FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The "Signed Up For Next Season" Thread

Renegade

Going by the photo that ICT put up on Facebook, there's a few numbering changes for this coming season.

Pepper seems to have changed from number 22 to 21 this season for some reason, while Polworth has gone from 21 to 20, while Cooper is now 22.  Danny Williams is 19, Meekings is now number 6, Devine is 14 and who I think is Watkins is 15.  Draper, Ross, Foran and presumably Esson are unchanged.

You can't see from the photo, but I presume Vincent will take the number 10 and Hoolan will take 4.

Nothing yet for Greenhalgh and the rest, but presuming number 12 will be the new keeper, I wonder if we'll have a number 13 this year.  Always think it's a bit silly that we don't!

Edited by Renegade

Going by a short bit of footage on north tonight from pre-season training today it looks like Vincent is number 4, going by his scoring record from the past few seasons and what I've seen from the interweb it seems like he is a direct replacement for OTJ and in the mould of a defensive mid. Looked like Greenhalgh was possibly 17, had a short interview with Ben and he came across very well.

If that is so, then maybe that would suggest Butcher is going to re-mould him as a more central player.  Might explain my he's signed so many wingers this close season as well.

Going by the video, Hooman is 18 and McKay is still 7.

Edited by Renegade

Do shirt numbers mean much anymore in football, when you have players like Hooper with 88 and Skacel 51 on their shirts. I'm sure TB is more of a traditionalist in terms of aligning numbers to the first 11 and posssible positions. Wonder what numbers we may see at other clubs this year?

Doran and "Shinniesta" were exchanging banter on Twitter regarding Doran taking the number ten shirt.

I see no reason why we are after Taylor again given we have Graeme Shinnie and we signed another left back recently. Unless G Shinnie is going to move into the middle of midfield or we just want extra cover down the left with Taylor.

I would hazard a guess that these numbers may well change. By the looks of pictures in today's Courier it looks like we have 2 number 9s (Foran and A.N.Other) Ryan Christie with number 6, Liam Polworth with a 28 numbered top and 20 numbered shorts and also someone I don't recognise with no 2. not raven unless he's gone a radical Wayne Rooney style hair replacement operation

From the photo I can work out:

4 James Vincent

7 Billy McKay

9 Ritchie Foran

10 Aaron Doran

11 Nick Ross

15 Marley Watkins

17 ben Greenhalgh

18 Harry Hooman

19 Danny Williams

21 Connor Pepper

22 Matt Cooper

Update from sky sports: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8796369/SPL-Inverness-boss-Terry-Butcher-hopes-to-add-goalkeeper-to-squad

"The chairman Kenny Cameron gave me my budget towards the end of last season but that is pretty much all spent," said Butcher.

"I'd think once we get a keeper in that will be our last signing although you never know."

We have signed a new goalkeeper called Neil Draper! Not sure if he is any relation to Ross Draper but all i know is that he has been signed for the under 20s. Which means there is still another keeper to come in for the first team squad. 

Not seen the photo(s) in question but is it not possible that squad numbers have not yet been allocated (registered) and that its any old kit that fits thats being worn just now?

While you might be right for some of the newer and younger players, some of the others seem to be assigned numbers already that would make sense as to where they play - Meekings is now 6 for example.  Some of the new players seem to have taken vacated numbers as well.

Here's the image folks - 

1016678_10151689327125549_1462998654_n.j

It was actually CaleyJags.com that put it up, not the official site.

Looks like the kit numbers at this point are as follows - 

1. Ryan Esson

2. David Raven

3. Graeme Shinnie

4. James Vincent

5. Gary Warren

6. Josh Meekings

7. Billy McKay

8. Ross Draper

9. Richie Foran

10. Aaron Doran

11. Nick Ross

14. Danny Devine

15. Marley Watkins

16. Ryan Christie

17. Ben Greenhalgh

18. Harry Hooman

19. Danny Williams

20. Liam Polworth

21. Conor Pepper

22. Matthew Cooper

23 or 24. Neil Draper

25. Jay Cheyne

Not sure about Adam Evans (and probably didn't recognise him!).

Edited by Renegade

I'm sure I heard somewhere that Joe Gorman, Adam Evans and Curtis Allen were joining up with the squad late so they probably won't have been in any photos.

I notice that Raven wasn't in the photos, OTJ made a joke on twitter about an ex-teammate pulling a muscle before pre-season even started. Wonder if it's Raven