FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Roy McBain Testimonial Game

L_G

Just when you thought you weren't going to see our local derby game this season.

The game will be played in Inverness as a testimonial game for Roy McBain.

More details to follow, but it's likely ticket prices will be ?10 and ?5 with some good hospitality offers.

Really hope this game will be played on a weekend. I can't make midweek games. Roy is a superb player and a great servant to the club. He deserves a testimonial match and I hope I can see it.

It won't be played on a weekend as we have no free weekends!

It's a Tuesday night, probably 7.30pm kick off.

There will be a good deal on hospitality. I expect it to be around the ?30 mark, with a hot buffet, pies etc at half time and a pay bar pre and post match. More details to follow but if you think you would be interested drop me a PM and I'll let you know the finer details once everything is confirmed.

Also opportunities for sponsorship, Match sponsor, Man of the Match Sponsor etc etc etc. Same again PM me if you or anyone you know might be interested in finding out more.

Should be a great night with one or two older faces making an appearance.

Really hope this game will be played on a weekend. I can't make midweek games. Roy is a superb player and a great servant to the club. He deserves a testimonial match and I hope I can see it.

Roy has been a legend for us and still one of the most popular players at the club. I can't make midweek games either, could it not have been played on an International weekend towards end of season (i.e. when Scotland aren't playing) so as many fans as possible could make it? Can't see the attendance being too great with it being midweek... which is a shame cos if there is one player who deserves a big turn out it is him.

Of course it would be great to play it on a Saturday, but we need to play the game to suit both clubs and this is the only possible date available that suits everyone. We'll just have to make the most of it.

For those who can't make it, but would like to show your support, you could always still buy a ticket or make a donation to the testimonial fund.

I hope with it being the only planned fixture between us and County this season that we will get a reasonable crowd, but obviously we won't have as many as we might get on a Saturday.

Guest Mahonio

Roy has been a legend for us and still one of the most popular players at the club. I can't make midweek games either, could it not have been played on an International weekend towards end of season (i.e. when Scotland aren't playing) so as many fans as possible could make it? Can't see the attendance being too great with it being midweek... which is a shame cos if there is one player who deserves a big turn out it is him.

One slight problem with this Bridge_Ender, County play on International weekends only SPL is off, Divs 1-3 still have to play.

Edited by Mahonio

One slight problem with this Bridge_Ender, County play on International weekends only SPL is off, Divs 1-3 still have to play.

One slight problem with your post Mahonio , its wrong .

There are certainly plenty of connections between the 2 clubs, and the line up for either side could be:

Manager : John Robertson

Ass Man: Craig Brewster

Line up

Nicky Walker

Stuart Golabek

Steven Watt

Richard Hastings

Lionel Djebi-Zadi

Barry Wilson

Don Cowie

John Rankin

Roy McBain

Stevie Hislop

Graham Bayne

Subs

Les Fridge

Paul Bradshaw

Iain Vigurs

Mark McCulloch

Alan Morgan

Gary McSwegan

Garry Wood

Useless waste of money

Andrew Barrowman

Edited by Yngwie
How could I forget Les Fridge!

There are certainly plenty of connections between the 2 clubs, and the line up for either side could be:

Manager : John Robertson

Ass Man: Craig Brewster

Line up

Nicky Walker

Stuart Golabek

Steven Watt

Richard Hastings

Lionel Djebi-Zadi

Barry Wilson

Don Cowie

John Rankin

Roy McBain

Stevie Hislop

Graham Bayne

Subs

Les Fridge

Paul Bradshaw

Iain Vigurs

Mark McCulloch

Alan Morgan

Gary McSwegan

Garry Wood

Useless waste of money

Andrew Barrowman

Not a bad team at all actually

He is a good player and I wish he would get a few more games. Even just as a sub. I have just been talking to someone who disagrees with this :thumbdown: