FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for St Johnstone

ICTRoughi

Game with St Johnstone tomorrow, what should be the starting eleven. I assume that David Raven is sitting this one out and I am led to believe Tansey is also out through suspension due to reaching a certain number of yellow cards this season. Any official word on Watkins?

My team would be: 4-1-4-1

Brill

Meekings Devine Warren Shinnie

Draper

Doran Christie Ross Watkins

Mckay

• Agree 1

I agree, bring in Devine ( it's been ages since he's played!) and slot Meekings to right-back. Alternatively, keep our usual pair at the back with Devine at right-back? Less preferred as I seem to remember Devine having a very uncertain game there last season (forgotten the opponents). But I think he's certainly capable at the back.

If Watkins is fit, then he should start. Totally agree with your selection, ICTRoughi.

• Agree 1

I agree, bring in Devine ( it's been ages since he's played!) and slot Meekings to right-back. Alternatively, keep our usual pair at the back with Devine at right-back? Less preferred as I seem to remember Devine having a very uncertain game there last season (forgotten the opponents). But I think he's certainly capable at the back.

If Watkins is fit, then he should start. Totally agree with your selection, ICTRoughi.

It was also v St Johnstone and we were hammered 4-0. I think Shinnie will be right back and Tremarco left. I would certainly give Devine a go at CB for Meekings at some point this season though. I don't think theres much between them and he's always been pretty solid at CB

I quite liked the 4-3-3 thing we used against Kilmarnock.  If Watkins and Vincent are back fit - 

Brill

Shinnie Warren Meekings Tremarco

Vincent

Draper           Ross

Watkins              Mckay            Williams

Subs - Esson, Devine, Doran, Polworth, Horner, Christie, Sutherland

I think Doran is better off the bench and I liked the way Yogi won the game putting him and Christie on together at Dundee.  I was also going to put Ferguson on the bench but then I remembered he's away so I've gone with Ali Sutherland instead.

Edited by Renegade

Why, when we are playing well and winning games, do people advocate changing formations and messing with our set up?

Change is needed for guys that are missing this game through suspension. For me personally, I'm not a fan of Shinnie playing at right back and would rather see Daniel Devine get a chance at centre half and move Meekings over to right back where he started when he joined the club so that position is no stranger to him.

With my suggested shape of the team, it's not too different from the current one. Draper being a holding midfielder and you have Nick Ross doing a similar job to Tansey from going to box to box and then Christie being the playmaker behind Mckay and obviously two wingers in Doran and Watkins.

hmmmm, a bit tricky with both Shinnie and Tansey out. some of the suggestions above are OK, but I'd favour:

Brill

Shinnie       Warren           Meekings    Tremarco

Doran         Vincent             Draper       Williams

Watkins            Mckay

Subs: Esson, Ross, Christie, Devine, Polworth, Horner, Sutherland

..........actually, I haven't got a scoobie, so I'll leave it to Yogi! Is that cheat Tom Daley playing for St J?

I'm with ICTRoughi and Sneckboy on this.  I didn't like Shinnie at right back in the few games he played there last season. So Meekings to right back with Devine replacing him alongside Warren, seems the best option for me.

However, as long as Yogi fields a winning side, I'll be happy!