothing to justify that, i understand where you are coming from about what i said about barrowman but i just think he needs confidence, as for butcher has no lack of confidence, no excuses for butcher he is meant to be a manager. i just look at the stats and facts and that's what i base my opinion on, the 15 games butcher was in charge he didn't show enough to get the hype that he has received by wishful thinking fans getting ahead of themselves, i prefer to go by facts rather than wishful predictions of how much better he will do next season, there is no proof to suggest he will.

people keep going on about brew and what would have happened if he was still in charge, but we weren't under brew for the last 15 games we were under butcher, stop comparing the two, they were both awful. are you still going to be bringing brew up in 5 seasons to cover the incompetence of our present manager if results aren't going our way.

Why not? Brewster effectively relegated us. The man was a chimp as a manager. I'll be going on about Brew till Butcher has had a decent chance to show that the club is going forward - say the whole of season 09-10.

They were both awful? Well I know Brewster got 17 points from 23 games while Butcher got 20 from 15, which is certainly not relegation form.

What always amazes me is that there's people who think that by saying the same thing over and over and over again it somehow makes it true.

I have no idea what Butcher will do over the season next year, but I like much of what I saw in his last 15 games and his form over that time (had it been over the whole season) would have secured us a top 6 finish.

When Butcher came in at the end of January we were practically dead and buried. We were rock bottom and very few people believed we were capable of clawing ourselves out of the hole. We went into the last game of the season with a chance of saving our SPL Status and that in itself was a major achievement....not only for Butcher, but for the team he had playing for him. It takes a lot for someone to give a collective lift to so many people and a lot of character for players to respond to that.

Like him or not, Butcher is the kind of person who commands, earns and is worthy of a lot more respect than some people on here afford him. Thankfully those people are in the vast minority and can be counted on the finger of one hand and most fans are willing to give the guy a chance to prove himself in Div 1.

There's little, if any, logic in the argument that Butcher got us relegated.