FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Game ON!

Pele_Is_God

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitch inspection at 9 am , i should know 5 mins after the decision is made,some one who works at the club is going to phone me, the decision will also be posted on the Dundee web site, i will post it here as soon as i know.The weather is fine in Dundee at the moment

9am inspection not much good to me and any others flying up from London. I'll be half way to Edinburgh by then. I suppose I can ring the ground from Edinburgh airport, and until then just keep my fingers crossed.

Made a few phone calls and this is the current siutation from my understanding

The pitch is very wet and soft under foot but the weater forecast is showing a clear night and a dry day for perth tomorrow which means the game would go ahead

IF the weather forecast is incorrect and there is rain tonight that game would be in serious doubt and if the game got the go ahead at 9am there would be hourly inspections just to make sure the pitch condition does not worsen

At the current stage the inpsection is only a precaution as it stands the game WILL go ahead but if there is more rain during the night the game would be in doubt

So everyone starting praying for a dry night and do the sun dance or anything just keep it a dry next 24 hours in perth

As long as it stays clear until 3 it should be fine :music01:

A dry morning, but the leading edge of a frontal system will bring the first hint of rain by early afternoon, with heavier and more persistent rain looking likely to set in during the game. With a bit of luck the weather system might get held up on the M8! :blush:

Hi all

I'm a Dundee fan, been living in West Lothian for seven years after moving here from Ullapool. Been visiting your site occasionally this season since you've joined us here in div 1, and have to say I think it's pretty good. There appears to be a healthy mix of weird and wonderful individuals who use the forum, making it an entertaining read......

Anyway, looking forward to today's game, should be a close one. Both teams are capable of running up a decent win if they play to their strengths. Could go either way. Best of luck and hope you all enjoy your day out(not too much, ofcourse) :music01:

Hope it stays dry......light rain here at the moment :blush:

Is it totally selfish to hope that it lashes down over Perth and the replay is rearranged for sometime during my leave?

Yes

Just as well I had that conscience by-pass when I went to sea then ;)

Edited by Birdog2