FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Renegade's January Quiz

Renegade

Well we had my New Year's Quiz, now it's time for my January Quiz! Answer these questions by using your own knowledge only. Cheating is wrong and very naughty. Just post your answers further down the thread, you won't be getting any of them right anyway. :D

1. Which actor did Terry Butcher fall out with, essentially ending his time at Sydney?

2. Name the former ICT player who has exactly a 50% record for goals and games.

3. Butcher's former club Sydney FC, either contemplated or in fact did sight legal against a small Norwegian side named Sparta. Why?

4. Before the North Stand was built, a couple of seasons previously the club had drawn plans for a North Stand with a somewhat different design. Had this stand been built, what did the club intend to call it?

5. Last time round, I mentioned that Steve Paterson was signed for Yomiuri by German manager Rudi Gutendorf. Gutendorf has another link to ICT, what is it?

Post your answers now!

1. is the Aussie guy in CSI or something. He's a bit of a, well I wont go there.

2. I'll go with what Sir C says.

3. They poo'd on their porch

4. The Sea Saw Stand because they saw the sea, see.

5. He went them in Football Manager(fact). Linked to job post? Managed Sergei Baltacha?

Guest Mahonio

I am not sure of any of the answers from 1 and 3-5 yat but i think number 2 could be Barry Wilson who has played 2 for Peterhead and scored on his debut. I am actually surprised no one else got that :lol: :D

I am useless at quizzes unless they are about Tennis so i am proud of answering question 2 even if i am wrong

1. No idea

2. John MacDonald

3. No idea. Would guess at something like they had a pre season game organised which the Norwegians forgot about and didn't turn up.

4. I'll go with Sir C and say Dolphin End

5. He managed someone who was once on the coaching staff at ICT.

I am not sure of any of the answers from 1 and 3-5 yat but i think number 2 could be Barry Wilson who has played 2 for Peterhead and scored on his debut. I am actually surprised no one else got that :lol: :D

The question is actually about players playing for ICT at the time, not those who went to other clubs. Honestly some people... :lol:

When will the answers be posted?

I'll post them on the 31st.

1. The actor Butcher fell out with was a director of Sydney FC but I can't remember his name. In fact I don't think I'd even heard of him before the Butcher story. It certainly wasn't a world famous Australian actor like Stefan Dennis.

2. MacDonald, 1 from 2 games.

3. They hacked/copied their website?

4. The Dolphin Stand.

5. No idea but I'm intrigued.

6. Pretty sure Wyness was loaned from Aberdeen and Hearts.

7. 26th January 2010

Scotland v Kenya cricket match.

Nehemiah Odhiambo

Edited by themann4thejob
Adding answer

#1 - Anthony LaPaglia from "Without a Trace", I agree with captain he is a total knob, he's on the telly here doing/saying stupid things about footy all the time

no idea about the rest of them though

Edited by ICT_Away

Guest Mahonio

After a long think last night the name that seems to stick in my mind regarding question 4 is The Jock MacDonald stand. I may be wrong but it is the only name that sticks in my mind after a long think last night.

Well we had my New Year's Quiz, now it's time for my January Quiz! Answer these questions by using your own knowledge only. Cheating is wrong and very naughty. Just post your answers further down the thread, you won't be getting any of them right anyway. :huh:

1. Which actor did Terry Butcher fall out with, essentially ending his time at Sydney?

2. Name the former ICT player who has exactly a 50% record for goals and games.

3. Butcher's former club Sydney FC, either contemplated or in fact did sight legal against a small Norwegian side named Sparta. Why?

4. Before the North Stand was built, a couple of seasons previously the club had drawn plans for a North Stand with a somewhat different design. Had this stand been built, what did the club intend to call it?

5. Last time round, I mentioned that Steve Paterson was signed for Yomiuri by German manager Rudi Gutendorf. Gutendorf has another link to ICT, what is it?

Post your answers now!

Skippy - Jim Calder - becos they were norwegian turds - The Johndo MacKenzie Stand - His name sounded like a thick fat lad.

#1 - Anthony LaPaglia from "Without a Trace", I agree with captain he is a total knob, he's on the telly here doing/saying stupid things about footy all the time

no idea about the rest of them though

I knew it was a cop/espionage/kidnap show thing. CSI isn't that far off.

So here's the answers as promised -

Without a Trace star Anthony LaPaglia. Butcher and him fell out mainly due to Butcher's love of long balls which LaPaglia had a deep dislike for, as did many supporters and pundits. During Butcher's feud with him (and while he was still in the job), Butcher claimed he would never watch LaPaglia's programme again.

Some info -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...-sack-jibe.html

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/soc...r-1111112398816

LaPaglia's comments on Butcher are at 06:06