ictchris

How will we line up against HIbs?

I think it'll be something like this

---------------------------Esson---------------------------

---Raven----Meekings-----Warren----Blackman---

--------------Draper----------Foran---------------------

----Doran--------ShinnieA---------ShinnieG--------

--------------------------McKay--------------------------

Foran dropping into midfield is a bit of a no-brainer. He looked good when he played a bit deeper following Jones' red card on Saturday and is the most experienced option. McKay should come in to play up front. This will mean a change of style for us. Foran up front thrives on early direct balls for him to flick on, whereas McKay is more suited to making runs into channels. The best I've seen us play this season was the first 30 minutes against Kilmarnock when we pushed up and got Shinnie, Doran and McKay on the ball in dangerous areas, hopefully we can do thsi again. I would like to see Draper and Foran stepping forward to use the ball with Andy Shinnie, with Doran, Shinnie G and McKay make runs around the box, Foran will bring a lot more drive to the midfield than Jones being an attacking player.

If King is fit I'd start him alongside Warren and put Meekings to right back, Raven dropping out.

• Agree 1

I'd keep the same team as Saturday, Give pepper a chance in centre mid in place of jones, very different players but he will give us a decent engine in the middle. (centre mids his preferred position apparently)

I've not heard anything on Shane so if he's fit I'd have him up front and foran in midfeild where otj would've been.

Edited by lukemackay

I'd go for -

Esson

Meekings Warren Foran Blackman

Draper A.Shinnie Pepper

Doran Oswell McKay

Subs - Reguero, Raven, G.Shinnie, Morrison, Roberts, Brislen-Hall, Polworth

If Sutherland is fit, then have him starting down the middle with Oswell dropping to the bench.

I'd go for -

Esson

Meekings Warren Foran Blackman

Draper A.Shinnie Pepper

Doran Oswell McKay

Subs - Reguero, Raven, G.Shinnie, Morrison, Roberts, Brislen-Hall, Polworth

If Sutherland is fit, then have him starting down the middle with Oswell dropping to the bench.

Would be happy to see that team but in a 4-4-2 line up with Doran, Draper, Shinnie, Pepper in midfield with Oswell and McKay up front

Chances of ever seeing us going with that are slim to none unfortunately

Anyone know when King is due back?

If King is fit i want him back in the team. Id go with...

Esson

Meekings, Warren, King, Blackman

Draper, Morrison

Doran, A Shinnie, G Shinnie

Foran

Subs: Reguero, Raven, Brislen-Hall, Pepper, Whyte, Oswell, McKay

i have watched the u20's against sj and this week dundee.

terry's dilema, none of the players on show are ready for the first team.

oswell struggled against young centre backs, won a couple of headers, looks slow, poor touch. against experienced men oh dear.

pepper didn't get past the dundee left back for the time i was there. all of first half and half of second.

problem is our bench this week and more due to injury/suspension will be full of these young boys.

scary times ahead i'm afraid.

i go with whatever tel puts out.

i have watched the u20's against sj and this week dundee.

terry's dilema, none of the players on show are ready for the first team.

oswell struggled against young centre backs, won a couple of headers, looks slow, poor touch. against experienced men oh dear.

pepper didn't get past the dundee left back for the time i was there. all of first half and half of second.

problem is our bench this week and more due to injury/suspension will be full of these young boys.

scary times ahead i'm afraid.

i go with whatever tel puts out.

But that's the point in this u20s league. To get these players ready for the first team. In all honesty I think oswell and pepper were investments more than instant inpact signings. What I've seem of oswell he can get into goalscoring positions but his all round game needs improved.

King out for 2 months according to todays Press and Journal. Needs an ankle operation, surprisingly enough its not on the ankle thats currently injured. Its his other one (which has been injured in the past). The op sounds like a wash out procedure to get rid of chipped bone fragments

Not good news at all. We really need Hogg back asap. We're up the creek if anything happens to Warren or Meekings. Anyone know if Brisden Hall can play centre half? Might be a bit on the small side to deal with high balls

Agreed. He never looked that useful when he was at Dundee despite his promise although that was because he was often played as some kind of left side forward. Definitely a boost for us and our porous defence that he is out of the game.