FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland Squad

Caley Stan

Goalkeepers:

Marshall (Cardiff), McGregor (Rangers), Gilks (Blackpool)

Defenders:

Hutton (Tottenham), Berra (Wolves), Broadfoot (Rangers), McManus (Middlesbrough), Weir (Rangers) McCulloch (Rangers), Wallace (Hearts), Webster (Rangers), Whittaker (Rangers), McNaughton (Cardiff)

Midfielders:

Adam (Blackpool), Brown (Celtic), Dorrans (West Brom), Fletcher (Man Utd), Morrison (West Brom), Robson (Middlesbrough), Hartley (Aberdeen)

Strikers:

Boyd (Middlesbrough),Fletcher (Wolves), Iwelumo (Burnley), McFadden (Birmingham), Miller (Rangers) Naismith (Rangers)

Notable absentees:

Maloney - good start to the season and a previous regular.

O'Conner - Fully fit and started the first Birmingham game. Levein type of player.

Dundee United players - All ditched.

Re-calls:

Davie Weir, Paul Hartley, Steven Naismith and 'Nervous Kev' McNaughton return to the fold.

From what I'm hearing of the attitude Hartley has brought into the Aberdeen dressing room, recalling him is a good idea - a great professional.

I'm very disappointed to see that Garry Kenneth is not being given the chance to build upon his promising start for Scotland...

Glad to see McNaughton back in the squad, seen him play for Cardiff this season and he was the best player on the park.

Good balance to the squad, defence looks the weakest but centre mid and attack looks alreet

Get Esson in instead of Dilks though, I'm all for scouting talent for wherever you can get it but we have plenty of Scottish keepers more than capable of deputising for McGregor & Gordon... we don't need to be drafting in England rejects.

Glad to see McNaughton back in the squad, seen him play for Cardiff this season and he was the best player on the park.

Good balance to the squad, defence looks the weakest but centre mid and attack looks alreet

Get Esson in instead of Dilks though, I'm all for scouting talent for wherever you can get it but we have plenty of Scottish keepers more than capable of deputising for McGregor & Gordon... we don't need to be drafting in England rejects.

Agree Harry.

Absolute joke that Levein has overlooked Esson, Bell and Alexander. Scouting talent and working the system is one thing but surely the objective should be to bring in talent that is better than we already have?

Good to see David Weir back in the squad. Must be a bit galling for Garry Kenneth to be pumped out of the squad for someone old enough to be his father though.

I'd say Munro or even Tokely would have been a better choice than David Weir.

What has Chris Burke got to do to get selected??

Seen him 4 times for Cardiff, on visits home, since the NY and he's been outstanding every time. By all accounts he's started this season in similar fashion.

He is effectively in International retirement, he spends international weekends off with his child from another partner who stay in Glasgow, read this in a paper about a year ago now

Disappointed to see McGregor in there after his antics at the weekend. Simulation should not be tolerated in any circumstance and by picking him so soon after, Levein is effectively condoning this type of behaviour. He should have told him he wants him in the squad but will not pick him until he can demonstrate he can behave in a more professional manner.

Looks fine, I just hope the right team goes out...

Think i'll try and pick one to distract me from a woeful night for Scottish teams in Europe:

---------------------McGregor------------------

Whittaker--------Weir------Berra---------Wallace

---------------------Hartley-------------------

Robson----------Brown-----Fletcher-------McFadden

---------------------Miller--------------------

Back 4 still looks dodgy but what can you do. McManus? Other contenders for the midfield include McCulloch for the holding role, Morrison on the right side and Dorrans through the middle. They are all good options. Alan Hutton, Steven Fletcher and Kevin McNaughton won't be flying to Kaunus due to injurues and are in the squad for Liechtenstein game only.

Good to see David Weir back in the squad. Must be a bit galling for Garry Kenneth to be pumped out of the squad for someone old enough to be his father though.

I'd say Munro or even Tokely would have been a better choice than David Weir.

:rotflmao:

dont see anything funny about that. i have watched wier loads of times and in every one he was torn to shreds

weir professionalism will definatly help id still like to see danny wilson in the squador even starting alongside weir very cool head and they seemed to work well together last year lets just hope weir doesnt get stranded up front going up for corners

Guest Mahonio

Goalkeepers:

Marshall (Cardiff), McGregor (Rangers), Gilks (Blackpool)

Defenders:

Hutton (Tottenham), Berra (Wolves), Broadfoot (Rangers), McManus (Middlesbrough), Weir (Rangers) McCulloch (Rangers), Wallace (Hearts), Webster (Rangers), Whittaker (Rangers), McNaughton (Cardiff)

Midfielders:

Adam (Blackpool), Brown (Celtic), Dorrans (West Brom), Fletcher (Man Utd), Morrison (West Brom), Robson (Middlesbrough), Hartley (Aberdeen)

Strikers:

Boyd (Middlesbrough),Fletcher (Wolves), Iwelumo (Burnley), McFadden (Birmingham), Miller (Rangers) Naismith (Rangers)

Notable absentees:

Maloney - good start to the season and a previous regular.

O'Conner - Fully fit and started the first Birmingham game. Levein type of player.

Dundee United players - All ditched.

Re-calls:

Davie Weir, Paul Hartley, Steven Naismith and 'Nervous Kev' McNaughton return to the fold.

I am a bit shocked that McCormack isn't in there either because he played well against Japan and Wales despite the results.

I am a bit shocked that McCormack isn't in there either because he played well against Japan and Wales despite the results.

It's probably because he hasn't really being playing for Cardiff recently after a reported argument with Dave Jones. I thought he looked decent for Scotland too. He's just joined Leeds, I think, so maybe if he does well there he'll get a recall.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Think i'll try and pick one to distract me from a woeful night for Scottish teams in Europe:

Aye I'd go with that.

Aye I'd go with that.

Nah, I'd have macmanus instead of Berra

The left-back situation is interesting. Wallace and McNaughton were the only players in the original squad who play in that position for their clubs and with both injured i expected Levein to call up someone else. I assume he'll move Whittaker over there now that Hutton is fit but i have also heard alarming suggestions that Broadfoot could play there. The obvious concern with Hutton and Whittaker as the two full-backs is that they both lack basic defensive qualities which puts even more pressure on our already struggling centre halfs. Names that cropped up in the pub last night as potential replacements include Stephen Crainey, Callum Davidson and Gary Naysmith.

Names that cropped up in the pub last night as potential replacements include Stephen Crainey, Callum Davidson and Gary Naysmith.

.....and one that didn't was Jay McEveley. Signed for Barnsley in the summer after a few years at Derby. Thrice capped for Scotland over the past three years. Highlights just how problematic the left-back position is for Scotland.

O'Connor drafted in as a replacement for Iwelumo. Good move.