FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The "Signed Up For Next Season" Thread

Renegade

Becos education is important. Anyway three England based signings prior to the start of pre season training and it may not be far away from my earlier predictions. We could be the first SPL side by miles to have its squad together and that is a major improvement and shows that lessons have been learned.

Becos education is important. Anyway three England based signings prior to the start of pre season training and it may not be far away from my earlier predictions. We could be the first SPL side by miles to have its squad together and that is a major improvement and shows that lessons have been learned.

Best oxymoron i've seen in a ages!! :lol:

I agree with you that we appear to learned from recent seasons that its better to get sorted sooner rather than later. Clearly a lot of teams will be very busy in the transfer market in the coming weeks so it will be interesting to see how teams start the season. Motherwell will be one to keep a close eye on, they've lost a lot of quality recently

Can't believe that Humphrey has chosen PNE but that shows you the difference in wage systems. It is also highly likely given the managerial merry-go-round that we could also be one of the few clubs maintaining their management structure.

By the way your last attempt at trying to be seriously funny was greeted by a deafening silence. You must have an extinct life if you assumed that your unbiased opinion wasn't a pretty ugly attempt.

Can't believe that Humphrey has chosen PNE

TBH, its refershing to see an SPL player turn down the Orcs and playing in SFL2 when they are interested, afterall no matter how many times Bell, Daley etc say its because its the chance to play for a big club, what they really mean is 'we are getting big wages to play against builders, plumbers & candle stick makers'.

• Agree 1

Same reason for leaving a potential title-challenging, potential cup-chasing, Euro qualified upper reaches of the league Motherwell for a mid-table League One (i.e. Division THREE!!!!) side.  You think that's more about money than glory???  Crawley and Colchester are no more glamorous.

Heres the link to the Courier story about no fee being required to sign Vincent

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Vincents-delight-at-move-to-Caley-Jags-07062013.htm

Wednesday's Metro had Vincent as signed ( no fee) including a quote from the player about filling Tudor Jones' boots!

Edited by BornCaley

Heres the link to the Courier story about no fee being required to sign Vincent

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Vincents-delight-at-move-to-Caley-Jags-07062013.htm

Wednesday's Metro had Vincent as signed ( no fee) including a quote from the player about filling Tudor Jones' boots!

Did he no' take his boots wi' him?!  :tongue:

Having a young and inexperienced side makes it easier to find an excuse when we lose.

On a more constructive note, if this intake produces the same proportion of first team regulars as the trawls of unheralded players have in the last 2 or 3 years, then I will be well pleased. It is a strategy that seems to be working.

Some promising sounding signings but it would be nice to bring in at least one player with significant SPL experience.

My eyebrows were raised by the following post in the "Comments" section of the BBC article about our 7 signings. You appear to have an imposter - could the real Kingsmills please stand up!

26.Kingsmills

6 Hours ago

The alarm bells are ringing louder than ever, no local lads and not a Scot amongst them. It's not looking good for the future of ICT.

Signed up till the end of season 2015-16:

• Aaron Doran

Signed up till the end of season 2014-15:

• Josh Meekings 
  • Nick Ross  
  • Gary Warren
  • Graeme Shinnie
  • Billy McKay
  • Daniel Devine
  • David Raven
  • Liam Polworth
  • Ryan Christie

Signed up till the end of season 2013-14:

• Ross Draper
  • Ryan Esson
  • Richie Foran
  • Conor Pepper
  • Matthew Cooper
  • Jay Cheyne
  • Calum Ferguson
  • Ben Greenhalgh*
  • Danny Williams
  • Adam Evans
  • Curtis Allen
  • Harry Hooman
  • James Vincent
  • Marley Watkins

* One year deal signed with optional 12 month extension. This may apply to other players recently signed on one year deals also

(Butcher, Malpas and Marsella are also in this category) Although today's papers are reporting that Butcher and Malpas are in talks to extend their contracts

Just looking at the squad for next year (U20s in italics IMO ) and thinking where we still need strengthening, Goalkeeper and striker seems to be the priority areas at the moment

GKs

Ryan Esson

DEFs

Davis Raven, Josh Meekings, Gary Warren, Graeme Shinnie, Danny Devine, Harry Hooman, Mathew Cooper

MIDs

Aaron Doran, Nick Ross, Ross Draper, Ritchie Foran, Connor Pepper, Liam Polworth, Ryan Christie, Jay Cheyne, Calum Ferguson, Adam Evans,

Ben Greenhalgh, Danny Williams, James Vincent, Marley Watkins

STRs

Billy McKay, Curtis Allen

NB, some positions are assumed either to being a youth player or new signing

Depends where he intends to use Foran i think, if hes up front another centre mid but if he is being used as a midfielder (which is where i think he is best) then i would bring in another striker.

New goalkeeper is essential though.

Edited by ajsict92

Calum Ferguson is a striker and i would think one of the new wingers we have brought in would be used as a striker if needed. Four players have been kept on for the under 20s from the year group below and one of them is a keeper so i would think he would be used as a third choice keeper. I think we need a new keeper and negotiate taking charlie taylor back.

What I see is signing seven players to replace those we let go. To answer Kingsmills concerns and the BBC comment highlighted by Yngwie...........we signed Polworth, Christie, Cheynne and Ferguson.........are they not local lads? We have Esson, Raven, Meekings, Warren, Shinnie, Doran, Ross, Draper, Foran and MacKay.....all with significant SPL experience. We are holding onto as many experienced players for next season as we have in each and every other season in the last few years. We have brought in as many newbies from lower leagues down south as we have in each of those seasons and we will be as, if not more, successful next season. Our current signing policy won us Div 1 and got us 7th, 10th and 4th in SPL. Considering our budget I think we are doing extremely well and, in case nobody has noticed, we are giving home grown players the opportunity to step up to the mark and challenge for success. More home grown than any other SPL team at that. We have an U-20 team with a number of local lads in it. They are watched in that league and I believe they train with first team. I'm quite sure that if Butcher sees something in them he'll sign them,as he has done already.

Calum Ferguson is a striker and i would think one of the new wingers we have brought in would be used as a striker if needed. Four players have been kept on for the under 20s from the year group below and one of them is a keeper so i would think he would be used as a third choice keeper. I think we need a new keeper and negotiate taking charlie taylor back.

None of the four players kept on were a keeper?

Cheyne, Ferguson, Christie and Polworth