FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fans

Tug

been kinda interesting seeing the response of people asking why we cant get 14000 every week.

I probably fall into the glory hunter category to many of you on here these days as I no longer have a season ticket and rarely manage to make it to games

before you all start slating me let me just clarify some things :-

since I last held a season ticket I have moved house into a private rent, left my job and am currently working agency work on no set pattern , have had a 3rd child , and taken on more responsibilities at the father in laws farm since the passing of my wifes grandfather. all of this adds up to a significant drain on finances and time. I would love to be able to attend every week but I find it hard to justify the best part of 300 pounds when I know I wont get my moneys worth out of it. it doesn't mean I support the club any less and the things I moved and sacrificed so that I could afford the final will make things awkward for a few weeks but that was a price I am prepared to pay as I wanted to see history.

so go ahead and slate me all you want for not being in the stand for a 0-0 draw with partick but before you do have a look at my life and see what other things I might have going on , have a look and see what I have done in the past . I will be back maybe in a different level but I will also be bringing the next generation of fans with me as my son has said he wants to come and watch a game

• Agree 2

Tug I don't see why anyone should slate you , I am sure the financial situation is reason for many a supporter not going , wether it be employment (or lack of)  that is the reason , you have to put your family first and if you do manage along to the occasional game so much the better, and I note that you will be bringing your son which will bode well for the future.

Absolutely.  There are many who would like to go more often but who, for whatever reason can't.  Nobody should be critical of people in that position.  I think what people are hoping for is that the cup final success will persuade people who previously have not wanted to watch ICT on a regular basis to come along more often.

Devotion is loyalty to a promise, vow, person or mission. It means you are consistently trustworthy and loyal. You are willing to sacrifice to uphold your commitment. It means staying the course, even if the challenges are great, and even if you find your energy and will weakening.

When you are are devoted to someone or something, the object of your devotion becomes a part of you. Your own sense of well-being depends on whether they are flourishing. This makes devotion risky -- but also profoundly rewarding.

Can be linked to both - family first and football second.

• Agree 1

Every single fan who was there on Saturday was welcome.  It matters not at all if they have been to as many games as me or the person 3 sections along, 18 rows down and 12 seats from the end.  Or if they only started supporting ICT when TB was in charge.  Or when they moved to Inverness from Kuala Lumpur.  They were at the cup final, they witnessed one of the greatest days in our history.

My friend brought two of his friends with him, one a Don and one a QOS supporter, both hugged me and were laughing at the sheer joy on my face in the pub after (and my daft dancing!), they enjoyed the day and they were very welcome to join our support for the day.

If we get more people attending games after this then great and I hope we do, but if not then we carry on enjoying supporting ICT and attending games as often as we are able to.

Your post sounds a bit personal, if someone's had a go at you, tell them to go f**k themselves then watch James Vincent's goal again and smile.  You're an ICT supporter, same as as the rest of us.  It's fun eh!   :smile:  :ictscarf::drinking05:

• Agree 7

BTW - the Dons fan did make a comment along the lines of "You guys always seem to have more fun supporting Caley..."

He was talking to a drunken, grown man dressed as a cartoon bear so I'm not sure what he meant!  :tongue:

• Agree 3

I had 2 Rangers supporters and a Celtic supporter and 1 neutral with me and we all enjoyed a great day, one of the Rangers supporters even bought a Caley Scarf :ictscarf: Since they are all from the Central Belt unlikely they will be at Inverness unless it is with away supporters :lol:

Edited by Biggin

I know what you mean tug but you shouldn't feel or made to feel bad just because your not there each week. I was fortunate to live in Caithness and although still a trek I made it every 2nd weekend with my cheap child ST. I then moved to Stirling for uni and although the ticket went up a bit I was still able to travel up to most home games infact the craic on the train south with away supporters was top class. But I moved bk to England and I can now no longer go although I love to go each week especially now with our much better record than when I held a ST. But we are from the same family and want the same things so it doesn't matter if you go week in week out or once in a blue moon we are all ICT

• Agree 2

Been season ticket holder for 9 years, love going to watch our club every week and try to get to some away games. However, I'm now in full time work and work every second weekend...depending on the fixtures I may have to give up on having a season ticket but does that make me less of a fan??

