FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

squeeky bum time

bishbashbosh

with jim jefferies taking the dunfermline job and the lift that can sometimes give a team, should we be getting worried.

dunfermline play st mirren next i believe and they like us are firing blanks and have a scottish cup replay midweek against hearts, they could be jefferies first 3 points.

we dont look like scoring, winning games at present, highlighted by the fact we have only scored 5 league goals in 2012. where is our next win coming from ??.

with county on the way up it would be a disater if we headed the other way.

as usual my cup is half empty but what i have been watching at home ,(minus the excellent performance against hearts---why dont we play like that more often) , and the 2 games at east end park, does not fill me with confidence for the rest of season

This has been a crap season but my cup is half full rather than half empty. Personally think that Dunfermline have left it far too late to appoint a new manager and they have an awful goal difference Also the new boss thing hasnt happened for Hibs has it despite changing their team. We have better players imo and also hopefully some of our long term injuries will start to come back into contention. . We could be draggged in to the relegation battle but I dont think that is going to happen.

Edited by old caley girl

The bottom 5 teams have only mustered 1 win between them in their last 5 league games - that's 25 opportunities, 1 taken. On that form they all derseve to be relegated.

The Pars can't possibly be as bad as they had been under JM, especially at home. St Mirren have no wins in their last 10 league games and are there for the taking.

ICT aren't much better with no wins in 6 and some very worrying performances along the way.

with jim jefferies taking the dunfermline job and the lift that can sometimes give a team, should we be getting worried.

dunfermline play st mirren next i believe and they like us are firing blanks and have a scottish cup replay midweek against hearts, they could be jefferies first 3 points.

we dont look like scoring, winning games at present, highlighted by the fact we have only scored 5 league goals in 2012. where is our next win coming from ??.

with county on the way up it would be a disater if we headed the other way.

as usual my cup is half empty but what i have been watching at home ,(minus the excellent performance against hearts---why dont we play like that more often) , and the 2 games at east end park, does not fill me with confidence for the rest of season

To be fair we do look like scoring. We made Cammy Bell work hard for his money. We just aint getting the ball in the net. Personally I'm confident we'll stay up. Looking at the remaining fixtures and records between the various teams I think Dunfermline have a harder run in than us but on saying that Hibs could be the ones who have the toughest run in to the split. All depends, after that, on how much gap still has to be made up but I feel we will have enough gap. I also feel that if we can make use of our game in hand we will be twelve clear of the bottom at the split.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

In the year we were relegated Terry kept saying we are almost safe but that never came. We have recognised that top 6 is impossible so hopefully we start grafting for points to get away from Dunfermline even if they beat St Mirren. To me talking about top 6 all season has been a monkey on our backs adding too injuries and the need to blend loannees and new players. We will hopefully survive and start next season more realistically and seek to emerge from the shadow of our neighbours.

This isn't the season we went down though, and we have been grafting. As Alex said, we could and should be scoring more, that's all. Don't mean to be picky, but since when were we in "the shadow of our neighbours"? We are a league above them, staying there and can only improve next year. They, I shouldn't need to remind any ICT fan, have never been there. Fill yer cup up a bit man!

• Agree 1

I'm a big fan of JJ. If he had a transfer window to wheel and deal in, then maybe he could have done more. As it is, the Pars would be best letting JJ have a 5-year plan to completely remake a sustainable club. There's no point the club going short-term, if they don't catch Hibs.

• Agree 1

If we can take 9 points from the next 9 games (33%), which the team is more than capable of, then it would leave Dunfermline needing 19 from a possible 24 to better us. This would be a remarkable but highly unlikely achievement - even with JJ in charge. So on that basis I fully expect us to be in the SPL next season.

I do think Dunfermline will win on Saturday but don't see them challenging to come of the foot of the table, a team will always get a boost from a new manager coming in, it's only natural that they'd want to make an impression and try that little bit harder however they just don't have the spine of a team that they require to drag them up.

