FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rangers go into administration

KingBeastie

From BBC:

"after hearing the message from Rangers supporters and fans loud and clear ("Yank go home!"), I notified the administrators today that I have withdrawn my bid for Rangers"

Some ignorant Rangers fans may have brought about their club's liquidation!

Interesting that this outcome from Miller was exactly what was being predicted on Saturday by those in the know. This is going to have a few more twists before it's over. Who knows maybe a merger next.... :wink:

Let's say Rangers are actually out who would replace them Dundee promoted or Dunfermline stay up?? Makes a difference if you had a vote. One season in the league below just like Juve would be a good comprmise for all (SPL, Scottish football and Fans). They would be back up in a season so TV deal would only be in doubt for one season if that proves to be an issue.

Interesting that this outcome from Miller was exactly what was being predicted on Saturday by those in the know. This is going to have a few more twists before it's over. Who knows maybe a merger next.... :wink:

Let's say Rangers are actually out who would replace them Dundee promoted or Dunfermline stay up?? Makes a difference if you had a vote. One season in the league below just like Juve would be a good comprmise for all (SPL, Scottish football and Fans). They would be back up in a season so TV deal would only be in doubt for one season if that proves to be an issue.

If Rangers are liquidated then they would no longer be the same company/team....why should they be allowed to bypass any of the divisions or even be guaranteed as a shoe-in for re-entry to the SFL/SPL at all?

UEFA has something called the "11 Values" - http://www.uefa.com/...lues/index.html

Value #1 - Football First

In everything that we do, football must always be the first and most important element that we take into consideration. Football is a game before being a product, a sport before being a market, a show before being a business.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Rules on who would take their place seem to be a little vague, but my understanding is that if Rangers are Liquidated before the end of the season the Dunfermline stay. If it's after the end of the season then Dundee would come up.....expect more legal wrangles either way though.

I so wish they'd just lay down and die.

As for who takes their place......nows the time for Falkirk, Dundee, Hamilton and Livingston.......oops we need a fifth....Partick to come into the new league.......basically SPL GTF. Scottish Leagues thrive and Doncaster can kiss my proverbial.

nicked from P&B

Liam McLeod ‏ @BBCLiamMcLeod

Former #Rangers captain and current #Inverness boss Terry Butcher says it would be a "disaster" if his old team were not in SPL next season

Deary me Terry, this really is a season to forget; both on and off the pitch.

Condoning cheating now? What ever next....

How to infuriate fans and alienate people

Not really surprised he's spouting that sort of drivel TBH. To my eyes it seems he's more of a Rangers man than a Caley Thistle man. Disappointing that a manager of ICT is pandering to 'ra peepul' but I suppose he's just looking after his own interests.

The cringe inducing love-in with Mr McCoist before the 1-4 match was a low point, this is lower.

If I was Terry I'd concentrate less on maintaining his rangers legend status and more on doing a better job for his current employers. This coming season is going to be very feckin important to ICT, we could have a great season finishing above county (a must) and maybe a decent cup run and league position... but if this fella doesn't get it right we could get relegated.

Get yer eye on the ball TB, Rangers are finished and you're at a club with great potential - sort it out min.

Not really surprised he's spouting that sort of drivel TBH. To my eyes it seems he's more of a Rangers man than a Caley Thistle man. Disappointing that a manager of ICT is pandering to 'ra peepul' but I suppose he's just looking after his own interests.

The cringe inducing love-in with Mr McCoist before the 1-4 match was a low point, this is lower.

If I was Terry I'd concentrate less on maintaining his rangers legend status and more on doing a better job for his current employers. This coming season is going to be very feckin important to ICT, we could have a great season finishing above county (a must) and maybe a decent cup run and league position... but if this fella doesn't get it right we could get relegated.

Get yer eye on the ball TB, Rangers are finished and you're at a club with great potential - sort it out min.

Butcher stated a clear fact in the interview that without the money generated from the old firm (and he did mentioned Celtic as will as Rangers in the interview) the club will have to cut its cloth accordingly.

As can be seen from responses to a thread started by Caley D there is little appetite from supporters for replacing the money which the club will lose from Rangers being in the league.

Whilst not trying to be an apologist for Butcher, there is nothing in the interview which can be construed as being anything other than stating the bloody obvious :slapme:

• Agree 2

I agree with the whole cutting of cloth thing, it's true that it's 'bloody obvious' that would have to be done to a certain extent should Rangers suffer relegation or extinction. I think however that it would be more of a 'disaster' for Scottish football as a whole if a club is allowed to retain its place in the top flight despite being caught ... ahem red handed riding roughshod over rules, laws and moral obligations for years - just cos they bring some money into the league. Caley Thistle adjusted their finaces accordingly when we dropped a division to a place with no Rangers, Celtic, Sky or ESPN. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather not sell my soul for a shiny dollar.

• Agree 1