I'll still go when I can, and listen to the games I can't make.

Theres only 2 things that get to me...one is the amount of Celtic and rangers fans up here and the other is that about 8 years ago we used to have over 4000 fans watching a bottom six team...now we're a top four team and 3200 has been a challenge... Where's everyone gone?

Theres only 2 things that get to me...one is the amount of Celtic and rangers fans up here and the other is that about 8 years ago we used to have over 4000 fans watching a bottom six team...now we're a top four team and 3200 has been a challenge... Where's everyone gone?

You raise two very important issues here Deano.

In the case of Rangers and Celtic fans, Inverness is no different from other communities outwith Glasgow where they also proliferate. In Inverness, I believe there are two main reasons for this. Firstly, and this is a factor which applies across Scotland, Glasgow's toxic religious and political mix has, over many years, created two opposing sectors in society down there and these two football clubs have become conspicuous features of that divide. This has given these clubs sufficient critical mass for them to act as footballing black holes which drag in additional support from areas a long way away from Glasgow. The whole of Scottish football suffers from this.

The second issue in Inverness is that until just a decade or so ago, the place didn't possess a major force in football. As a result, a lot of people could have their "big" team - usually the OF but possibly Aberdeen etc as well - and also their "wee" team, in other words lower league ICT or before that Jags or Caley. These could comfortably coexist. However now that ICT is also a "big" team some fans have had to make a choice and some of these have remained with their OF preferences.

Hundreds of Invernessians regularly disappear down the road to Celtic Park and Ibrox, but I do believe that, as time has passed and ICT have become more successful, this unfortunate trend has already begun to dwindle. Evidence is largely anecdotal, but I think OF support in Inverness (especially Rangers for obvious reasons) is on the wane.

Regarding the second issue of lower home gates now than several years ago, this is largely part of something that is happening across Scottish football, it's not just ICT. Football attendances do go in cycles and there are probably several reasons for the current downturn. I would include silly kick off times, unavoidably high prices, lack of personal funds after the recession began and competition from a range of non-football activities.

So although ICT's success has provided motivation for more to attend, it has been difficult even to stand still against these other negative factors.

• Agree 2

In the case of Rangers and Celtic fans, Inverness is no different from other communities outwith Glasgow where they also proliferate. In Inverness, I believe there are two main reasons for this. Firstly, and this is a factor which applies across Scotland, Glasgow's toxic religious and political mix has, over many years, created two opposing sectors in society down there and these two football clubs have become conspicuous features of that divide. This has given these clubs sufficient critical mass for them to act as footballing black holes which drag in additional support from areas a long way away from Glasgow. The whole of Scottish football suffers from this.

The second issue in Inverness is that until just a decade or so ago, the place didn't possess a major force in football. As a result, a lot of people could have their "big" team - usually the OF but possibly Aberdeen etc as well - and also their "wee" team, in other words lower league ICT or before that Jags or Caley. These could comfortably coexist. However now that ICT is also a "big" team some fans have had to make a choice and some of these have remained with their OF preferences.

Hundreds of Invernessians regularly disappear down the road to Celtic Park and Ibrox, but I do believe that, as time has passed and ICT have become more successful, this unfortunate trend has already begun to dwindle. Evidence is largely anecdotal, but I think OF support in Inverness (especially Rangers for obvious reasons) is on the wane.

Regarding the second issue of lower home gates now than several years ago, this is largely part of something that is happening across Scottish football, it's not just ICT. Football attendances do go in cycles and there are probably several reasons for the current downturn. I would include silly kick off times, unavoidably high prices, lack of personal funds after the recession began and competition from a range of non-football activities.

So although ICT's success has provided motivation for more to attend, it has been difficult even to stand still against these other negative factors.fair enough

So although ICT's success has provided motivation for more to attend, it has been difficult even to stand still against these other negative factors.

Another key problem is the growth in support for English Premiership and European sides - especially with children. The club has done a power of work in this regard. I'm unsure about the short-term benefits, but I think going down the route of giving U16s free season books would be of benefit in the long term.