If you look at all the teams in the bottom six too many of them are going through bad runs and I just don't see any of them going on a prolonged run of wins to drag them up from the positions they are in. Even if after the split we are in the same position I just don't see both Hibs and Dunfermline putting together enough wins together to bring them up the league, if anything we'll all take points from each other and the positions won't alter that much.

There's more chance of St Mirren being dragged down below us than Dunfermline making it above us in my opinion.

• Agree 1

I'm a big fan of JJ. If he had a transfer window to wheel and deal in, then maybe he could have done more. As it is, the Pars would be best letting JJ have a 5-year plan to completely remake a sustainable club. There's no point the club going short-term, if they don't catch Hibs.

JJ and Burley did great things at Hearts before leaving but thats Hearts, even with a few years to build he is still going to have problems luring decent players to Dunfermline.

I think the statistics speak for themselves with the 5 goals in 2012, we can see where the problems lie. Was always going to be an issueafter loosing Rooney, and with Hayes out injured for much of the season - while some may say we tested Cammy Bell in the game against Kille, I'd argue that although he had a few shots to save - we never really looked like scoring - yes we got one but we never looked convincing infront of goal - think Foran through he just didnt look confident proved by his poor shot.

Hibs can score goals - in O'Connor and Griffiths they have players with better scoring ability than our squad has we need to hope they cant find that before the season ends.

Dunfermilne have perhaps left it too late, but if they do get the new manager lift with 3pts this wknd then they may start to believe and put a run together.

I'm slightly worried that come the split we will be having to play those below us in Hibs & Dunf and they could put together a few results and be confident whereas we will still be plodding along with inconsistency. We need better performances starting at Pittodire - 3 points there and if Dunf fail to win then I'd be a lot more confident about safety.

Scoring goals needs addressed if we stay up and strengthening of the back line.

Hibs are the ones who should be worrying, not us. With the news about Leigh Griffths regards to fighting with everyone doesn't exactly tell me they're a team full of winners. Hibs have an in-form Dundee United calling at Easter Road on Saturday. If Jefferies was to do a job and save Dunfermline, They will only reach 11th as it's more realistic.

Let's say the split is pretty much decided now. Is my calculation of the games we face post-split correct?

Killie (A), Aberdeen (H), St Mirren (A), Hibs (A), Dunf (H)

There's been no consistency or 'form' this season so we're as likely to take zero or 15 from that lot...

Yes, squeaking a bit here!

Let's say the split is pretty much decided now. Is my calculation of the games we face post-split correct?

Killie (A), Aberdeen (H), St Mirren (A), Hibs (A), Dunf (H)

There's been no consistency or 'form' this season so we're as likely to take zero or 15 from that lot...

Yes, squeaking a bit here!

Before the split we have:

Aberdeen (A)

St Johnstone (H)

Hibs (H)

St Johnstone (A)

I believe we'll take enough from these games to ensure that post split wont matter, though I believe we will take points post split as well. If there's unrest at Hibs then they're going to struggle. I dont see Jefferies making any difference with what he's got to play with. Aberdeen and St Mirren are both faltering just now. Trust me its all rosie wanderer.

I cant blame folks for looking over their shoulders at Dunfermline but i do agree that is perhaps a little to late for them. They have a terrible playing squad and i agree that even if they were to get off the bottom the furthest they will reach is 11th, i cant wait for the Hibs game on the 1st. If we win that one then that one could see us safe me thinks.

If we can win our game on saturday and the pars lose. Then we will be 12 points clear with still a game in hand. Thats a very nice cushion so i dont think its squeeky bum time yet. If we were to lose our next 2 and the pars win there next 2, then its squeeky bum time

We are a lot deeper in the relegation fight than people seem to think. There was a similar 'we'll be fine' attitude last time we went down. We need to get points asap.

I imagine Dunfermline will beat St. Mirren at home on sat and we don't really have a great record in Aberdeen. So we could easily be looking at a 6 point gap which is nothing given that we play Dunfermline again who, remember, we havn't beaten in the league this season! If they get a new manager bounce they could have that gap gone in no time.