FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

How Many Wins Would Win It?

Renegade

I was reckoning , before the county game...we would need 15 pts from 21. So, by that reasoning, im thinking 12 pts from 18 shoud do it...so....4 wins for me should do it. Gonna be tuff tho...as we are the team to beat...so teams will raise their game against us

6 games Renegade, we need to win 4 and draw one

If we win 5 and draw one, C*unty can still equal our points total. We would have a GD of at least +30, meaning that C*unty would have to win all 9 of their games by 3 goals to stand a chance of pipping us.

Raith (H) - WIN

Morton (A) - WIN

QoTS (A) - WIN/DRAW (I would take the 3 points but if not i still would take a point from the game)

Pars (H) - WIN/DRAW (Like i said above)

Ayr (A) - WIN

Dundee (H) - Hopefully it wont have to come down to the last day of the season

The way our title rivals are imploding two wins and two draws may be enough.

The problem with analysing the table is all the games in hand. The fact that any of the top five think they are in with at least a mathematical chance, while Raith, Morton and Ayr are fighting to avoid the playoffs means that there aren't too many meaningless games between now and May, so there will be no easy points for anyone.

Mathematically, we still need to win alln 6 to guarantee it. Realistically, unless QoS or C*unty go on a tear, 4 should be enough, as long as we don't lose to Dundee.

Things will be a lot clearer by a week on Saturday.

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu

at the moment...should the teams in contention each picked up max point before the end of the season, their points haul would be such

ICT- 73 pts

Ross C*unty- 71pts

Dundee - 69 pts

Dunfermline - 64 pts

So...as it stands, we can basically afford to drop two points, yet rely on our superior goal difference to win us the league. that equates to 5 wins and a draw, im fairly confident we wont need to do that tho

at the moment...should the teams in contention each picked up max point before the end of the season, their points haul would be such

ICT- 73 pts

Ross C*unty- 71pts

Dundee - 69 pts

Dunfermline - 64 pts

So...as it stands, we can basically afford to drop two points, yet rely on our superior goal difference to win us the league. that equates to 5 wins and a draw, im fairly confident we wont need to do that tho

Your totals don't allow for the fact that we have to play both Dundee and Dunfermline, so at least 2 of the teams totals will be wrong. If we win both most they can get would be, Dundee 66 and Dunfermline 61 points

If we were to lose 1 and C*unty will all theirs, County win.

I've got brain ache, too many combinations , I just hope our great run continues and we take care of it ourselves without relying on others.

ICT- 73 pts

Ross C*unty- 71pts

Dundee - 69 pts

Dunfermline - 64 pts

Your totals don't allow for the fact that we have to play both Dundee and Dunfermline, so at least 2 of the teams totals will be wrong. If we win both most they can get would be, Dundee 66 and Dunfermline 61 points

If we were to lose 1 and C*unty will all theirs, County win.

I've got brain ache, too many combinations , I just hope our great run continues and we take care of it ourselves without relying on others.

I was just highlighting the potential max points haul for each team should they win all their remaining games. Its HIGHLY unlikely that ANY of the teams will achieve that points totals.

If we win 3 and lose 3 then we will have 64 points. To beat us the other teams will need the following:-

Dundee 14 points from 6 games

Dunfermline 16 points from 5 games (mathematically impossible!)

County 21 points from 9 games

Queens 22 points from 9 games.

Realistically those targets are tough and they would need to significantly improve current form to acheive that. I can't see any of them getting that many points because it is a competetive league.

Only a catastrophic collapse can stop us now.

ok so its now down to 5 games and its all the same at the top except Dunfermline are out of it.

I think we can afford two draws (QOS and Dunfermline) and a defeat to Dundee.

2 draws and a defeat in 5. Thats allowing for Dundee to draw one more match.