FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland v Brazil

TopSix

How many guys off here are going?

I love a good scotland game. Cant beat it for atmosphere etc. Plus my best mate is a huge football fan, but doesnt really have a main team so goes to every Scotland match....i saw no reason not to chum him down.

Cant wait!

• Agree 2

Got the train tix booked. Tickets for the match are on sale tomorrow for o2 priority holders. 10 am !

I thought SSC would be priority. I'm definitely going.

I booked through Arsenal.com today. Tickets range from ?35 to ?50 which is pretty standard prices for the Emirates. You should have texted me bud. I could have bought up to 12! Sesh pre-match?

• 4 weeks later...

Just got home to sunny Berkshire after a good day out at the Emirates with my son and two grandchildren (14 &12). This was my first trip to Arsenal's new ground and I was really impressed. Comfortable seating, a great view and easy access to/ from the ground.

As to the game itself, Scotland were well outclassed and Brazil could have/should have scored a hatful. I was disappointed that Cowie didn't get on until injury time. Bannon looked good when he came on, and there was some good defending at times, especially McGregor with two or three great saves. We had no real attacks of note.

It was nice to be in a big crowd, completely unsegregated, and we didn't see a hint of trouble inside or outside the ground. The stewards we saw were friendly and efficient.

Only downer was the cost. There were no concessions for seniors or children at this match, and I reckon I don't have much change out of ?300, when travel, eats and drinks are included. Too much in my view for a football match ( I don't know how families can afford it week in week out), but nevertheless a good experience, especially for the youngsters.

I thought Scotland were an embarrassment. We have gone backwards at an alarming rate and are nobodies in world football.

The Brazilian that scored the goals looked a top player.

• Agree 1

I thought Scotland were an embarrassment. We have gone backwards at an alarming rate and are nobodies in world football.

The Brazilian that scored the goals looked a top player.

What a load of nonsense.

We've played Brazil a total of 10 times, never beaten them and have only ever scored 3 goals against them (one being a penalty) What did you expect to happen today? From what i seen was exactly how we approach matches against the Old Firm and i don't think ICT are an embarrasing team to watch.

Scotland were ranked 13th in the world back in 2008 and In my opinion haven't played that badly in the big games since then. We did afterall come back from 2 nil down against Spain who are the European and World Champions and although we ended up losing the match for a country the size of ours that is not bad at all.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY
  • Agree 2