FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Away

I am going to log off and book up the Travel Lodges fer this season - apart from the sojourns to the Govan Hilton - fer the remainder of the season.

I reckon the young boys of the Sesh Army now make ICT one of the BEST - if not the smallest - supports in Scotland. We have a rare repetoire of songs and more and more appear to be joining the choirboy list - just call me Father John !!

So join up fer the Caley Away club and here is one fer the Stattos - when was the last time we got beat away. I was at Dumbfarmlife just before Xmas and I reckon we have played 11 away league games, scored 25 and lost 4 - undefeated.

• Agree 3

I am going to log off and book up the Travel Lodges fer this season - apart from the sojourns to the Govan Hilton - fer the remainder of the season.

I reckon the young boys of the Sesh Army now make ICT one of the BEST - if not the smallest - supports in Scotland. We have a rare repetoire of songs and more and more appear to be joining the choirboy list - just call me Father John !!

So join up fer the Caley Away club and here is one fer the Stattos - when was the last time we got beat away. I was at Dumbfarmlife just before Xmas and I reckon we have played 11 away league games, scored 25 and lost 4 - undefeated.

We last lost away from home way back in November! They mentioned it on the radio yesterday

I am going to log off and book up the Travel Lodges ... fer the remainder of the season.

I reckon the young boys of the Sesh Army now make ICT one of the BEST - if not the smallest - supports in Scotland.

I've been trying to do much the same lately. Finding reasonably-priced accommodation for Hibs away on 11th September is proving impossible. I'm guessing it'll be the same scenario for Hearts away, 18th December. Gotta keep trying though. The away days just keep getting better and better...

good post, im loving how the away day banter has carried on since the 1st! You could see how much the support meant to the players and terry aswell. I honestly cant think of a better way to spend a saturday (or sunday etc) afternoon - it seems that an ever growing proportion of away go-ers share my view. I CANT WAIT FOR HIBS :bouncyblue:

good post, im loving how the away day banter has carried on since the 1st! You could see how much the support meant to the players and terry aswell. I honestly cant think of a better way to spend a saturday (or sunday etc) afternoon - it seems that an ever growing proportion of away go-ers share my view. I CANT WAIT FOR HIBS :bouncyblue:

Too right gona be great especially how we usually get something against thembiggrin.gif

Completely agree IHE, the away games are always superb and probably taken to a new level after that Ayr game. Was gutted to miss us thrashing United but there is no chance I'll be missing Hibs, especially if we manage to take points from Hamilton on Saturday as well.

It annoys me that atmosphere can't be recreated at TCS because I'd much rather my money went to the club but I don't have enough pennies about to waste on obligation so in future I'll be using what I have to enjoy my football on away days

the away games are always superb

Yes, but it helps enormously if we are playing well and winning.

For example, I don't recall any aspect of the 4-0 drubbing at Falkirk being superb, on or off the pitch. On days like that everyone just sits quietly and thinks "why the **** did I bother coming to see this p1sh?"

But I agree that the away days in recent times (ie under Butcher) have generally been excellent. May there be many more days like Sunday at Tannadice. :thumbup:

For example, I don't recall any aspect of the 4-0 drubbing at Falkirk being superb, on or off the pitch. On days like that everyone just sits quietly and thinks "why the **** did I bother coming to see this p1sh?"

But I agree that the away days in recent times (ie under Butcher) have generally been excellent. May there be many more days like Sunday at Tannadice. :thumbup:

What I remember about that trip is being in the beer garden of Behind the Wall beforehand and some dubious ex-Navy mate of Top Six Next Year's trying to fence some some stolen fish.

It's the little details that make away days so special.

That 4-0 game was a mare.

Although Ayr last season was amazing.

It's not all about the winning/scoreline though - consider th cup defeat by killie (Jimmy says aye to a killie pie!) - that was one of THE BEST away days I've ever had.

OH F**KIN YES!!

Was it that horrible Partick game the week after the Challenge Cup Final?

Yes. I have never been so cold in all may life as I was that day at Partick and we got beat and the fog was so thick in the 2nd half you couldnt see anything past the half way line! Seems like ages ago now

Yes, I remember it well also. It was so foggy late in the game that I had real worries that my return flight to London would be cancelled. However, it did eventually take off, a bit late as I remember. Who would have thought that 9 months later we'd be talking about that being our last away defeat in a competitive match?

Was that the game Rooney was denied a blatent penalty or when Black was sent off at half time, or both???

either way they both were probably more enjoyable than the majority of home games I've been to since we ereceted those stands. Even the last game of the season against Dundee I felt I was trying to enjoy myself and organised fun just doesn't seem err fun....

as I said , I'd prefer my money was going to our club but I think I'll be spending the majority of my cash on away games this season.

I don't recall any aspect of the 4-0 drubbing at Falkirk being superb, on or off the pitch.

Ahh, my first-ever away game with Caley Thistle. The day the love-affair intensified (perverse as that may be :sarcastic: )

The day I thought 'I must do this more often...' and since then I've hardly missed a game :ictscarf:

(The coldest ever: that godawful 0-0 at Dunfermline last December. My boy was almost in tears, he was so cold. Plus I nearly skited off the M8 several times on the journey back to Glasgow afterwards. Not happy days, not at all.)

Forgot about Dunfermline in Dec but at least there was the bridies to warm us up! However the journey home was horrendous and skidded just as I was about home. Still think I was colder in Glasgow however but a close thing.

What bridies? I stayed in my seat too long (trying to keep it warmish) and was first in the queue behind the Pars fan that got the last one.cry.gif

Forgot about Dunfermline in Dec but at least there was the bridies to warm us up! However the journey home was horrendous and skidded just as I was about home. Still think I was colder in Glasgow however but a close thing.

What bridies? I stayed in my seat too long (trying to keep it warmish) and was first in the queue behind the Pars fan that got the last one.cry.gif

Apologies, I had 2 bridies that afternoon. Went back for a third but they were sold out...

Even thinking about that match gives me shivers.