FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrowman - shut yer pus !

Scotty

Think the topic title says it all .....

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/fu..._Barrowman.html

"FORMER Caley Thistle striker Andrew Barrowman insists he has nothing to prove to Inverness manager Terry Butcher and insists the boo-boys will not affect him tonight when he plays at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium for the first time since returning to rivals Ross County.

The 25-year-old, who moved back across the Kessock Bridge two months ago after failing to establish himself with Butcher's first team squad, has got used to the jeers which he feels were unfairly directed towards him when he signed for the Highland Capital club in summer 2008.

"They used to boo me when I played there for Inverness, so it won't make a difference to me whatsoever and I couldn't care less," said Barrowman, following Saturday's 1-1 draw with Dundee."

Newsflash barrow-boy .... we know you couldnt care less, it showed every time you took to the park in that epic failure that was your Caley Thistle career ... look up "under achieving tw** who was only there for the money" in the dictionary and your picture is on the page !

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I take it I'm one of the few who thought Barrowman didn't get a chance at ICT. I went to a few county home games when they were in Div 2 and ICT were away and he reminded me of Paul Ritchie, a pretty ineffective player outside the box but put the ball at his feet or on his head in the box and he'll hit the target. He was played mainly as a target man for ICT and I certainly don't think he is a target man as his dismal record for ICT showed. So I'd agree he has nothing to prove to Butcher or the ICT fans.

nahh, he didnt catch a big one, he doesnt know how to use a net, be it fishing or football !!!

However it does annoy me that he personally does not take any responsibility for his failure at Caley Thistle. If he was as good as he thought he was with his 29 goals the season before (a total that Rory McAllister is on target to smash btw) he might consider being a bit more humble about his epic failure in the higher leagues, especially when he was getting paid far more than he has ever deserved.

I take it I'm one of the few who thought Barrowman didn't get a chance at ICT. I went to a few county home games when they were in Div 2 and ICT were away and he reminded me of Paul Ritchie, a pretty ineffective player outside the box but put the ball at his feet or on his head in the box and he'll hit the target. He was played mainly as a target man for ICT and I certainly don't think he is a target man as his dismal record for ICT showed. So I'd agree he has nothing to prove to Butcher or the ICT fans.

I kind of agree with you there, how good he would've been at ICT we'll never know as he was always played the wrong way.

Utterly, utterly useless bawbag. He needs halfed by somebody, preferably tonight.

Rossco's gonna get ya ..... Rossco's gonna get ya ......

Barrowman is more "McAllister" than "Richie" ........

Barrowman - 41 appearances (24 starts) - 3 goals: 7% return rate, 12.5 if you want to be generous and just do starts.

Ritchie - 132 appearances (106 starts) - 63 goals: 47% return (or 59% - starts only)

McAllister - 62 appearances (15 starts) - 5 goals: 8% return (or 33.33% - starts only) [and now 20+ goals in D2/Cup]

Actually...ad love to see Brewster get pelters too. After all....he drove the club backwards. Unfortunatley....our reserved support wont set about him....coz its not "The Highland Way"

a pretty ineffective player outside the box but put the ball at his feet or on his head in the box and he'll hit the target.

how good he would've been at ICT we'll never know as he was always played the wrong way.

A good player - one with natural ability and a decent work ethic - would ADAPT his game not expect the team to adapt theirs !

All through my working life things have changed constantly .... technology, rules, methods, the way a manager or director wants things done etc .... and each and every time I have to try and adapt my methods to make sure I can be as good as I can be rather than expect others to change theirs.

Because I have what seems to be a natural ability for most things technical, I can actually do that in most areas, and in those areas where I struggle, I will work hard to train myself or force myself to learn so I can stay at the top of my game .....

Barrowman was an expensive luxury if all we were supposed to do was work the ball hard then give it to his feet/head in the box so he could attempt to score. Where is the teamwork, where is the effort, where is the hunger, where is the work ethic ... the lazy little to$$er had none of that so failed abysmally. Dont forget, he has now failed twice in the SPL, once with ICT, once with Kilmarnock ... doing it once might give some theories credence, doing it twice is a pattern with only one common denominator !

nahh, he didnt catch a big one, he doesnt know how to use a net, be it fishing or football !!!

Excellent point and very well put.

However it does annoy me that he personally does not take any responsibility for his failure at Caley Thistle. If he was as good as he thought he was with his 29 goals the season before (a total that Rory McAllister is on target to smash btw) he might consider being a bit more humble about his epic failure in the higher leagues, especially when he was getting paid far more than he has ever deserved.

What annoys me is that someone was so blind to the mechanics of football that they saw fit to pay so much towards this failure, a failure which was predicted long before he pulled on an ICT strip. Footballers need arrogance and he has it in barrowloads, shame he has not got the skill to back it up.

Got to love hows its changed from being the managers fault for not playing a team to fit round Barrowman to feck you Barrowman you were never good enough for ICT . Nowt as fickle as football fans !

Dont think I have ever said that ?

Got to love hows its changed from being the managers fault for not playing a team to fit round Barrowman to feck you Barrowman you were never good enough for ICT . Nowt as fickle as football fans !

Ive never blamed the manager for not playing Barrowlaods, Ive praised him

Barrowman has always been and will always continue to be pish!!!

Some will say he never go a chance, but whose fault is that?

Brewster bought him in, gave him games and although scoring on his league debut to beat Aberdeen, did absolutely nothing afterwards! He played, he never scored, he got dropped. He was used as sub, did nothing when coming on, expected starts for doing sod all, given more chances from the bench, never took them, gets dropped further down pecking order, blames manager for not getting chances.

Butcher comes in, gives chances from bench, never takes them. Expects starts for doing nothing, they ultimately don't arrive, gets played from bench and does nothing. Cant header, cant tackle, misses sitters from 12inches out, loses possetion. Gets left on bench more and drops further down pecking order.

Barrowman gets starts on arrival due to great scoring record previous season. Scores on debut. Does nothing afterwards. Runs mouth off to media about management styles and how he doesnt get chances. Chances come to his feet and he blows them. Crosses come in and he ducks. Gets dropped to bench. Gets on to prove worth, does nothing. Chances come and he blows them whilst ducking out of headers (i see a pattern forming here). Drops down the pecking order.

Rooney starts a few games makes no impact. Gets dropped to bentch. Replaces barrowman who's done nothing throughout matches, takes chances. Gets a few starts and adapts his game. Starts to score goals and get in good positions. Takes chances and connects with headers. Continues to work hard in training and on matchdays and is rewarded with starts. Scores more goals. Now a regular and deserving of a higher wage and extended contract.

You see Mr Barrowloadofuttershitepishanddrivvel, YOU failed in YOUR ict career because YOU are garbage, YOU are lazy and YOU dont adapt. So :lol: to you and your mpaning. Rant over!!!

Actually...ad love to see Brewster get pelters too. After all....he drove the club backwards. Unfortunatley....our reserved support wont set about him....coz its not "The Highland Way"

You havn't been to any of the games at Victoria park then.