Guest Mahonio

Brill

Raven Warren Devine Shinnie

Draper Polworth

Watkins Christie Williams

Mckay

Subs - Esson, Tremarco, Vincent, Cooper, Ross, Evans, Pepper

Edited by Renegade

I've got a good feeling about this one - we're going to keep our sleeves rolled down and play like we know we can; pace and width and solid at the back - and come away with a 2-0 win, and get back on track!!

And then we're going to do the same on Friday.

C'mon Caley ! :ictscarf:

Probably get slated but why not try...

- Brill -

- Warren - - Devine - - Tremarco -

- Raven -           - Draper - - Polworth -        - Shinnie -

- Ross-

- Christie -

- Mckay -

I think it fulfils many of the required criteria.

Wing backs, to allow for wide play. Extra centre half to cover for this (Preferably Foran but sounds like he's out)

Loads of central midfielders. There's 3 in there.
Giving the young uns a go.

Personnel could of course be altered but if Tansey AND Foran are both out (maybe a blessing in disguise) perhaps a little tactical alternation to throw 'Well off.

I don't see the point in even contemplating dropping Brill. Sure he's not a great kicker, but aside from that he's still been pulling off some top saves. Dunno what Esson is like now.

Brill

Raven Warren Devine Shinnie

Draper Polworth

Watkins Christie Williams

Mckay

I think if we play this formation, we are way to lightweight in midfield and will be overun by Motherwell. Williams out to be replaced by Tansey if fit or Shinnie in midfield with temarco at LB.

Subs - Esson, Tremarco, Vincent, Cooper, Ross, Evans, Pepper

Motherwell also have some significant injuries so I don't necessarily see that as being too light weight.  Is Tansey available?  I would probably start with him with a view to bringing Christie on later.

For me it's more a question of what the game plan is rather than who is going to play.  Yogi's quote on the BBC preview is

"I think we play football and we still don't know how to keep a clean sheet. That's all down to hard work and shape.

"I will pick a team and let them go and play, sit back and analyse it and get the answers.

"And, if it's not those guys, I keep saying to them, football evolves. If it's not you, it will be someone else.

"You can't do any more than give them the jersey and say 'go and play and show me you can take this club where we want to go'."

:wtf:

Brill

Raven Devine Warren Tremarco

Draper Tansey.(Polworth)

Watkins Christie Shinnie

McKay

Edited by caleyboy

Brill

Raven                           Warren                                Devine                           Shinnie

Draper                                 Polworth

Ross                                                 Christie                                                Williams

Watkins

*Mckay needs a rest and is seriously out of form. The chance he missed v st mirren makes that very clear.

**Vincent offers absolutely nothing to the team in his current position and i'm skeptical at best of what he offers in behind the striker anyway.

***Christie/Polworth are both capable passers of the ball and can offer something different to draper in a creative sense so must start IMO.

****WE NEED WIDTH not inverted wingers either. Lets get the ball wide and get it into the box.

• Agree 1