FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Concerns Threads (merged)

TopSix

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you are agreeing that they played it up without doing any groundwork for the campaign.

No I'm not. I don't know what ground work they did or didn't do but they didn't do anything any team relegated from the SPL has done before them. I don't see anything wrong with trying to get the fans to get behind the team and show their support by snapping up season tickets.

Again, how were the club meant to advertise season tickets this season? :)

Could his manager be sheltering him from the boo boys so that his confidence will not be undermined?

He is a ball player and as such requires time on the ball, time on the ball means he will make mistakes, mistakes at ICT means you are crap and should be booed, booing steals confidence.

What therefore is the answer? Play him away from home for short periods of time, which will not help his developement in a hurry.

I watched the Dons match on Alba last night and saw their three young guys do magic things on the park, wanting the ball, holding it up, back heeling into space etc. It did not all come off but it was a joy to watch and I doubt if the fans offered anything but encouragement.

Here we would be offering 'help' verbally and on this forum - all with a negative overtone.

As was stated by an ICT fan on another thread "I wish we had lost on Saturday...." Not a lot of negatitivy there then. This must really gee up the lads.

So, you are agreeing that they played it up without doing any groundwork for the campaign.

No I'm not. I don't know what ground work they did or didn't do but they didn't do anything any team relegated from the SPL has done before them. I don't see anything wrong with trying to get the fans to get behind the team and show their support by snapping up season tickets.

Again, how were the club meant to advertise season tickets this season? :)

To be fair, I can see both points here. Yes, the club had to say "bounce back up" as to say "get cosy mid-table" would have been a tad off. However, they may have hammed it up a bit too much, and despite having a parachute payment, no cash was made available for TB, and here we are dishing almost the same out in contract disputes that could have been avoided if they had a bit more gumption.

If the question is, "The board have talked the talk, have they walked the walk?" then the answer is most definitely no. Is that their fault, yes! (they could have avoided the 200k we are shelling out and bought better players, or at least like for like. ICT is perhaps 50% of what it was and there has to be a reason.)

(my most vitriolic post for many a moon)

15 years ago when the club was just starting out, I think everyone would've been delighted to be where we are just now and what we have achieved with being in the top league for so many seasons.

I know we aren't playing the best and probably won't get promoted but just think on how far we have come for such a small town and club.

15 years ago when the club was just starting out, I think everyone would've been delighted to be where we are just now and what we have achieved with being in the top league for so many seasons.

I know we aren't playing the best and probably won't get promoted but just think on how far we have come for such a small town and club.

I understand what you are saying, but football is all about being the best you can be, about playing to win, about never settling for second best. Ask any manager worth his salt and he will say that if you go onto the pitch not expecting or trying to win, then, you're not a footballer. And in the same vein, we should not be restricted in our ambitions by the past, our size, or anything. I take no comfort in looking back to the past and accepting our position just because we are "small"

(Vitriolic...fever...taking...over...)

:) :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

:) :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

ah, did i miss some irony there, ah ****

Probably not getting a game because he's not one of Butchers favourites . We all know Terry only plays his own favourites wether it does the team good or not .

not sure i agree with that, did you think Foran deserved to be hooked after an hour at the weekend? i didnt think he merited getting subbed and Foran certainly didnt going by his reaction when he took his seat on the bench.

Do you honestly think the only reason Butcher is a football manager is to play his 'favourites'. of course it isnt, he is trying to win games and will try do it how he sees fit, whether we agree with it or not is beside the point as we dont pick the team

Probably not getting a game because he's not one of Butchers favourites . We all know Terry only plays his own favourites wether it does the team good or not .

not sure i agree with that, did you think Foran deserved to be hooked after an hour at the weekend? i didnt think he merited getting subbed and Foran certainly didnt going by his reaction when he took his seat on the bench.

Do you honestly think the only reason Butcher is a football manager is to play his 'favourites'. of course it isnt, he is trying to win games and will try do it how he sees fit, whether we agree with it or not is beside the point as we dont pick the team

You think the dropping of Ryan Esson at the tail end of last season was butchers attempt at winning games ?

Did you think Foran deserved to be hooked after an hour at the weekend? i didnt think he merited getting subbed and Foran certainly didnt going by his reaction when he took his seat on the bench.

I came across this article in the Scotsman on substitutions a while back....

SOMETIMES we seem to be in danger of doing our sportsmen some disservice. We forget that for the most part they tend to be very young and have a lot to learn.

The fact that they are often grossly overpaid shouldn't be allowed to cloud our judgment. They're only paid what some people are prepared to pay them. This train of thought trundled into the station recently when two footballers, Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo, were taken off before the end of matches in which they were taking part and Rooney started to throw boots about and Ronaldo looked as if someone had stolen his fruit gums.

