FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mowbray going to West Brom

tm4tj

Looks like Tony Mowbray will be off to WBA, compensation package already agreed, probably off before we play them. He did well at Hibs and seems like a decent honest bloke, good luck to him.

Heard Charlie Christie's name being mentioned...

non-starter !!

If I were to pick one from the 3 names I mentioned, I would pick Mixu - he has quietly been learning his trade and may feel ready for a step up. Being a former fan favourite at the club wont hurt him either.... wonder if McLeish's name will be mentioned as a possibility ?

Sorry to see Mowbray go as thats another 'decent' man who has left the SPL. Regardless of the teams they previously played for, I always regarded both Mowbray and Butcher as pretty honest gentlemen in comments they made after games or in the press.

Mixu Paatelainen was my hope as Brewster's replacement last year, not that I haven't been 100% behind Charlie since his appointment.

He is a man with international experience as well as experience at the top level in a numberof domestic leagues.  What he has acheived at Central Park with very limited resourses indeed shows that he has the seeds of coaching ability as well.

It will be a refreshing change to sit back and watch the merry go round spin for once without being too fearful that our own coaching team will become involved.

Guest Suspicious Mind

Gary McAllister as new Hibs boss as advised by that old favourite......"sources close to!"

Same guy told me Mowbray wouldn't leave mind.

Wish him good luck, seemed a decent bloke and played the game the right way.