FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pre-season friendlies

caleydawson

I see in that interview, Hughes wants to play as many Highland League sides as possible and playing as many as ten matches, including two home friendlies.  That and the Elgin game means that it'll be about seven games against Highland League teams.  Presumably that'll be Clach, Brora, Forres, Wick and a few others.  Personally, I'd hope Nairn are one of them.  They have a nice wee ground, a decent team from what I've seen and for some reason we haven't played them for years.  Wonder if Fort William would be an option?  That'd be a good away trip!

Also, will we ever get round to playing Inverness City?  As far as I'm aware, we've never played them in any form and they've done well at their level.  An away trip down the Bught would also be an interesting experience!

Good idea!

As we always play Clach, we could make any game with Inverness City part of a re-invented 'Inverness Cup'. A 3 game round-robin with the games at Grant Street on maybe Monday, Wednesday, Saturday). Clach v ICT, Clach v Inverness City, Clach v ICT.

Alternatively, and still wikth 3 games, there could be 2 semis and a final if a fourth team was invited - say a select from the newly reformed Inverness and District Amateur League.

With the likes of Avoch and Maryburgh now competing, a competitive team could be formed and the old Inverness Cup trophy could get dusted down and given a new lease-of-life with a rebrand...if anybody knows where it is!

As we always play Clach, we could make any game with Inverness City part of a re-invented 'Inverness Cup'. A 3 game round-robin with the games at Grant Street on maybe Monday, Wednesday, Saturday). Clach v ICT, Clach v Inverness City, Clach v ICT.

Alternatively, and still wikth 3 games, there could be 2 semis and a final if a fourth team was invited - say a select from the newly reformed Inverness and District Amateur League.

With the likes of Avoch and Maryburgh now competing, a competitive team could be formed and the old Inverness Cup trophy could get dusted down and given a new lease-of-life with a rebrand...if anybody knows where it is!

Think it may be residing in our Boardroom?

When ICT aren't at home and I can't manage Caley Away I do quite enjoy going to Lister Park. City have done very well for themselves and a game against ICT would be a well deserved nice wee payday for them.

• Agree 3

Maybe ICT should showcase their Irish Lads against some good Irish teams--will win friends and influence people and ensure a continuous stream of good, young prospects for the future. AND it's :smile:not far to fly to.,

We've just released 60% of our players from the Republic of Ireland - Joe Gorman, Adam Evans and Conor Pepper, leaving Richie Foran and Aaron Doran.

With the 8 new boys joining the squad (initially in the under 20's) all being Scottish, we've no longer got the most Irishmen in our squad.

Maybe ICT should showcase their Irish Lads against some good Irish teams--will win friends and influence people and ensure a continuous stream of good, young prospects for the future. AND it's :smile:not far to fly to.,

We've just released 60% of our players from the Republic of Ireland - Joe Gorman, Adam Evans and Conor Pepper, leaving Richie Foran and Aaron Doran.

With the 8 new boys joining the squad (initially in the under 20's) all being Scottish, we've no longer got the most Irishmen in our squad.

To be sure dair is anooder wun on de way....

• Agree 1

I wouldn't bother getting out of bed for an Inverness City game....even if they were playing us.  Far rather see us playing one of the welfare teams.

Why not? Just curious.  Seeing us play down the Bught would be brilliant i think.

I wouldn't bother getting out of bed for an Inverness City game....even if they were playing us.  Far rather see us playing one of the welfare teams.

Why not? Just curious.  Seeing us play down the Bught would be brilliant i think.

I've just never liked the way they've gone about their business and have no inclination to partake in anything that supports or promotes them in any way, shape or form.

I've just never liked the way they've gone about their business and have no inclination to partake in anything that supports or promotes them in any way, shape or form.

Did they upset you in a past life Don?

Clach game confirmed! http://www.clachnacuddinfc.co.uk/club/277827/News/view/842609

Pre-season games so far, (all away):

2nd July Clachnacuddin

12th July Elgin City

16th July Brora Rangers

Why so early the world cup will probably be on that night

Could be because Highland League clubs season starts early with cup games at the end of July and league games on 2nd August.