News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Whatever happened to the 'banana shot' ???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=izXhjtvSG18

You hardly ever see players strike the ball with the outside of the foot anymore, especially from free kicks. I always find that I can generate far more swerve striking the ball this way than with the inside of my foot, plus it's easier to disguise from your run up. So why's it gone out of fashion?

Ahh.............Garrincha, little bird, no no, not you ccc.

Now theres a player fer ye

Manoel Francisco dos Santos (October 28, 1933 – January 20, 1983), known by the nickname "Garrincha" ("little bird"), was a Brazilian football right winger and forward who helped the Brazil national team win the World Cups of 1958 and 1962, and played the majority of his professional career for Brazilian club Botafogo. FIFA considers him the best Brazilian player ever after Pelé, and in 1999, he was similarly ranked by the IFFHS, whom voted him the second best Brazilian player and the eighth best in the world during the 20th century. Other football historians have referred to him as the best dribbler in football history.

The word garrincha itself means wren. Besides football and women, activities involving songbirds were among Garrincha's greatest passions; specifically, he liked shooting them. Garrincha was also known as Mané (short for Manoel) by his friends, a name which in Brazil also means "fool" or "half wit". It was possibly used in that sense at some point – or even as a double entendre – due to Garrincha's child-like personality. The combined "Mané Garrincha" is common among fans in Brazil. Due to his immense popularity in Brazil, he was also called Alegria do Povo (Joy of the people)

Well, thats what my best friend Wikipedia said anyway.