FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Protest at Cove match?

No Shin Guards

The shoes off debacle has to be the most cringeworthy demonstration of all time. 
Its embarrassing at best ridiculous at worst. 

A demo outside the main entrance before kick off don’t enter the ground at all or if you have too just after kick off and then a designated time for a mass walkout at a set minute should have the desired effect.

Another point that hasn’t gone unnoticed for me anyway is the disappearance of the Supporters trust or whatever they call themselves these days. Why have they apparently gone to ground once again? 

Dougal

14 hours ago, dougal said:

Another point that hasn’t gone unnoticed for me anyway is the disappearance of the Supporters trust or whatever they call themselves these days. Why have they apparently gone to ground once again? 

The Supporters Trust hasn't disappeared, but is alive and kicking.  A brief report of the recent AGM was posted in the Supporter's Trust section of this site just a couple of days ago.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

Given it seems inevitable that nothing will change behind the scenes this season, is it not better that everyone gets fully behind the players throughout Monday’s game so they know they have our support regardless of what is going on behind the scenes.

The management team may not be able to motivate them but a noisy crowd can.

If anyone from Section 94 reads this, can they rally the troops and all the better if our drummer is there too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

10 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

The Supporters Trust hasn't disappeared, but is alive and kicking.  A brief report of the recent AGM was posted in the Supporter's Trust section of this site just a couple of days ago.  

Ok DD fair enough it would be interesting to hear the supporters trust opinion on what is happening presently with the club.

How is the relationship between trust and board now think it has been pretty non existent in the past but happy for you to correct me if I’m wrong.

Historically I believe the so called custodians of the club have failed miserably to engage with the fan base regardless if they are in any official group or not.

Dougal

59 minutes ago, dougal said:

Ok DD fair enough it would be interesting to hear the supporters trust opinion on what is happening presently with the club.

How is the relationship between trust and board now think it has been pretty non existent in the past but happy for you to correct me if I’m wrong.

Historically I believe the so called custodians of the club have failed miserably to engage with the fan base regardless if they are in any official group or not.

Dougal

You can only engage if both parties are willing? 

I'm just a member of ST, no more no less, but if the general fan base want a voice they need to be members as member numbers stand for a powerful voice. I fully agree the club should be engaging with trust as they are the custodians of the fans shares which is never less than 10%. 

Again to have a powerful voice fans need to join......

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

You can only engage if both parties are willing? 

I'm just a member of ST, no more no less, but if the general fan base want a voice they need to be members as member numbers stand for a powerful voice. I fully agree the club should be engaging with trust as they are the custodians of the fans shares which is never less than 10%. 

Again to have a powerful voice fans need to join......

So reading between the lines you are indicating that the club have not always been at fault here and that there may have been issues with previous individuals representing fans groups. 

I personally fail to see what difference more members the trust has as that 10% figure will never increase. 
If it was as easy as you say then why are there not hundreds of new members joining up.

In my opinion the ICT board look at the Trust as an inconvenience to them and a minor one at that.

Dougal

22 minutes ago, dougal said:

So reading between the lines you are indicating that the club have not always been at fault here and that there may have been issues with previous individuals representing fans groups. 

I personally fail to see what difference more members the trust has as that 10% figure will never increase. 
If it was as easy as you say then why are there not hundreds of new members joining up.

In my opinion the ICT board look at the Trust as an inconvenience to them and a minor one at that.

Dougal

No that's not what I'm saying. The Trust and the Club should always have open communication in my humble opinion. 

I don't think numbers should matter either but the club clearly think they do. Thus numbers bring credibility. 

No comment on last paragraph....

6 hours ago, old caley girl said:

No that's not what I'm saying. The Trust and the Club should always have open communication in my humble opinion. 

I don't think numbers should matter either but the club clearly think they do. Thus numbers bring credibility. 

No comment on last paragraph....

So the ICT board are to blame not the Trust we got there in the end.

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I am staying away unless Dougal has any spare tickets for Ibrox ?

No sorry I’m heading to Lanzarote on the 1st so won’t be at game either.

Maybe a blessing you ain’t there a dirty protest would probably be a step too far.

Dougal

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

So is the calls for a protest binned now we signed an unknown and a few youths back? 

Yes it sadly seems so unfortunately  the majority of our support reminds me of  the Sevconian orcs at times where they just bury their heads and walk away. 

Dougal

I really can't see a protest doing any good to be fair. At the end of the day we haven't got the finances to start sacking people or buying quality players. Yes, it would indeed highlight the feelings of our supporters, but they already know that - don't they 🤔

• Agree 4

17 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I really can't see a protest doing any good to be fair. At the end of the day we haven't got the finances to start sacking people or buying quality players. Yes, it would indeed highlight the feelings of our supporters, but they already know that - don't they 🤔

I agree. If we had the finances to make a change, I’d fully support a protest.

However, I will be focussed on encouraging the players as much as possible.

I don’t see that a loan signing and the return of youngsters loaned out makes a difference. Yes, it gives us a few more to choose from, and we may need Nicolson as a starter at left back depending on whether Devine is fit to pair up with Ram at the back or whether Harper is fit, allowing Delaney to move to centre half if Devine is not fit.

I’ve no idea if the youngest brought in from St Mirren will add anything. Time will tell.

I just wish we had a meaningful update on all our injured players. Allardice and MacGregor have had very little game time in the last 18 months due to injuries. We’ve hardly seen Samuels this season. We anticipated seeing Sutherland and Walsh in the new year: it starts tomorrow so an update on them would be good.

We are heading into a relegation battle if we lose tomorrow and at Arbroath next week. Now is the time for the players to step up and show what they can do. If that means ignoring the game plan, so be it. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Sadly the most effective protest is happening right now - consistently poor performances on the pitch lead to falling attendances in the stands.

Less income for the club - insufficient funds to keep good players.

It seems to me the solution is a more entertaining match-day experience, a few wins for example, and a team that is entertaining to watch. That'll draw the punters in!

The thing is, we have some very good players, with great individual skills . . . . . . . !

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, buckett said:

Sadly the most effective protest is happening right now - consistently poor performances on the pitch lead to falling attendances in the stands.

Less income for the club - insufficient funds to keep good players.

It seems to me the solution is a more entertaining match-day experience, a few wins for example, and a team that is entertaining to watch. That'll draw the punters in!

The thing is, we have some very good players, with great individual skills . . . . . . . !

Totally. As it stands I don't feel like going to the Cove game. Sad when I'm a long standing season ticker holder. 

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 12/31/2022 at 11:11 PM, No Shin Guards said:

Totally. As it stands I don't feel like going to the Cove game. Sad when I'm a long standing season ticker holder. 

Same here .Season ticket holder for many many years and always try arrange everything around home games . Day after new year and not much to do this afternoon but i certainly WON’T be there watching that clueless clown try manage a team. Enough is enough for me and apparently many . Soul destroying watching that crap week in week out .

• Agree 1

I'd be going along if I could, but unfortunately I am an addition to the fans' injury list having slipped on the ice a couple of days and landed on my back.  I can barely walk to the loo, let alone the stadium.  Hopefully no slip ups from the team today and we can get back to winning ways.  Hoping for the best but fearing the worst though.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I'd be going along if I could, but unfortunately I am an addition to the fans' injury list having slipped on the ice a couple of days and landed on my back.  I can barely walk to the loo, let alone the stadium.  Hopefully no slip ups from the team today and we can get back to winning ways.  Hoping for the best but fearing the worst though.

Get well soon DD 

• Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...