FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mark McGhee has left the building

old caley girl

I'd be suprised if Butcher ended up in this job, although Richard Gordon, as an Aberdeen supporter, is understandably pushing the idea pretty enthusiastically. Milne will have to fork out a lot to pay McGhee off and he'd surely have to offer TB a pretty good incentive both in terms of wages and transfer budget to persuade him to join. Also, would Terry really want to exchange the stability and potential in Inverness for a club that has been such a graveyard for managers over the past 20 years, and where morale is obviously awful and the squad so poor? It's a bigger club, sure, and as he showed by coming to us, Terry isn't afraid of a challenge, but he seems genuinely happy with us and if he is really ambitious for a move to a bigger club then surely continued success with ICT would put him in the shop window for a much more attractive move than this one.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Terry has 2 years left, theres no way he would leave ICT anyway unless it was Rangers.

Exactly. Rangers are the only Scottish club he'd leave for, though I do think he would be tempted by a Championship-ish level side. Ipswich being unquestionably the main one.

Having met and spoken to him,Terry is a smart and loyal guy and I think he knows that going to Aberdeen is pretty much a middle finger to the caley fans and he is not like that. Terry and Maurice and the lads have something good going right now. Every Caley player has the right to put the shirt on and they play with heart. I am sure Terry will go on to better things down the line, hopefully to a good Championship/Premier league club. But he knows Aberdeen would be a bad move, look at all the failures over the last 20 years and look at the trash there is playing on the park, the majority dont even deserve to put the dons shirt on. Aberdeen needs a proper clear out of its players and to start again.

Edited by Ally

Terry has more sense than to go to Aberdeen.

He would have no money, a miserable fan base and unrealistic expectations.

Tbh i think Aberdeen are need of being relegated, as much as it hurt me to see us go down it was the kick up the backside we needed to get our act together and i think the Dons are in need of similar treatment.

John Hughes to get the job imo.

• Agree 1