In the case of Rangers and Celtic fans, Inverness is no different from other communities outwith Glasgow where they also proliferate. In Inverness, I believe there are two main reasons for this. Firstly, and this is a factor which applies across Scotland, Glasgow's toxic religious and political mix has, over many years, created two opposing sectors in society down there and these two football clubs have become conspicuous features of that divide. This has given these clubs sufficient critical mass for them to act as footballing black holes which drag in additional support from areas a long way away from Glasgow. The whole of Scottish football suffers from this.

The second issue in Inverness is that until just a decade or so ago, the place didn't possess a major force in football. As a result, a lot of people could have their "big" team - usually the OF but possibly Aberdeen etc as well - and also their "wee" team, in other words lower league ICT or before that Jags or Caley. These could comfortably coexist. However now that ICT is also a "big" team some fans have had to make a choice and some of these have remained with their OF preferences.

Hundreds of Invernessians regularly disappear down the road to Celtic Park and Ibrox, but I do believe that, as time has passed and ICT have become more successful, this unfortunate trend has already begun to dwindle. Evidence is largely anecdotal, but I think OF support in Inverness (especially Rangers for obvious reasons) is on the wane.

TL;DR version: FTOF.

Another key problem is the growth in support for English Premiership and European sides - especially with children. The club has done a power of work in this regard. I'm unsure about the short-term benefits, but I think going down the route of giving U16s free season books would be of benefit in the long term.

The stay away merger population doesn't help either

The stay away merger population doesn't help eitherneither does people that stopped after the local players left the club

Another contributing factor is the strong promotion on Sky and other tv companies brainwashing us all to watch the EPL and European football which is nearly always so much better presented than the Scottish game.

The good news is the wonderful turn out of the youngsters in our colours, the promotion in schools of the local team and of course Winning the Scottish cup. Success breeds success so here's to another exciting season with ICT. methinks the future is getting brighter.

• Agree 4

Is this in danger of becoming a negative thread.

We won the oldest cup in football (broken repaired replica, lol)

The city got right behind the club and the region too.

I've been getting well done handshakes from most of my customers.

We took double the amount of fans to a final than we did last year.

The city was buzzing Saturday night. I've never witnessed that before Rangers 9 in a row didn't even come close.

Thousands turned out to cheer on the cup winners.

The stig has got 15.4 K followers on twitter

Big things are happening if you allow it to.

In just over 4 weeks TCS will be sold out.

Why get dragged down by the past when we can push on to the next level.

This Is Our Time !

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 7

Is this in danger of becoming a negative thread.

We won the oldest cup in football (broken repaired replica, lol)

The city got right behind the club and the region too.

I've been getting well done handshakes from most of my customers.

We took double the amount of fans to a final than we did last year.

The city was buzzing Saturday night. I've never witnessed that before Rangers 9 in a row didn't even come close.

Thousands turned out to cheer on the cup winners.

The stig has got 14.5 K followers on twitter

Big things are happening if you allow it to.

In just over 4 weeks TCS will be sold out.

Why get dragged down by the past when we can push on to the next level.

This Is Our Time !

magic post...making me feel guilty for being so negative

I nearly forgot the outstanding work of Caley Jags Together.

Making the card idea come to life.

All those volunteers that made it happen.

The pop up shop. ICT merchandise is everywhere now.

All those buses and all the logistics behind it.

And all they are looking for is £1 from you to become a member.

• Agree 3

Tug, it definately sounds to me like someone has had a go at you recently and like everyone else here I would have told them to do one as well.

If someone has then in no way should you feel bad nor do you have anything to apologise for, you've put your money into the club in the past and surely will in the future when you are able to. I'm sure we all have a reason why we don't go to ICT games as much as we would want to and for the whole you'll find it's simply 'life'.

I for one along with Caleyjag would love to go to more games but it's simply not possible anymore, we have a one year old daughter and live in Aberdeen so the chance of going to 20 games a season like we did when we went down then the proceeding two years after are gone for us or the season ticket Caleyjag had before moving for uni but we follow our club, buy merchandise from the club and listen to every game every week on the radio or at least what we there is on.

The fact is you have put what money you could into the club and will in the future and you, like I, and everyone else can say that they are part of the rich history of the club and no one can take that away from you. Be proud that your money has gone into that and pay no attention to anyone else.

• Agree 2