FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland Squad

Caley Stan

Team announced as:

McGregor

Hutton Weir McManus Whittaker

Robson McCulloch Fletcher Brown Naismith

Miller

Not actually sure how that midfield will line up and whether Naismith will sometimes play as an auxiliary striker. Would have preferred to see McFadden in there.

Only pleasing if you don't want a Scotland win. Robson did nothing last time out to retain his place, yet, when Dorrans got his chance, he did well. Naismith is also far from the player he should have been. Therefore, Dorrans in midfield, with McFadden just behind the front man for me. Otherwise, a fairly strong side...

...well, as strong as Scotland gets these days!

Team announced as:

McGregor

Hutton Weir McManus Whittaker

Robson McCulloch Fletcher Brown Naismith

Miller

Not actually sure how that midfield will line up and whether Naismith will sometimes play as an auxiliary striker. Would have preferred to see McFadden in there.

The BBC Website has it down as a 4-1-4-1 Lee McCulloch playing the holding role.

I would have preferred to see McFadden on from the start too.

I think Scotland will get gubbed tonight, and Levein's role as manager will end in tears before the end of this campaign - I'm not blaming him - he's just not got anything special to work with.

If I learned anything from last Saturday's fiasco with Hamilton, it was that I'd never, ever bet money on a football match again - so I've stuck a tenner on Lithuania, in the hope of getting some of that money back.

:sad:

I would have preferred to see McFadden on from the start too.

I think Scotland will get gubbed tonight, and Levein's role as manager will end in tears before the end of this campaign - I'm not blaming him - he's just not got anything special to work with.

If I learned anything from last Saturday's fiasco with Hamilton, it was that I'd never, ever bet money on a football match again - so I've stuck a tenner on Lithuania, in the hope of getting some of that money back.

:sad:

im in the same boat, thought i was onto a winner last weekend with our game. Even had a few coupons depending on it. Could Lithuania recoup some losses for me :ponder:

Much better looking line-up for Scotland tonight.

Surely enough firepower there to break down an eleven man defence and score a few goals. (although I'm not betting on it)

Scotland: Allan McGregor, Alan Hutton, David Weir, Stephen McManus, Lee Wallace, Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher, Lee McCulloch, James McFadden, Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd.

• Agree 1

Surely enough firepower there to break down an eleven man defence and score a few goals. (although I'm not betting on it)

Scotland: Allan McGregor, Alan Hutton, David Weir, Stephen McManus, Lee Wallace, Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher, Lee McCulloch, James McFadden, Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd.

Feel a lot more excited by that line up than I did on Friday. As much as I like the boy, I'm glad Robson isn't starting tonight. So many free-kicks we had first half which were wasted by him, and his delivery was awful.

Mon the Scotland!

• Agree 1

good to see boyd on again but robson deserves another game on the right was one of the best players on the park on friday

Edited by lukemackay

I don't think it's balanced enough in midfield. Presumably, it's McCulloch as def mid and Fletcher/Brown in central mid, then McFadden as the point of the diamond? I'd drop Brown for Dorrans (or Robson) to attack down the wings and get some service into Miller/Boyd.

We should still win it but it's going to be tougher to get the goals with the system Levein's chosen.

Well done to the Under 21s for their last minute win against Austria earlier. This means they have won their qualifying group. Rather harshly that just puts them through to a 2 leg play off rather than automatic qualification for next summers finals in Denmark.

One of the most memorable finished to a match I've attended was in similar circumstances a few years ago. The U21s needed a win to reach the play offs. They were 0-2 down to Lithuania with 10 minutes to go before going all out attack, Steven Hughes getting an injury time winner.

McManus scores!

But is this good or bad? I say that, as it is papering over the cracks. The results in Europe, plus this shows we need a root and branch clearout approach. Fluking a couple of goals, playing anti-football benefits no-one.

It's not "the rot stops here", more "the rot begins to stop here - call back in 5-10 years time", instead we'll get more hoof ball football, plus over the hill and average players being relied upon.

• Agree 1