FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Airdrie Utd : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you not see it in the middle of the pitch when he hurt his wrist or whatever, she was trying to speak to him and offer him treatment and he just gave her a mouth full of abuse and flung his arms away from her and walked away from her shouting at her. Never liked him he's just a shocking player and a nutter.

Tokelys behaviour towards the physio was not on infront of everyone, any decent manager would fine him a week or twos wages for that sort of conduct.

What happend between them two?

Rossco was involved in a heavy collision and looked to have done severe damage to his arm/wrist. Physio was trying to get a look at it, but every time she touched it Rossco was pulling away in pain....have to say that there's only so many times I'd let someone grab a suspected break before telling them to do one, so don't think he was out of order at all, and you can be sure that if any apology is necessary then it will have already been given.

Tokelys behaviour towards the physio was not on infront of everyone, any decent manager would fine him a week or twos wages for that sort of conduct.

:huh: what did he do?

Look at CaleyD post :023:

Edited by WYNESS101

Passing, that was what struck me today. Do these players actually practise passing the ball during training? It was abysmal to say the least. Some are saying it was an exciting and enjoyable game, well they must be pretty easily amused cause about 90% of the game was boring as heck. So much for Butcher's "one or two he was tired of" malarky, what did he do? Put out the same team again. Imrie shouldnt have started, not after last weeks performance, and the same with Bulvitis, but ICT gained a welcome 3 points....but had it been a better team, it would've almost certainly been a defeat and ICT's game got longer and longer as time went on.

On the whole, Esson was fine, Golabek was quite good in the first half but not so much in the second, and the opposite can be said for Tokely. Didn't think much of him in the 1st half but was better in the second. Munro was alright, as was Bulvitis (he couldn't have got much worse after last weeks performance) but a leader and a big centre half is definately needed in January.

In the midfield, Proctor wasn't particularly bad, but had a fairly quiet game. Don't know what people see in Duncan, cause I thought he did nowt. Foran had a very quiet game, but how he missed that chance at the back post is beyond me. It was probably harder to do what he did than it was to score! And once again, there is Imrie. What an ego fantical player. Always goes for the glory and is greedy to the extreme. He has the pace, he has the agility, he has the talent. He just needs to channel it into a good performance. He should stop all this me, me, me stuff, cut out all the fancy nonsense and actually realise that football is a team sport, and look for the pass once in a while. There's other players on the field bar him. Sanchez was okay but was quite lucky with his goal. Not quite as good as normal, but still not bad.

Up front, I thought Rooney was rubbish. I see two bright sparks have voted to give him 5 points in the POTY poll! Seriously unbelievable stuff. Did absolutely nothing, except run around near the defender for 90 minutes. A poor performance at best.

Of the substitutes, Cox didn't have much time and unsurprisingly did very little when he came on, but a special mention has to go to Johnny Hayes. He was ace when he came, running and running at the full backs. Odhiambo was also quite good when he came and added a bit of zip to the front line. To cap it all of he scored an excellent, well taken goal. He can't help not getting more involved towards the end cause every ball punt to him was miles over his head.

Of Butcher, well he seems to like to talk about changes but seldomly does so. Remember his three pronged attack he was going to go with a month or so ago and then on matchday went with one up front? Well today was the same. A couple of changes, and Hayes re-introduced from the start? Aye right, the same thing again. Too many long balls, a disorganised looking team and yet again another defensive mindset. Things need changing Terry and had that been a better team ICT had come against today, it could well have ended in defeat.

Rossco was involved in a heavy collision and looked to have done severe damage to his arm/wrist. Physio was trying to get a look at it, but every time she touched it Rossco was pulling away in pain....have to say that there's only so many times I'd let someone grab a suspected break before telling them to do one, so don't think he was out of order at all, and you can be sure that if any apology is necessary then it will have already been given.

Even if the person trying to look at the damaged wrist or whatever, is a person trained to deal with these kind of injuries?

I do believe she had his best interests at heart, CD.

He's gone way, way down in my estimation as a player, and as a person, for an outburst of just about the most childish behaviour I've ever seen.

Of Butcher, well he seems to like to talk about changes but seldomly does so. Remember his three pronged attack he was going to go with a month or so ago and then on matchday went with one up front? Well today was the same. A couple of changes, and Hayes re-introduced from the start? Aye right, the same thing again. Too many long balls, a disorganised looking team and yet again another defensive mindset. Things need changing Terry and had that been a better team ICT had come against today, it could well have ended in defeat.

That could well be him using the media to fool our opponents and prepare for something different than what he is actually going to do.

Even if the person trying to look at the damaged wrist or whatever, is a person trained to deal with these kind of injuries?

I do believe she had his best interests at heart, CD.

He's gone way, way down in my estimation as a player, and as a person, for an outburst of just about the most childish behaviour I've ever seen.

if he'd done that to a nurse in a hospital nowadays he'd be locked up so would say an apology is definately in order

Three points and 2 places up the table is the story of today's game.

We struggled against an Airdrie team that looks like relegation candidates, a few players were off the boil today, and as said above, why shout about changes and not change anything mr Butcher?

Imrie was all action and no finesse,apart from the pass to put Sandshoes through, Foran must have been dreaming about the Heathmount because everything he did was pysh.

Duncan played well did what he was supposed to do-stop them in the last 25-30 mtrs, Difficult to choose a MOM today as too many players had their minds on a cup final.

A funny sort of match. We had the chances or half chances to have scored 6 or 7 but never really played well. We looked pretty vulnerable at the back and might well have conceded a few had we been up against a better side.

