FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

U20's v Falkirk - Monday 18th Feb @ 1pm

CaleyD

The match between Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC and Falkirk Under 20s at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium has been changed to Monday 18th February with a 1pm Kick-Off.

Spectators are welcome and (free) entry is via the gate at the South East corner (between the main stand and south stand).

Just home from watching this game. Lovely bit of weather for the game which was an added bonus. 

We started the game very brightly and attacked at Falkirk's defence. Falkirk conceeded the first corner and then Shane Sutherland got a head to it to make it 1-0. After the first goal and then the game died down a bit and both teams were attacking at each other. Falkirk finally found a break through with a tremendous strike from outside the box to equalise for the away side. Currently we are in a battle of who is the better keeper but no way would Ryan Esson or Scott Mathieson catch that ball. Like the first goal, the game died down after that goal and it was half time. 

After half time, we restarted the game brightly and kept attacking at them. As time went on the game became even and you didn't know who was going to win the game. Unfortunately, Antonio Regeuro miss kicked the ball and it went to the Falkirk attacker and it was 2-1. We never really seem to get back into it after that goal. One thing I thought was really strange is we conceeded a in-direct free kick from a pass back pick up situation. Don't know what happened there. 

On a sour note, Connor Pepper and a Falkirk defender went to head the ball at the same time near the end off FT and Connor came off worse in the situation. You could see staff quickly running to aid Connor and you knew it was a bad one. Connor was then taken off and as we used 3 subs, we finished the game with 10 men. 

All in all a good performance from the youngsters. They were more attacking than Falkirk were and I felt we should of got more out of the game. 

My man of the match would go to Matthew Cooper. Him and Daniel Devine were very composed at the centre defence. Jordon Gibbons, when he signed I thought he was a winger but today he played in centre mid and put in a good shift. There was a young lad who played at left back was Number 3 and I thought he played really well. 

First Team Players involved today: Shane Sutherland, Antonio Reguero, Daniel Devine, Connor Pepper, Jordon Gibbons, Charlie Taylor, Matthew Cooper and Liam Polworth.

Edited by ICTRoughi
  • Agree 3

Unfortunately, Antonio Regeuro miss kicked the ball and it went to the Falkirk attacker and it was 2-1.
  Esson'll be keeping the jersey then.  :sad:
Terry Butcher was in attendance today and did see that. I personally believe Ryan Esson will be keeper at Tynecastle.

Well, not a bad thing per se, as I've always thought of Esson as a good keeper for us.

But for some inexplicable reason (unless someone can explic it for me) all 9 of our wins this season have come with Toni in goals whilst we just can't win a game with Esson in goals. None from 11 now. Coincidence?

Well, not a bad thing per se, as I've always thought of Esson as a good keeper for us. But for some inexplicable reason (unless someone can explic it for me) all 9 of our wins this season have come with Toni in goals whilst we just can't win a game with Esson in goals. None from 11 now. Coincidence?
Personally think Toni has had his confidence knocked from the semi final and being dropped but I reserve judgement because last Monday was first game Toni played since St Mirren away.