In neither case, I would submit, were the reactions all that surprising. Most people who played football in their youth and can still remember the experience, will realise, if they put their minds to it, how they would have felt themselves had they been out there all fit and healthy, enjoying a game of football when, suddenly, someone told them to stop what they were doing, get off and have a bath. It must be particularly galling if you can play football like Rooney and Ronaldo.

Of course, football has come a long way since the days when jackets doubled up as goalposts and the athletes involved were wont to relax with a fag at half-time. Now it's all diets and physios and at the top end of the scale it has become a squad game. Footballers have had to accept that, having assembled considerable numbers of players at great expense, managers feel more or less obliged to do a bit of tinkering now and then. In Rooney's case, the early departure seemed to be because a change in the pattern of play had been deemed necessary, while in Ronaldo's, the aim was to keep him fresh for an up-coming midweek European tie.

Worthy causes on both fronts, no doubt, but try telling that to youngsters raring to go. Come to that, try telling it to the people who have paid to come along to see them. I often watch the comings and goings in the latter parts of matches, when players are trudging off and bounding on in endless relays and think back to my boyhood when I watched the Hibs and wonder how I would have reacted had anyone dared to take off Gordon Smith. I'd probably have emigrated. Fortunately, in those days, the only ways to leave the field before the end of the game were by the referee's decree or by stretcher.

Spot on.

You think the dropping of Ryan Esson at the tail end of last season was butchers attempt at winning games ?

I think there is a lot more to that situation than we know about, i dont think he dropped Esson in an attempt to lose us games though.

Do you honestly think Butcher is trying to make us lose games?

15 years ago if I'd known that the hard work put in by so many people to get us into and up the leagues would be undone by the actions of those in charge of the club over the past two or three seasons I would have been far from delighted.

We have come a long way, but instead of consolidating our position and trying to grow and develop to the greatest extent possible for us, we're going backwards. This is what I object to

15 years ago if I'd known that the hard work put in by so many people to get us into and up the leagues would be undone by the actions of those in charge of the club over the past two or three seasons I would have been far from delighted.

We have come a long way, but instead of consolidating our position and trying to grow and develop to the greatest extent possible for us, we're going backwards. This is what I object to

Spot On WoC

You've perfectly summed up my feelings . I for one am not " delighted to be where we are just now " . Thats the problem with our support , because we were in the SPL for a while we'll now accept any old dross .

You've perfectly summed up my feelings . I for one am not " delighted to be where we are just now " . Thats the problem with our support , because we were in the SPL for a while we'll now accept any old dross .

But we won't, we'll walk away.

But we won't, we'll walk away.

We are a club. Clubs natuarly develope and get better. Saying that you are happy where we are is saying that if Celtic or Rangers finished 7th in the SPL, a fan would come on a forum and say "I never thought we would win that many trophies when we started out and i would be delighted to be where we ae just now.

Spot on.

not really.i'm not delighted where we are just because we've had success in the past.

we did that cos we deserved it and because a city the size of inverness should always have a decent team at the top level.its not our right to have it but its our right to demand it

I don't buy this whole look to the past stuff and how we should all be pleased about it, it's over. It's now that matters. Currently ICT are being run by a man who only gets management jobs, not because of his record but because of his name. ICT aren't even a shadow of the team they once were, it's been ripped apart by a couple management duds, one that was even given a second spell! In the beloved past, ICT used to be a fun team to watch and support, now it's not. Even just a few seasons ago, the ICT side was one made up of good core players that made ICT, ICT. Now all I see are mainly a bunch of strangers on the field, constantly failing to be able to pass a ball to man a few yards away. This is today's reality.

Edited by Renegade

• 2 weeks later...

I don't buy this whole look to the past stuff and how we should all be pleased about it, it's over. It's now that matters. Currently ICT are being run by a man who only gets management jobs, not because of his record but because of his name. ICT aren't even a shadow of the team they once were, it's been ripped apart by a couple management duds, one that was even given a second spell! In the beloved past, ICT used to be a fun team to watch and support, now it's not. Even just a few seasons ago, the ICT side was one made up of good core players that made ICT, ICT. Now all I see are mainly a bunch of strangers on the field, constantly failing to be able to pass a ball to man a few yards away. This is today's reality.

I agree with you on the point about the lack of togetherness among the team, though I also think the idea of the players making ICT, ICT, a little naive. There's little doubt that many of our former players enjoyed playing for the club. On the other hand, many have moved on - understandably - for larger financial rewards. I noticed the dundee v rangers score last night and assume rangers played a number of youth players?

I'd actually quite like to see TB do likewise have some younger squad members getting a game.