FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup 2015 - Semi-finals

Sneckboy

The draw is tomorrow. After the disappointing postponement today, we'll definitely be in the hat and will know our prospective semi-final opponents.

It's been a while since we've been to Hampden - we should have been there last year but for the Commonwealth Games taking over the stadium.

Many of our younger fans will not have witnessed us playing there - it's a huge incentive.

• Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Raith Rovers
  • Falkirk - they consistently seem to do really well in the cup - would be a good draw for us though - plus the added 'spice' of Yogi's legendary status there!
  • Dundee United or Celtic - Would love Celtic's treble to come crashing down here. I don't think we should fear United - they seem to have become a shadow of their previous selves after losing their two main players. As much as I don't agree that Ciftci should be involved here, I'd have a wry smile on my face should he be the match-winner!
  • Hibernian or Berwick Rangers - Obviously, I fully expect Hibs to win this and as always, when they come close to the final of the Scottish Cup, the 1902 statistic will become forefront. It's now 113 years since they beat Celtic 1-0 in the final. It would be ironic if they finally ended that forever on-going sequence as a 'lower league' club!
Edited by Sneckboy

Guest Shaun

We fear NOBODY :ictscarf:.

Anyway, remember County v Celtic in semi a few year ago AND we are Celtic's bogey team.

Plus, with it being Celtic (if it is) then we know that we will have to be at our best.

A quick note that GB beat US 3-2 to set a quarter v France mid July, hopefully on Grass at Wimbledon.

If we get through I would imagine that tie would be on the Sunday (19th).

Another easy passage for the H#bs to the final too?

You could argue the same for Falkirk. Neither club has met Premiership opposition and one will obviously reach the final without having done so.

Hibs have only taken 1 point from 9 against Falkirk this season, so the Bairns will fancy their chances too.

I think we all identified a few rounds ago that this seasons competition was likely to see a lower league team go very far, as the Premiership clubs have continued to be drawn together - and it's happened again!

Celtic & Dundee United will now probably be meeting in 4 consecutive games!!

BetVictor bookies odds

Celtic 8/13

Hibs 4/1

ICT 6/1

Dundee Utd 8/1

Falkirk 16/1

Raith 100/1

One of the great things about Craig Thomson refereeing this game is that he seemed to close his eyes when the heat was on and then send off who was closest to him at the time. Clearly another appeal by Dundee United.

Suspect they'll appear Paton but Butcher and Cifchi will probably be cited by compliance officer!

Yes i am disappointed that we didn't get an easier tie if we win on Tuesday but if we are going to win it it will be likely we would have to beat Celtic for it whether that be semi or the Final itself. Of course United could still go through and then I feel we are the favourites but I don't fear Celtic and nor should anyone who supports Caley. They will have a much larger backing than us but we have beaten far better Celtic sides than this and they have a lot of matches to play atm. In fact come the semi they may have to play a league game so they get less time to prepare plus their defeat to St Johnstone on Wednesday has meant that the Title race which looked dead and buried after last Sunday well the door is still slightly ajar. They have been better recently but I don't think they have been great, today against 9 men (yes they only had one more than 2) they failed to really create a  lot of chances while against Aberdeen they won by 4 but the sheep could have been 2 up before then. They are not to be feared and if it is to be them we can win as we have played some great stuff and beaten Celtic once and was unlucky to not to get a draw at Parkhead. Plus Armstrong and Mackay-Steven are ineligible as well which is a massive bonus. Do the business on Tuesday and I for one am more excited about going to Hampden to play for a potential than worry about it could be Celtic.

One of the great things about Craig Thomson refereeing this game is that he seemed to close his eyes when the heat was on and then send off who was closest to him at the time. Clearly another appeal by Dundee United.

Suspect they'll appear Paton but Butcher and Cifchi will probably be cited by compliance officer!

Eye and get found not proven :amazed:

Ginger Jaggie. Not only have we beaten far better Celtic sides but we have a far better side ourselves. I too am optimistic  we can and should beat Raith, We can beat D utd. we can beat Septic we do have a very good side capable of beating anyone subject to fair refereeing. the omens are still good.

Yes IBM Ciftchi escaped another red card today, another definite sending off committed against Scott Brown, who also sailed very close to the wind today, I foresee a few more cards totting up on both sides before we play either team....... this time something will be done if Shifty does get called up by the Compliance Officer as he has kicked out at a Celtic player..... much more serious than Karate chopping an ICT player.

Here's to a fantastic night on Tuesday   :party:

Hopefully we can beat Raith on Tue, I'm excited now by the draw and quite happy to face either D Utd who I think we areas good if not better than or a Celtic team we are capable of giving a very hard game and winning. So play Celtic in consecutive wknds then face Hibs in the final. That'll do nicely.