FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dean no Brill

tm4tj

Oh dear, another horror show from Brill today on top of fumbling one at Parkhead through his fingers.

He looked culpable for the first two and he also looked edgy from the start in front of the vociferous United support. Now don't get me wrong, he has generally done very well for us this season............but, is it time for Esson to return?

• Agree 1

Oh dear, another horror show from Brill today on top of fumbling one at Parkhead through his fingers.

He looked culpable for the first two and he also looked edgy from the start in front of the vociferous United support. Now don't get me wrong, he has generally done very well for us this season............ but, is it time for Esson to return?

No. Edited by ICTRoughi

Always easy to blame the keeper tm4tj. the whole team looked edgy today, especially the defence, can I mention he also made two superb saves that would have needed Esson in peak form to get anywhere near.

No, now is not the time to shatter his confidence by dropping him, he has just had 10 goals past him without reply from the team, that could make any keeper feel apprehensive and vulnerable.

Two defensive errors and a dodgy penalty lost us that game.

• Agree 1

No Dean Brill has been part of what has been solid about Inverness and will come good. Although maybe we should stop passing it back when a forward is within 10 yards for a wee while. I'm starting to watch the game through my fingers too often!

Not sure. Brill has not looked confident yesterday and today I got the impression that the defence are losing confidence in him. Maybe those best qualified to comment are those hardy souls who watch the under 20's as well as the first team. Which of the two 'keepers do they think is in best form at the moment ?

Rest him on Wednesday then bring him back for the final.

Was it not Foran's decision to play towards the bridge end from kick off? He won the toss, said switch round, placing Brill with their fans behind him then United kicked off.

Rest him on Wednesday then bring him back for the final.

Was it not Foran's decision to play towards the bridge end from kick off? He won the toss, said switch round, placing Brill with their fans behind him then United kicked off.

If you're suggesting that Brill might have been intimidated by a large noisy group of opposition fans, that doesn't auger well for next Sunday.

• Agree 1

Seriously think we need to think about whether Brill plays next week. His confidence does seem to have gone somewhat and I do think Esson needs to play against Hibs. No player is or should be safe from being dropped if performance levels dictate.

Brill has a couple of games when his performance is not great and suddenly we drop him - get real.  Dropping him would not help his confidence and to suddenly bring Esson back for a couple of key games would put huge pressure on him.  If he made any crucial mistakes we would then have 2 keepers with their confidence shot.  If Brill is shakey in the next 4 or 5 games then fair enough but given his performance over the course of the season it would be madness to drop him now.

If Brill is going to be dropped for a couple of below par performances then who else is for the chop for the final,  Mckay?

• Agree 2

The last thing Dean Brill needs this week is to be dropped IMO! Dropping him would really increase his confidence NOT IMO . Don't think any of our players have covered themselves in glory the last two games. Unfair to only single out one player!

• Agree 1

Brill may have not had a great game last week and seemed at fault for the first 2 today but the second is harsh when the defender should have just cleared his lines. But to seriously think about dropping him before such a huge game next weekend would be absolutely stupid. He may be edgy and i dont know fully today as i missed the majority of the game but i know he made some top draw saves last week to make sure it wasn't any worse. The defence also have to look at themselves and last week they looked all over the place and it seems today they were no better. Singling out Brill for a horrid team performance is harsh and i fully expect him to remain as our first choice keeper.

Nope. If anything, Esson might have got a game today - the old "sub goalie in cup games routine". Brill needs a confidence boost and a decent defence in front of him. Better required on Wednesday!

• Agree 1

No Innes for me, but I am peeved about the amount of goals we are conceding and he should not be immune to criticism. Should we just keep playing him and suffer more heavy defeats? When is enough is enough? His kicking was poor today, the communication with defenders seems non existent. Do I think he should be dropped? Probably not now, but he should be looking over his shoulder.

You have to give players some leeway to play their way back into form. The Derek Adams approach of making sweeping changes every time you have a bad result (which is almost every week for County these days) leads to unhappy, insecure, nervy players who are afraid to express themselves.

Edited by AlexJones

Raven was shyte today, mind you so were most of the team...

Keeper was def. shakey, this could be due to a lack of confidence with his defence who put him under pressure, need to sort this shambles out before next week or we could be in line for another humping.

Collum is a little shitebag of a ref.