FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Thats the last straw now

caleykid1994

Obviously the answer is to check your statements, but I will admit I'm not too good at doing that. :-( However I'm pretty sure that the credit company would have advised the club of the non payment. I would have thought that they would have made some effort to contact you prior to taking such a public stance.

Bottom line I suppose is that if it wasn't paid for, then you have no right to use it, but sounds like it could have been handled better

Do you not think ICT should have noticed this as well? Certainly once they did they could at least have contacted the supporter to make them aware of the problem instead of handling it the way they did?

As far as I remember the season tickets sold with a payment plan are sold through a third party credit provider so ICT can hold no blame here, it is likely that the third party contacted ICT to say the ticket was not paid for and ICT removed the ticket due to it being invalidated.

Agree with Birdog here .... credit agreements usually mean that the vendor offering them (in this case ICT) get paid up front by the credit company and the "debt" becomes that of the finance company. The finance company have likely contacted ICT to say that this ticket is invalid.

Caleykid this is no reason to stop supporting a team that you previously loved. Its the people who run the club you have the problem with, not the club. Pay at the gate until the end of the season, You've been enjoying football for free for the past few months so count yourself lucky.

Im wondering how much of this hoo ha is down to the OP taking the hump and blowing it all out of proportion, as younger ones are prone to doing. I know myself I do happen to check my Direct Debits have been taken on the agreed date. BUT, i know many people dont, and i dont think that it unreasonable. If i was the OP.....i would be shifting the blme here and saying the credit company entered a legally binding agreement, to take an agreed ammount on an agreed date, and they failed to act with reasonable skill and care, thus leaving you with an acrued debt, thro no fault of your own!

Edited by SMEE

I have spoken to ICT this morning about this and they assure me that the finance company have sent letters to the OP. It would be worth him contacting ICT to check that they have the correct address and to discuss sorting things out. They assure me (and I have no doubt this is the case) that this is an absolute last resort and every effort will be made to resolve any such issues with the people involved.

Hmmm I wonder if it hadn't been noticed he hadn't been making the payments (through no fault of his own I stress...probably) and he continued to watch them scot free he'd complain?

One of two thinks have been done me thinks. 1- bank statements were NOT checked. OP had no idea if payments being made and that some illegal fraudster posing as a rich Nigerian diplomat has in fact been pinching out of his account for ages.

2- Bank statement HAS BEEN checked and, what, they're not taking the money? Ah well I'll keep that stoom. Maybe no one will notice. Chance it me thinks. If they eventually bill me I'll pay it of course, but its their job, no mine.

I make a point of checking my statements. I wanna know Im paying my DDs etc so Im not given a shock 5 months down the line.

Mind you It doesn't stop the bank phoning up and checking what you've been spending your money on and it is in fact you thats been spending it. "?55 in pub" Yep me. "62.75" in club (same night, cash back included) yep, me again

... and then getting told your card has been comprimised and would be cancelled anyway as it had been used in a place where known fraud had taken place. Then when i ask "Any chance you could tell me where this was, so i dont use it there again?" "sorry we cant give out that information, computer says naw!"

So in the end whilst the bank/DD company or club maybe should have got in contact earlier (if they didn't) OP should have been checking his statements and making sure, if he wants to be sure events like this didnt arise.

Another option is that the OP moved house and forgot to tell the bank, ICT and the finance company, thus not getting the statements.

Despite the humiliation and so on, it is not the club's fault, (unlike many other things) so, whilst I agree it could have been handled better, a bit churlish to miss out on the fab footie we are getting just now.

You should settle the outstanding debt too, not just morally because you've had the benefit of the season ticket, but because Premium Credit might blacklist you and affect your ability to get credit in future.

How do you know that never happened? If the OP is lax enough to not check his bank statements then it is entirely possible, probable even, that he is as lax with the rest of his mail.

Agree with Birdog here .... credit agreements usually mean that the vendor offering them (in this case ICT) get paid up front by the credit company and the "debt" becomes that of the finance company. The finance company have likely contacted ICT to say that this ticket is invalid.

Hence the second part of my post saying it would be interesting to know what conversations were had after this was discovered.

Leave him be now, we all spit the dummy from time to time and sometimes we regret it. What is it they say, by all means write an angry letter but don't post it untill the morning. whats surprising me is how positive some of these posts have been about the team. Its like a different forum.

Mistakes can be made so its better to talk to the right people to get things resolved.

As pointed out the gripe is really with the finance company they are the ones you have a contract with and not ICT .

Does this mean that the cut off date has now been reached for all non payers, as this will affect more than just the 1 fan in question.

I once had the TV licence detector people round at my house accusing me that I didn't have a TV licence, I told them it had been paid but they had no record and showed them a bank statement as proof of payment.

There was a mix up on their side and had registered me as paying for another house further down the street??

Problem solved, I didn't go off on one and tell him I would never watch TV again.

Can we now assume that the highly intelligent staff at all of the gates have memorised the name address and seat no of all non payment customers and their super quick brains have flagged this up before tearing a match day ticket out.

Something doesn't add up to me.

If your seriously not going back to TCS can I suggest you visit Clach Park for your footballing fix , they need all the support they can get and you'll be made very welcome and they have the best pies in British football with very little queuing !

Its like a different forum.

Devil's Advocate question - how would this thread have read three or four months ago? :rolleyes:

I can tell you that my answer would have been the same ! Whilst I can go off on a rant with the best of them at times, I do believe I give credit (no pun intended) where and when it is due and criticise for the same reasons .... In a perfect world we would be praising the team and the board all the time ... lets hope we can get there one day !

Back to this thread now .... Having dealt with credit agreements for a significant portion of my working life, I know that the vendor is basically out of the loop once the agreement is signed ... the credit company pay the vendor in full less any fees or commissions and their involvement is then over. The financial transaction and payment agreement is solely between the finance company and the customer. I can think of no finance company that doesn't send letters when payments are missed and surprised it took 5 months to come to a head.

ICT would have been under no obligation to confiscate the book but its a bit like retaining someone's credit or debit card when the banks ask you to do so or when it comes up on your computer terminal during a credit check or financial transaction ... its a business courtesy. There is no pleasant way to retain "property" that someone believes belongs to them but actually belongs to someone else (be it a card, a season ticket, or even things like cars or houses) and confrontation and emotion are then virtually guaranteed ... the OP is obviously displaying this in the thread but as has been said by others the OP needs to look at where his fault also lies.

think it is rather petty of you to stop supporting the club you support for this , i can remember people being chucked out of caley stadium and even recently a court appearance after following this club , and these fans still go because, they support and follow ict.

I Can understand you are angry about this, and you are right in some ways that the club or direct debit company should have contacted you , but you also do have a responsability to make sure you are paying for the season ticket.

Good luck with Caley playing in the european cups against inter milan... or even leeds....

Edited by jamie ictfc

I Can understand you are angry about this, and you are right in some ways that the club or direct debit company should have contacted you , but you also do have a responsability to make sure you are paying for the season ticket.

Obviously there are limitations on what we can be told (or post) due to the data protection act but I did a little digging on this and it would seem that the person in question has been written to on at least 3 occasions by the credit company. The address they have on file is the same address that ICT have and ICT have confirmed today that the person still lives there ......... so it seems there are a fair few porkies flying around in this unexpected season ticket snatch and they arent coming from the stadium !