FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic - Bring it on

draganict

Celtic apparently stayed in 5 star luxury in Kazakstan. In addition they chartered a jumbo with double bed seating according to ITV4 today so will be back in Glasgow early tomorrow. The main problem they have is that they were too cocky today so must now win at Celtic Park on Wednesday 28th or I am sure many of their players will feel the season will have little challenge left. I hope that they now focus entirely on next Wednesday as an absolute must win game or they may lose £20m according to commentators. That said, they sent their reserves out in Inverness last season on their Euro campaign and gave us a doing.  He who dares wins this Saturday.

Their defence does look vulnerable through the middle. 

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3
  • Agree 1

Celtic apparently stayed in 5 star luxury in Kazakstan. In addition they chartered a jumbo with double bed seating according to ITV4 today so will be back in Glasgow early tomorrow. The main problem they have is that they were too cocky today so must now win at Celtic Park on Wednesday 28th or I am sure many of their players will feel the season will have little challenge left. I hope that they now focus entirely on next Wednesday as an absolute must win game or they may lose £20m according to commentators. That said, they sent their reserves out in Inverness last season on their Euro campaign and gave us a doing.  He who dares wins this Saturday.

Their defence does look vulnerable through the middle. 

This reserves???

Fraser Forster

Adam Matthews

Emilio Izaguirre

Kelvin Wilson

Charlie Mulgrew

Mikael Lustig

Patrick McCourt

Filip Twardzik

Victor Wanyama

Tony Watt

Gary Hooper

My friend who works in the oil industry in Kazakstan told me that the hotel Celtic were staying in was not fit for pigs. Seemingly it was like a piggery

It was fine until Celtic arrived :ohmy:

• Agree 1

It's a good time to play Celtic as they have to focus on winning by 3 goals on Wednesday.  If they lose to us they will still be confident of winning the league, but failure on Wednesday would be a disaster for them.  I am sure there will be a good few changes in their side although those that get a chance to shine will be looking to impress. We've beaten them when we've had worse sides and they've had better, so I think we can go down to Parkhead with realistic optimism.

Never usually enjoy watching a Scottish team get beat in Europe (Co-efficient and all that) but p*shed masel earlier.

Whether they rest players or not I believe we have nothing to fear come Saturday, cannae wait.....

http://ictfc.com/matches/reports/806-report-ict-v-celtic

''Celtic Reserves'' were:

3 - Commons 20, Gershon 48, Miku 82 celtic.pngTEAM: Forster, Gershon (Matthews 66), Rogne, Fraser, Commons (Chalmers 46), Rogic, McCourt (Watt 78), Kayal, McGeouch, Miku, Stokes SUBS: Zaluska, Herron, Nouioui, Atajic

Apologies. I chose the lineup put out against us at same time of year.

I wouldn't get too excited as if we are going to be gifted 3 points on Saturday, guarranteed Lennon will have kicked backsides after that performance yesterday so there might be a reaction from them. Its up to our players to stand up to it.

Confident but not overconfident.

• Agree 1

no coverage - we will get the 4th or 5th slot on Sportscene on Sunday night where total pr)cks like Steven Thompson (honest ref Ritchie head-butted my elbow), Billiy (tosh) Dodds and that fecking  d*ck Michael Stewart. CB  bias prevails.

no coverage - we will get the 4th or 5th slot on Sportscene on Sunday night where total pr)cks like Steven Thompson (honest ref Ritchie head-butted my elbow), Billiy (tosh) Dodds and that fecking  d*ck Michael Stewart. CB  bias prevails.

And on occasion Pat Nevin, feck off Pat

Well, here we are just a few hours away.  I don't think I've ever been so upbeat before an Old Filth match. I'm gutted that I wasn't able to use my Airmiles to get a last minute flight to Glasgow, so, like many others I'll be relying on radio, unless, by some miracle, I find a TV stream on the computer.

Providing we don't freeze on the big stage, I really believe we can get a result at Parkhead for the second year running. I don't think there is a club in Scotland playing better football right now.

So good luck to all the players and management, and of course to all our fans who are able to get there.  I wish I was with you all.

Is there not always a stream to be found online for all Celtic games as they broadcast live around the world :happy:

I'm sure you will find one somewhere, but don't post it in public forums please............now where's my messenger. :wink:

We would have stuffed them if we had played the high energy pressing game that we deployed in the 1st 3 games.

We sat back and let them play and we must stop giving the OF so much respect. Hopefully we will learn from today.

However - Well done lads

We would have stuffed them if we had played the high energy pressing game that we deployed in the 1st 3 games.

We sat back and let them play and we must stop giving the OF so much respect. Hopefully we will learn from today.

However - Well done lads

I don't think there was anything else we could have done, Celtic had a sense of purpose and urgency about them that was missing from that midweek game and dominated the midfield simply because they had better players, they just lacked a bit of flare and imagination to open us up. Had we pushed forward more often especially in the 2nd half we would have been cut open repeatedly, did you miss what happened a couple of times when we did?. So the warnings were there.

I don't think whether we were playing the OF or not made any difference I think you are taking away the effort our lads put in just not to lose that game. You need to keep in mind this Celtic team were playing in the CL last season and beat Barcelona also finishing 25 points ahead of us last season, where as we only managed 4th in the SPL with players mainly from the English lower leagues and reserves.

Our players were out on their feet near the end with all that chasing and closing down, it was starting to look desperate for us in the last 10 minutes, mistakes and punts back up the park straight back to them were becoming more frequent. I kept hearing someone behind me shouting "push up, push up" but I thought Terry had his tactics spot on and our players did exactly what was expected of them. That's a point very few are going to come away with from Celtic Park this season and we are now 3 points clear at the top.