FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Graeme Bennett resigns from board

Granty24

Or maybe the timing has to do with the fact it was the club AGM last night?

Is it the case that he was happy to be put forward for re-election at the time when the AGM resolutions would have been issued earlier this month, but when the AGM took place he wanted that resolution withdrawn?

I hadn't taken much interest in the AGM this year but that doesn't sound like normal procedure as the board are self-electing and not normally appointed by the AGM. So who are the new members who Grassa doesn'nt appear to approve of then?

Edited by Donview

There are people who know Bennett and dont like him. There are people who dont know him but dont like him. Thats a matter for folks opinions. As far as I'm concerned, on the few occassions I've had opportunity to chat with the guy, he's come across as being a decent honest person. My understanding is that he raised the cash to buy the social club on the strength of a private pension. Yes he owns the club, and possibly takes a wage out of it, but that could easily become a non viable business and he could be left with a building that nobody wants. On the other hand he could make a vast profit out of it. Who knows.

Enough of defending the man. I am more concerned by why he has decided to drop out. Is he trying to maintain the stability but others want to risk it? Are there board members who want us to break from our current spending control in order to do what other clubs have done to try and buy success? If one person leaves the board because he believes the mix is wrong then I want to know what the wrong is. Bear in mind that Grazza's not the first, in recent times, to resign their directorship.

One of today's papers (cant remember which one) suggests that as Butcher's control of the football side of the club grew that Grassa's lessened and could have added to unrest. Also it is suggested that Grassa's opinion or indeed involvement in the managerial vacancy recruitment process was not needed or requested and this didn't sit well either

Does the timing suggest that this has been triggered by something to do with choosing new manager?

You'd better believe it.........Johndo's running out of muppets to slag :wink:  :lol:  :wave:

Seriously this is a mess created by Butcher's need to be in control of everything and everyone - that had its positives but also now its negatives. I now suspect that Butcher has deliberately attempted to create as much chaos as possible and still has his co-dependency vote on the board. Now that Butcher has departed there will be "power games" and I suspect Grasser may have underestimated the opposition. Grasser is an ICT man through and through and probably was not helped by being a muppet puppet at the onset of the Tulloch/Orion crusade - and (what do you think Donview ??) I actually think that there is an element of that back too.

As fer the new manager it is my opinion that Grasser's departure actually points to the re-appointment of John Robertson and the "takeover" by the Orion Corporation who have been waiting in the wings for some time now.

Heard at the game today, that Bennett's leaving was actually due to the leaking of inside information via his son's Twitter page.  No idea how true that is though.

Edited by Renegade

There are people who know Bennett and dont like him. There are people who dont know him but dont like him. Thats a matter for folks opinions. As far as I'm concerned, on the few occassions I've had opportunity to chat with the guy, he's come across as being a decent honest person. My understanding is that he raised the cash to buy the social club on the strength of a private pension. Yes he owns the club, and possibly takes a wage out of it, but that could easily become a non viable business and he could be left with a building that nobody wants. On the other hand he could make a vast profit out of it. Who knows.

Enough of defending the man. I am more concerned by why he has decided to drop out. Is he trying to maintain the stability but others want to risk it? Are there board members who want us to break from our current spending control in order to do what other clubs have done to try and buy success? If one person leaves the board because he believes the mix is wrong then I want to know what the wrong is. Bear in mind that Grazza's not the first, in recent times, to resign their directorship.

Alex is right here is one of that chats he had with grassa

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXlhpeb6wI

Dougal

Nah - the article's not relevant - scroll to the bottom of its page - to the avatar of the contributor who commented.

If you read ICTonline frequently, you'll recognise it -  the pixel sizes even match! It's like unmasking Kendo Nagasaki!

Obviously, I'm not suggesting they're the same person- I'd get banned for breaching confidentiality - but I was just pointing out how unusual it was to find two similar avatars out of all the pictures in the world, ever, to choose from, commenting on Scottish football! Uncanny. An amazing coincidence I suspect.

• Agree 1