FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

My predictions for the rest of the

Guest birdog

Now that the cold stark reality of the state of our club has hit everyone who was taken in by the "Bounce right back" con, myself included, I would like to share some thoughts as to how I now see our season panning out.

1, We will finish in the lower half of the table but we will avoid the bottom two places.

We are just not good enough to challenge for the top spot and should concentrate on picking up enough points to avoid relegation.

2, Butcher and Malpas will be here until the end of their contracts, we cannot afford to get rid of them and pay for another management team to replace them but we should start looking NOW for their replacements so that as soon as they are off the books we have someone prepared to take over, who has a good idea of who he wants in his squad and how he is going to rebuild our team.

3, January transfer window will be near silent as far as players coming in and we will only replace squad members which we lose during that period, this will be done through loan deals and short term contracts.

4, We will have a decent run in the Scottish cup, no-one is going to give us any respect due to our state atm and this is when we produce the good runs.

With the current situation at our club at this time a successful season for me now would be to avoid dropping another division, win the challenge cup and beat the slumdogs 3 more times any more than this will be a bonus and will add to my enjoyment of the season. There is no point beating ourselves up over poor performances when we know that we are poor anyway, we might as well enjoy what we can and look forward to a year or two of rebuilding and improving. This is how I am going to get myself through this year anyway.

Now that the cold stark reality of the state of our club has hit everyone who was taken in by the "Bounce right back" con, myself included, I would like to share some thoughts as to how I now see our season panning out.

1, We will finish in the lower half of the table but we will avoid the bottom two places.

We are just not good enough to challenge for the top spot and should concentrate on picking up enough points to avoid relegation.

2, Butcher and Malpas will be here until the end of their contracts, we cannot afford to get rid of them and pay for another management team to replace them but we should start looking NOW for their replacements so that as soon as they are off the books we have someone prepared to take over, who has a good idea of who he wants in his squad and how he is going to rebuild our team.

3, January transfer window will be near silent as far as players coming in and we will only replace squad members which we lose during that period, this will be done through loan deals and short term contracts.

4, We will have a decent run in the Scottish cup, no-one is going to give us any respect due to our state atm and this is when we produce the good runs.

With the current situation at our club at this time a successful season for me now would be to avoid dropping another division, win the challenge cup and beat the slumdogs 3 more times any more than this will be a bonus and will add to my enjoyment of the season. There is no point beating ourselves up over poor performances when we know that we are poor anyway, we might as well enjoy what we can and look forward to a year or two of rebuilding and improving. This is how I am going to get myself through this year anyway.

1) we will finish 9th at the very most. might scrape survival then

2) I doubt very much that Butcher will be here past November

3) true

4) Knowing us, we'd probably lose to Elgin if drawn at home

We wont win the Alba cup with Butcher here and we will be lucky to get even 2 points outta that 3 games. I aint being optimistic, im being Realistic with that

Jeezus H Christ. I thought I was negative. Things aren't as bad as that.

1. We are not relegation contendors.
  2. Butcher will see his contract out and probably get another couple of years out of us to continue his "mission" of bringing football to the heithans.
  3. Expect a few comings and goings in January for more League One steals.
  4. We can beat Elgin but won't get a decent cup run.

Pre-Contracts will be singned by Foran, Hayes, Cox and Doogie lad..... wouldnt be supprised to see a couple more go too. we will have butcher untill he decides to go. we should be looking as you side BD for someone with a plan to take over his role and build up a list of lads he'd want in.... JR maybe.. and Bazza in as an assistant.

My prediction for the next year:

1) We lose to Dunfermline & Raith.... pressure builds

2) Draw with Ayr

3) Butcher walks

4) Robbo comes in

5) We have a great finish to the season but don't get promoted

6) Next season starts and we don't live up to expectation

7) By January we're looking for a new manager

.... and then the cycle continues

Edited by Harry Chibber

That my friend is the only thing, if DS gave a flying funk about the teams needs and the fans want we'd have what we want and need, if Robbo came in and failed (having given him the chance to start from Scratch)I stick my hand up and say lay off DS it was us that wanted it.. but untill this happens if ever... it'll always be DS's fault.

