ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
image.png

Tweets by @ICTFC

6 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Keep results like that coming, and we could (albeit unlikely) snatch the title from United's grasp if they keep playing the way they are...

There is no realistic prospect of catching the Arabs but second place gives us a fighting chance of promotion via the play offs and that very competent and professional performance cements our pole position in that regard.

For those still constantly complaining just look at Partick and Falkirk. Both clubs with more fans, more money and healthier player budgets than us yet one look increasingly destined for league One and the other has been stuck there for two seasons now.

We may be frustratingly inconsistent but, given our extremely limited resources including losing valuable players in the January window, we have remained competitive and firmly in contention in the play off places. Credit to the manager, coaches, players and our small but loyal band of fans for that.

Time to stop griping and get fully behind the team for three months or so that could determined our future as a full time team.

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

Well, that was a surprising line up and formation, but a very comprehensive win. 

We started playing 3 5 2 with Toddy, McHattie and Tremarco as a back 3 with Rooney and Harper being wing backs. Keatings started up alongside Storey. 

The first was a well taken header by Vincent from a Keatings corner. The second was a 35 yard free kick by Keatings. A goal of the season contender. 

The weather then played a part with us playing into a strong gale and torrential rain for 10 minutes. We hardly got a touch in that period and the weather undoubtedly was the only reason we conceded.

When the weather calmed, we bossed it again and got a deserved third when Storey was played in by Carson (I think). 

The wind troubled Ridgers more than Queens.

The central 3 were largely untroubled although Tremarco got an early booking. Rooney tried to get forward whilst Harper started quietly but grew in confidence. 

The midfield 3 bossed the game with great attitude. 

Keatings was my man of the match (although I couldn’t grumble when the sponsors picked McHattie who is unflappable) whilst Storey had a few chances. If I had one small complaint about tonight, other than the weather, Storey could have passed a few times to better placed players but he tried himself. 

Probably our most comfortable 90 in a while, other than when the weather intervened, and hopefully we can take that performance into the weekend.

We finished with 10 as Tremarco hobbled off  hope he is not badly hurt given we were already without Toshney and Mckay so running out of defenders  

These midweek games are going well for us! 9 out of 9 on Tuesday nights. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2

Alan Simpson will be happy with Story being played upfront and scoring but Gregor will not be so happy with White only getting ten minutes!

Robbo has finally found a plan B and it worked well tonight good play from all the team and a good three points :ictscarf:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Good win. Queens were very poor. 

Took a wee while to settle into the formation but the goal certainly helped. 

Great corner from Keatings, with whip and dip. Vincent flicked if in. Second goal was a direct free kick from Keatings. It was a Ronaldo-esqe strike through the ball to give it swerve and dip. Keeper appeared to be distracted by this or the runners and messed up his balance. Ball went in quite centrally but moved an awful lot. Good strike from about 30 yards out. 

3rd was a good run (again) by Carson. Was fortunate his flick through deflected into the path of storey who was sharp to pounce and toe poke it in off the far post. 

Couldn't really see what happened with their goal. 

Defence wasn't overly troubled. Mchattie swept up everything and Toddy was everything in the air. Formation suited most the players particularly Keatings, Storey and Rooney. Carson had a super game again. Won back so many balls by harassing the opposition. Doran and Walsh seemed to enjoy their cameos off the bench.

Interesting to see what formation Robbo will play in Arbroath. Massive week upcoming.

• Agree 4

I can't disagree with the reports of the match. A superb performance from the whole team in atrocious conditions at times. Apart from conceding a soft goal which should have been cleared the opposition didn't trouble Ridgers for the entire 90 minutes. Let's hope we don't spoil everything by losing to Arbroath on Saturday.

• Agree 1

Wow...what a great result, especially given the line up and formation. Who'd have thought of putting Todorov in the backline and  him apparently playing so well. Given the injuries to Toshney and Mckay, when Toshney in particular has been looking good, plus losing both first choice CB's in the transfer window, the defence is doing surprisingly well. McHattie definitely seems to work better at CB.  Pleased to hear also that Harper had a decent debut....just hope Tremarco coming off was more a precaution rather than risking further damage by staying on.

Vincent and Carson seem to work well in midfield, Carson in particular putting in some good displays (and seeming a more consistent replacement for Polworth) and must be up for POTY. Storey up front with Keatings seems a good call and a good option, and we still have a strong bench.

We just need to do enough to hang onto 2nd place, with a fit Toshney and Welsh to come back for the play -offs,

----------

A footnote to the Alloa game, I see their Scott Banks got into the 'SPFL team of the week' and being a Palace player on loan attracted a fair bit of attention down here. Not sure if he was actually any good, but I was in the rare position of berating one of my teams players for doing well against one of my teams on one of my teams forums (if you follow me)

• Agree 1

Good performance from Todorov at centre half although to be fair QoS offered very little. 

Slight change of approach with Storey through the middle and Keatings supporting ,worked quite well and a refreshing change from Plan A.

Surprised to see Harper starting in an advanced role ahead of Doran or Walsh but he did ok and looked pretty comfortable. 

Let's not f*** it up against Arbroath and Partick and start pushing on.

• Agree 1

3 well taken goals but we should have been out of sight before Queens pulled one back and the nerves started jangling.  Terrific energy in the middle of the park from Carson, Trafford and Vincent was probably the key, but great energy and movement also from Storey and Keatings upfront.  Generally solid at the back so another good all round performance.  Having said that, it must be said that QOS were awful but perhaps that was because our energy and movement forced them into mistakes.  The fact that with our small squad we can freshen things up by successfully making so many changes has to give us confidence about holding on to 2nd place.

Looking forward to seeing video of Keatings goal.  At the time it looked as though it was diverted by a force field in mid-air - or maybe I need my eyes tested!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

3 well taken goals but we should have been out of sight before Queens pulled one back and the nerves started jangling.  Terrific energy in the middle of the park from Carson, Trafford and Vincent was probably the key, but great energy and movement also from Storey and Keatings upfront.  Generally solid at the back so another good all round performance.  Having said that, it must be said that QOS were awful but perhaps that was because our energy and movement forced them into mistakes.  The fact that with our small squad we can freshen things up by successfully making so many changes has to give us confidence about holding on to 2nd place.

Looking forward to seeing video of Keatings goal.  At the time it looked as though it was diverted by a force field in mid-air - or maybe I need my eyes tested!

Our recruitment policy, given a transfer budget of probably offering just luncheon vouchers (showing my age) is not bad at all, when the players are match fit, get a decent run in the side and play in the right formation...Carson has been a diamond find, which no doubt those f#7kers North of the Bridge have started to notice

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

21 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Keep results like that coming, and we could (albeit unlikely) snatch the title from United's grasp if they keep playing the way they are...

Yes, it's a pity we couldn't perform better against the lower teams Partick/Alloa/Arbroath . Utd's form has been shaky since the turn of the year 13pts from a potential 27 with no pressure. It's possible but unlikely at this stage but you never know, would be exciting. Hibs collapse under Butcher shows it can happen.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic