FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Airdrie Utd : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent enough game, and we were in total control from the off.

First half we dominated, but this tendency to want an extra touch in front of goal, or the unwillingness to just get a shot in, is infuriating. Too much of it in the first half. Sanchez got the goal right on the stroke of half time after a nice lay off from Imrie. That was as good as it got from Imrie, as he was fecking woeful the rest of the game.....although his attempt to do a 'Beckham' from our own half was pure comedy...the ball just about reacjed their keeper.

Second half...much the same really. Eric came on and livened things up, and with one of his first touches blasted it into the corner of the net. Not a bad game, especially after the disappointment of last week.

Well that was an exciting game :D

Excellent run by imrie for the first and good goal from Eric, thought the goal keeper saved it :001:

But what about the poor attendance? :019:

a recession , cup final next week ,xmas looming , people will be saving their money for the final it might just be at Perth but buses and trains have to be paid for and if it is a family of 4 going next week it gets expensive

Nae a bad game at all. Two goals to the good and it could/ should have been more. Thought their keeper was good and they threw their bodies in the way just in the nick of time on countless occasions. In truth, could have been 4 or 5. Had a novel experience sitting in the main stand just behind the dug out. I had no idea how bad the atmosphere was there, but I do now. It wasn't "Sunday league football" as was being screamed from behind me along with every negative comment in the book. Whoever you were (in section D, main stand, at the back of the lower section) I clocked you as did Butcher. Your comments showed that you knew feck all about fitba. Do Butcher & his players a favour and stay away. I hope TB reads this, well done today. Right selection, right tactics, good encouragement.Which is more than can be said for yon mainstander.

Am confused!!

on Sky Sports it says we are 5th however I have been on BBC and the SFL website and it says we are 4th so are we 4th or 4th??

Make your mind up you only have one choice!

why do some fans have to be so picky?

you know what i mean.

4TH OR 5TH?????????????????????

Easily one of the most boring games we've played this season (Erics goal excepted). Only the Diddy Cup "clashes" with County and Montrose were worse.

Very disappointed that there were no changes to the team after last weeks farce.

Bulvitis was his usual s***e self. Munro had a couple of howlers as well.

Butcher made the right choice in taking off Imrie after Half time. He was terrible.

Rooney was guff.

Positives? Well we won I guess, albeit against a 2nd division outfit. Also is Duncan having a decent game not one of the first signs of the apocalypse?

Edited by Jay_7

That was a very dull game, lit up only by a real piece of magic by Odhiambo. When his strike flew in, I felt a massive urge to do an Alan Partridge impression - "He's got a foot like a traction engine!"

As stated above, we always seemed in control, though Airdrie created one or two chances. Somebody - Foran or Rooney? - managed to head wide from two yards in the second half, Rooney blazed one over when he should have scored, and their keeper made some good stops in the first half.

As someone has already said, Duncan looked good today. Rossco was as good as I've seen him this season. Foran put in a shift and defensively we were relatively solid, though we always look on the brink of a big cockup.

On the other hand, Imrie had a real off day, and I am still far from being a fan of Sanchez - his goal was very jammy indeed.

The three points are all that matters, and the other results have definitely gone for us today!

Good to get the three points. Brilliant goal by Oidhambo to secure the win. But if you weren't at the match - don't be fooled by the scoreline. This was an inept performance against a lowly team that should have been well out of sight by early in the second half.

Our team have more than their fair share of players who seem incapable of passing or retaining possession. Our keeper had plenty to do and Airdrie would have well deserved a goal or two. Some of our players are shot shy and are afraid to take risks. I'd rather they ballooned the ball over the bar than never try at all.

Bulvitis played much better this week. Rosscoe was tearing down the wing as usual and getting some good tackles in. Johnny Hays contributed well when he came on. Adam Rooney has quality and showed it in flashes today. Foran had a poor game. Dougie Imrie is an enigma. He has talent and is capable of some brilliant stuff. But he is equally capable of some really stupid, careless stuff - notably giving the ball away when under no pressure. Concentrate 100% of the game Dougie, do the simple thing well and you will be a much better player.

ICT have traditionally been a passing team but we are seeing too many long balls hoofed up the park nowadays. Still, after the humiliation of being beaten by R*ss C**nty last week it was good to see our team get a win - especially at home!

Not a spectacular game but we were well in control of it. Imrie was terrible but made a good run and through ball to Sanchez for the opener.

Hayes and Odhiambo came on and both steaked a claim for a place in the side. Odi's goal was well taken and probably the best moment of the game. Hayes put in a couple of dangerous crosses one of which Foran should have buried with a free header.

Airdrie tryed to keep it tight but caved right on half time and had it not been for our poor finishing and Stephen Robertson's shot stopping it would have been more.

Well that was an exciting game :D

Excellent run by imrie for the first and good goal from Eric, thought the goal keeper saved it :001:

But what about the poor attendance? :D

that was all home fans though bar about 50 airdrie fans at most

I counted 89 airdrie fans :019:

Easily one of the most boring games we've played this season (Erics goal excepted). Only the Diddy Cup "clashes" with County and Montrose were worse.

Very disappointed that there were no changes to the team after last weeks farce.

If he was so bad why did TB leave him on

Butcher made the right choice in taking off Imrie after Half time. He was terrible.

Rooney was guff.

Positives? Well we won I guess, albeit against a 2nd division outfit. Also is Duncan having a decent game not one of the first signs of the apocolpse?

Good 3 points today. Thought there would have being alot of changes from last weekend but i guess most fans were shocked when it was the same team picked again. What a goal by Odi just like missict said i thought the keeper had it but then going in off the post. Well done Esson keeping a clean sheet made quite a few good saves aswel.

MoTM: Ross Tokely - He was runnig all over the field today think thats the first time i've seen him run down the wing in every attack

Rooney was guff.

Positives? Well we won I guess, albeit against a 2nd division outfit. Also is Duncan having a decent game not one of the first signs of the apocolpse?

Looking at the bench who would you have picked?

A welcome 3 points but still not looking like a side capable of winning this league.

Did anyone else notice Rossco effing and blinding at the wee physio girl who came on when he took a knock?

She looked a bit taken aback to say the least.... I hope he'll apologise to her for his uncalled for outburst.

Edited by Johnboy

Rooney was guff.

There was no one in the squad today that we could shuffle around. Obviously we have no other centre backs at the moment so the only option was to move Tokely inside. He was having a decent game at fullback so why move him?

Do you honestly rate Bulvitis? I appreaciate you either are from or live in Latvia but that doesn't mean you have to blindly support him. Personally I think Bulvitis and Djebi-Zadi are the poorest footballers ever to pull on an ICT shirt.

Have not read any of the thread yet.................but did anyone mention that Foran had the miss of the season, worse than anything Barrowman could have conjured up. One yard wide of the post, three yards of goals to score in, two yards wide he put the ball......shockerooney.

We also passed up a plethora of chances, nay maybe more than that.............*puzzled look on my face*...what is more than a plethora..................................anywhoooo we did have a lot of half chances to add to the scoreline, in all honesty we could have won six nil...........or maybe one.

We did deserve to win, we did win, not in humungous style, but we did get the important three points, all the other results went in our favour today.

We also passed up a plethora of chances, nay maybe more than that.............*puzzled look on my face*...what is more than a plethora..................................

Plethora only ranks fourth in the official OED chart...

1. A Barrowman

2. A hoor

3. A gamut

4. A plethora

5. A shedload