1. ICT draw against Raith and fail to beat Dunfermline. Graham Bayne is too much of a handfull for Bulvitis and runs him ragged. I see a real gubbing happening in the near future as well.

2. Pressure starts to mount on Butcher and Malpas.

3. Rumours brake out that Butcher and Malpas fall out with a first team squad player, likely one that is not one of Butcher's signings, but still a regular in the first team. ICT lose the Challenge Cup final.

4. The aforementioned player, seems to go the way for Hastings, Vigurs and McBain and seems to disappear completely.

5. After one final gubbing from a team that should not even be a match for ICT, Butcher walks followed afterwards by Malpas, only after strong rumours that he's going to take over. Outrage his shown by the fans, not wanting to see another management dud in the dugout.

6. To his disgust Malpas is not offered the job, he see's as rightfully his. He leaves ICT saying that the conditions he was working was "difficult". He also has a few choice words to say about the mindset and attitudes of the ICT support.

7. In the press a few days later, Butcher sights "money problems" as the reason he left. He also says the ICT's supporters mindset was "backwards" and "unrealistic".

8. ICT start looking for a new boss. Former managers are heavily linked with the job, with Paterson and Robertson heavily touted. A former less likely boss may also throw his hat into the ring. There may even be the possibility of a big name boss being interested (Mr Adriles perhaps but not necessarily). The fans seems quite keen on the big name but nothing comes of it. ICT supporters seem very keen on one other name in particular but he isn't given the job. Some fans call for a certain CTO poster to be given the job, and a small campaign begin. The poster keeps quite on the campaign and is not given the job. ICT appoint a manager who know his football and may or may not have been in the game for a while. They don't make the mistake of rushing the process.

9. Brewster comes out saying he can understand Butcher's "displeasure".

10. After some of Butcher's dead wood signings are shown the door, ICT bring in some talented youngsters. A former hero may also make his return.

11. ICT have a decent Scottish Cup run but narrowly miss out on a trip to Hampden. A final push is taken for promotion, but the Championship place is missed out a few weeks before the end of the season. Most ICT fans see the second half of the season as a "relative success".

My only prediction for the season is the we will once again carry on with a tactically inept manager as the club falls further into the mire, while those upstairs carry on patting themselves on the back telling each other what big important people they are. Then when its all to late the penny will drop that they have fecked up again.

Edited by stevico1

1. ICT draw against Raith and fail to beat Dunfermline. Graham Bayne is too much of a handfull for Bulvitis and runs him ragged. I see a real gubbing happening in the near future as well.

2. Pressure starts to mount on Butcher and Malpas.

3. Rumours brake out that Butcher and Malpas fall out with a first team squad player, likely one that is not one of Butcher's signings, but still a regular in the first team. ICT lose the Challenge Cup final.

4. The aforementioned player, seems to go the way for Hastings, Vigurs and McBain and seems to disappear completely.

5. After one final gubbing from a team that should not even be a match for ICT, Butcher walks followed afterwards by Malpas, only after strong rumours that he's going to take over. Outrage his shown by the fans, not wanting to see another management dud in the dugout.

6. To his disgust Malpas is not offered the job, he see's as rightfully his. He leaves ICT saying that the conditions he was working was "difficult". He also has a few choice words to say about the mindset and attitudes of the ICT support.

7. In the press a few days later, Butcher sights "money problems" as the reason he left. He also says the ICT's supporters mindset was "backwards" and "unrealistic".

8. ICT start looking for a new boss. Former managers are heavily linked with the job, with Paterson and Robertson heavily touted. A former less likely boss may also throw his hat into the ring. There may even be the possibility of a big name boss being interested (Mr Adriles perhaps but not necessarily). The fans seems quite keen on the big name but nothing comes of it. ICT supporters seem very keen on one other name in particular but he isn't given the job. Some fans call for a certain CTO poster to be given the job, and a small campaign begin. The poster keeps quite on the campaign and is not given the job. ICT appoint a manager who know his football and may or may not have been in the game for a while. They don't make the mistake of rushing the process.