Esson was solid as usual but was not required to make any difficult saves. Tokely seemed very subdued in the first half but played more like his old self in the 2nd with some great runs down the right with good crosses on the end. Munro was solid enough and Bulvitis OK. Golly had some really bad moments and was IMO the poorest player today. Proctor was pretty solid throughout and apart from one lapse was very effective. Sanchez scored but otherwise looked pretty ineffective. Duncan was OK. Foran again worked hard and won some great tackles when he came back deep. He was ineffective when coming forward and missed a sitter. Rooney was again very effective in making sure the Airdree defence was always under pressure. He should have done better when he blasted over the bar but in general the ball just didn't run for him. Imrie again worked really hard, chased the ball down and then gave it away. He seems to lack an awareness of where his team mates are. Hayes and Odhiambo both did great when they came on. Hayes always seemed to occupy 2 defenders wide on the right whilst Eric's goal was far and away the highlight of the match.

Anything other than a win against Airdree would have been a disaster so whilst it is good to win, we shouldn't get too exited. The worrying thing for me today was the number of times varous players simply gave the ball away when under no pressure at all. The passing is poor and must improve if we are going to beat the better sides in the division.

A big plus point though is that a few weeks ago we were wondering where the goals would come from. Now we are top scorers in the division.

"Of Butcher, well he seems to like to talk about changes but seldomly does so. Remember his three pronged attack he was going to go with a month or so ago and then on matchday went with one up front? . Things need changing Terry and had that been a better team ICT had come against today, it could well have ended in defeat".

As you say Mr Renegade "Aye right, the same thing again" .......... Oh! and 3 points - I presume you would have changed this ?

:023: Were you at the same match as us today ? This is the formation that delivered the two recent big wins.

We are 4th, in reach of top/Dundee.....and in a Final next week.

Yep can't really say anything that hasn't already been said.

Decent game, a good 3 points, and would have gone just to see Odi getting back on the scoresheet with a cracker.

Big disappointment being that Butcher didn't decide to wield the axe as he had threatened to do. This just proves that everything he comes out and says in the papers is just to appease the fans and get him by. Sanchez and Duncan should have been dropped as a result of their cowardly performances against County, even though both were pretty good today.

One thing though : BRING LIONEL BACK. I've seen Golly many times in an ICT shirt, a good player back in the day, but now he looks unfit, short of any pace or imagination and lacking in height (always been this way, and maybe not a real disadvantage). When Lionel played he had pace and energy, enough to get back and cover, even for his own mistakes. He also had the imagination to take the ball forward and put a good ball into the box. With Roscoe not quite at the peak of his powers we need some attacking full-backs, especially if Butcher persists with Imrie and Sanchez/Foran out wide.

And how about we bring the dugout to the North Stand. The main stand is a joke.

One thing though : BRING LIONEL BACK. I've seen Golly many times in an ICT shirt, a good player back in the day, but now he looks unfit, short of any pace or imagination and lacking in height (always been this way, and maybe not a real disadvantage). When Lionel played he had pace and energy, enough to get back and cover, even for his own mistakes. He also had the imagination to take the ball forward and put a good ball into the box. With Roscoe not quite at the peak of his powers we need some attacking full-backs, especially if Butcher persists with Imrie and Sanchez/Foran out wide.

Are you off your rocker?

How many goals have we shipped from that area of the pitch since Lionel was found out? The last thing (and I do mean last) is to take Lionel into a defence that already looks weak with Bulvitis in it. Graham Shinnie is learning from a cracking left back and in time will replace Golabek. Djebi-Zadi has no place in the team and folk like you calling for him to be reintroduced will do the team no good at all.

Great goal from Eric only memorable thing from this game. Foran did some of his best work in defence and put in a good shift.

Atmosphere dire. If Terry Butcher had farted the whole stadium would have heard.

Disgrace that Scotland are playing at the same time as there is a full SFL card. The SFA should be ashamed of themselves and compensating those clubs who had a home game today.

@ Jay7, Lionel is a better player than Gollie.

We won't win this league through defending. We have the best strikeforce in the league and they need proper service.

The amount of times I have seen Gollie take the ball on the left, pass it to a player directly in front of him and give him no option but to pass it straight back.

By all means Gollie, prove me wrong, but Lionel is a better option.

@ Jay7, Lionel is a better player than Gollie.

We won't win this league through defending. We have the best strikeforce in the league and they need proper service.

The amount of times I have seen Gollie take the ball on the left, pass it to a player directly in front of him and give him no option but to pass it straight back.

By all means Gollie, prove me wrong, but Lionel is a better option.

:023:

Let's hope it's not up to you to scout ICT's players!

What do some of you want from Caley ? nice fancy football and losing every week or playing half decent football and picking up points??

I know what i want, the bleeding points, so stop whinging and get behind the team.

Maybe one of the mods can put up a poll asking these questions.

Lets get ready for next week , the first cup final of the season in the UK

:party01: :dancing03:

What do some of you want from Caley ? nice fancy football and losing every week or playing half decent football and picking up points??

I know what i want, the bleeding points, so stop whinging and get behind the team.

:party01:

We won 2-0 against the team that is at foot of the table. "Let's not get carried away here" should be the lesson learnt last week. My mistake, eh?

:party01:

We won 2-0 against the team that is at foot of the table. "Let's not get carried away here" should be the lesson learnt last week. My mistake, eh?

celtic couldnt beat a team bottom of the league, Caley can, so what do you want a 20-0 scoreline,as long as the points are secured thats whats wanted

Personally I think Bulvitis and Djebi-Zadi are the poorest footballers ever to pull on an ICT shirt.

Have you just come off the Ferry? :dancing03:

We struggled against an Airdrie team that looks like relegation candidates, a few players were off the boil today, and as said above, why shout about changes and not change anything mr Butcher?

Relegation candidates tend to have a lot more at stake. Personally I am thankful that Butcher stuck with the same team as they now have another 90 minutes together and another 3 points. Onwards and upwards.