FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Striker No Longer Required?

kencar

Article from Press & Journal online.....

Caley Jags manager Charlie Christie declared himself happy with the performances from Dargo, Dennis Wyness and his second half replacement Graham Bayne.

With options in attack, Christie is looking to bolster his midfield choices before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

Christie said: "With three players leaving in the past week, I would like to bring in a new face and a young attack-minded wide player is my priority.

"Inverness Caley Thistle, as has been proved over the years, is a great place to develop your career and I am looking for somebody in that mould to come in."

Who is the 3rd player to have left this week? I can think of only Proctor & Parrat going.

Do we really have enough options in attack? Only a few weeks ago we didn't  :017:

Strange that CC says he wants another midfielder/wide player, we are in my mind needing cover in defence, and also a better player than Bayne for up front, ie someone who can get goals from headers, if fact someone who can score, cos bayne wont.

Not yet.

Says on the BBC site that's he's still training with us but is free to go if he finds a club

bbc never update there site very regularly from livi site on sat

Liam Fox became the third player to leave Caley Thistle in five days yesterday as he sealed a permanent switch to Livingston.

The 22-year-old had been made available for loan by Inverness manager Charlie Christie but has now severed his ties with the Highland club and moves on a free transfer. The terms of his contract with the Lions have still to be finalised but he will join John Robertson's side for training for the first time on Monday, rather than play against Ross County today. Fox follows Tom Parratt and David Proctor out of Caledonian Stadium after they moved to Hamilton Accies and Dundee United respectively this week.

Robertson said: "Charlie gave us permission to speak to Liam and he will start with us at the beginning of next week

From update today on BBC site......

Inverness sold David Proctor to Dundee United last week and Liam Fox could be next to go.

Livingston manager John Robertson has been tracking the midfielder.

And Bennett added: "Liam is free to go if he gets a club but he is still training with us.

"John Robertson seems to have rekindled his interest but says he needs to get his wage bill down before he can take Liam.

"The lad deserves to know and hopefully it can be clarified in the next two or three days."

Well thats Fox offically off to Livi now so I would hope there would be at least 1 new arrival before the end of the month

Calum Elliot looks likely to sign for Motherwell on loan which is a bit of a result for them with Jim Hamilton moving back to dunfermline

I thought we might have tried to get a hold of Hamilton but obviously not!! 

I don't think we need anyone else in the team but I think we would struggle if Bazza got injured and by the looks of our midfield against Hibs I would like another option on the left aswell. 

I think Bayne will be given until Christmas to prove his worth to the team

ok lets  look at the bigger picture here , proctor gone, parrat gone , wheres our cover for right back now ? please dont say caff, he is a centre back , so we are now VERY short in that area , is parratt on loan or permanemt transfer ???

Parratt is offski for good

Caff was excellent for us against Hibs and Celtic at right back last season probably Motm in both games and looked more than capable in that position... just because he had 1 unconvincing game against St Mirren doesn't mean he is uncapable of covering for Tokely.