FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup 5th round draw:Stranraer

Yngwie

Takes place Monday at 2pm.

If we can avoid Celtic, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen, I'll be happy.

We may have to beat one or two of them at some point. lets get them out of the way early.

No thanks, lets get the easy teams out of the way first and meet the tougher teams at the last hurdle.  Getting to the semi and getting beat by Celtic is better than getting to the 4th round and getting beat by Celtic.

Dumbarton away would be lovely from a selfish p.o.v. 20 minutes away on the train, and a ground I have yet to go to.

Albion Rovers away would be good too - last time I was there was 1996, the day Ross Tokely scored his first ever goal for the club. Our circumstances have changed a bit since then...

Alloa Athletic v Dumbarton

Clyde or Stranraer v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Hibernian v Raith Rovers

Albion Rovers v Stenhousemuir

Brechin City or Forfar Athletic v St Johnstone

Celtic v Aberdeen

Dundee United v Queen of the South or St Mirren

Rangers v Ayr United or Dunfermline Athletic

Nice train trip to Stranraer. 

Best route is fly Inverness to Belfast, night out there, ferry over in the morning hoping the sea ain't rough.

Allows you to pretend it's a European tie!

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 1

Delighted with the draw as I was hoping to get a lower league team away from home, at a ground I've never been to. Clyde and Stranraer both meet that criteria!

No chance for ours being on the telly, so it'll be safe to assume it'll be a 3pm ko on Saturday 8 Feb? 

Got to be happy with that. Three lower league teams guaranteed in the quarter finals. Aberdeen or Celtic out. Another wide open cup competition.

Am I right in thinking that we had a midweek game against Stranraer as our very first game down the Longman or is my increasingly middle aged memory failing me ?

Edited by Kingsmills

Nice train trip to Stranraer. 

Best route is fly Inverness to Belfast, night out there, ferry over in the morning hoping the sea ain't rough.

Allows you to pretend it's a European tie!

Stranraer is as close as you can get to a home game for me, provided the game is confirmed for the Saturday my itinerary will be as follows;

Belfast-Cairnryan Sat 8 Feb Stena Superfast VII

11:30
13:52

Cairnryan-Belfast Sat 8 Feb Stena Superfast VIII

19:30
21:45
Edited by Hiro