9. Brewster comes out saying he can understand Butcher's "displeasure".

10. After some of Butcher's dead wood signings are shown the door, ICT bring in some talented youngsters. A former hero may also make his return.

11. ICT have a decent Scottish Cup run but narrowly miss out on a trip to Hampden. A final push is taken for promotion, but the Championship place is missed out a few weeks before the end of the season. Most ICT fans see the second half of the season as a "relative success".

:lol: Did anyone else make it this far into Renegade's post?

Think the Butcher bandages have long gone, however being a bit of an optimist, tomorrow could see a turn around, beating Raith and Pars will give the team much needed confidence.

We will start climbing up the league and winning the Duffers cup on penalties will make most fans smile again.

Oh and Renegade... your imagination is scary, stay off the blue smarties.

Edited by caley100

My predictions are

1) The current management duo will leave Inverness sooner rather than later - due to supporter unrest (ignorant behaviour to them and their players) This leaves the recruiting of a new decent manager an impossible task.

2) Foran will up sticks and away ASAP and will leave the team with no leader up the park.

3) The wave of 'Get JR back' is acted upon by the Board to satisfy the fans.

4) We move, with the new managers 'bounce', down towards relegation.

5) IHE blames the Muppets for bringing in this manager who, he reasons, if he was any good, would not have been working half a day a week for the BeeB but would have been picked up by another club. He then blames 'rose tinted glasses' and nostalgia blinding the forum users.

6) The site goes rather quiet as they think of a reply to IHE and then we get many postings of 'Yeabut, nobut,.....!

7) We then come to our senses and realise we have a wee team in the Highlands, no great wage structure, only therefore able to attract not the best of players. A position of mid 1st div dawns on the supporters as a realistic target but.....downward spiral is being felt.

8) A convoy of buses travel over the bridge every 2nd Saturday, with the new supporters hiding behind their scarfs as they pass the stadium going off to support their new team. This allows them a glimpse of what ICT enjoyed in the past.

9) The forum fans start a campaign to get JR out and replace him with Pele....'he is magic, his team's football a joy to watch'

A cry also goes up to bring back Wyness, Rankin, Cowie, Black and Dargo. Now all playing with East Stirling they will accept the new part time status of ICT and the speed of play in the now 3rd Div is not so fast.

1. We beat Raith

2. We beat the Pars

3. We beat Ayr

4. We draw with Morton (with a dreadful performance)

5. We beat County

6. We beat Airdrie (We make fools of them)

7. Alba cup champions

8. New centre half and centre mid for christmas

9. Win the league

10. Butcher realises that his rep will NEVER get any better and doesn't sign a new contract

11. CC comes back

12. We get relegated again.

13. Renegade is appointed to his/her (i suspect the latter :blink: ) rightful place with Barry Wilson as assistant.

Edited by TheKnowledge

This could go two ways, and for me, the next two games will tell.

Anything bar two wins against Raith and Dunfermline, we are in trouble. I really am looking for two wins, and if we dont, i will be happy to voice my displeasure. We surely are able to beat these teams.

Anyway, if we dont get two wins, we will slowly but surely carry on the way we are....down a long slippery slope into nothingness. If we win, its a confidence booster, and then we will start getting into the winning ways.

Come on Caley, i enjoy coming to the games, dont make me not come to them because i dont enjoy them! Start with a win tomorrow! If we dont find some sort of consistency, we are truly fecked.

My predictions are that this forum will continue to have ridiculous negative comments whatever happens for the rest of the season!!

it isnt ridiculous, its serious. How bad can one guy feck up. i thought Brewtser was bad but butcher takes the biscuit, cake and the whole shop

My predictions are that this forum will continue to have ridiculous negative comments whatever happens for the rest of the season!!

it isnt ridiculous, its serious. How bad can one guy feck up. i thought Brewtser was bad but butcher takes the biscuit, cake and the whole shop

:angry: :lol::lol::lol: From the looks of things hes taking our club also!

:lol::lol::lol: :017: From the looks of things hes taking our club also!

from the state its in, he can have it and we'll start again(if only :angry: )

We can always dream.

We can always dream.

but for now, we'll live in the nightmare