FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for County.

Guest Shaun

I'm not concerned about the selection/line-up because we seem to play well no-matter who's where, but we need to approach the game like we did in the second half against Accies.  County are there for a gubbish big time and are coming for a draw.  Let's give them a right thrashing to say cheerio for their inevitable descent into the wilderness!

I fully expect County to park the bus very early and like Rene says dominating the game will be key like we did in the second half against Hamilton 

My team would be: 

Brill 

Raven Warren Meekings Tremarco

Draper Tansey Shinnie 

Watkins                                    Ross 

Mckay 

Subs: Esson, Devine, Williams, Vincent, Christie, Doran, Ferguson

With Mckay now looking like he could well be away by Saturday then I'd go with this:

Brill/Esson

Raven Warren Meekings Tremarco

Draper Tansey

Watkins Ross Doran

Ferguson

Not dropping Shinnie on purpose, but he's definitely best at left back and I feel Tansey is better than him in the centre mid role, and with Tremarco doing well over the last few games it would be very harsh to drop him, especially as it looks like he's going to be our number one left back next season.

I think even without Shinnie and Mckay, this looks like a very strong team.

This is going to sound a bit bizarre, but I've been thinking about this for a while.  Could Josh Meekings play up-front?  Think about it: he's tall, he's strong, he's fairly quick and mobile, he's a decent enough passer and crosser of the ball and has a quite a powerful shot and header on him.  Imagine him as a kind of target man/creator up-front with a Mckay/Ferguson character.  I think it might work!

Edited by Renegade