FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dingwall

Gringo

8 hours ago, Gringo said:

Morecombe I think.

That’s a bit harsh! Its got a decent sea front and Morecambe Bay although, like many towns, parts of it have seen better days and are in need of regeneration.

I’d have thought the likes of Workington, Barrow, Hartlepool, Scunthorpe, Barnsley, Nuneaton, Swindon and Newport (Wales) would be well up the list.

Towns to rival Dingwall in Scotland would surely include the likes of Wick, Falkirk, Alloa and Stranraer. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Towns to rival Dingwall in Scotland would surely include the likes of Wick, Falkirk, Alloa and Stranraer. 

My wife comes from Falkirk, so I've spent more time there than anyone should ever have to.

Looks its best in a rear-view mirror  :wink:

Edited by snorbens_caleyman
  • Funny 2

29 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

My wife comes from Falkirk, so I've spent more time than anyone should ever have to.

Looks its best in a rear-view mirror  :wink:

My gran lived in Denny which made Falkirk look posh. I was there regularly in my younger days. I’d not even describe it as a town given the absence of facilities. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

I've been to Morecambe too. I found it to be ok and not a bad as some other places I've been too. The author of the book also mentioned Newport (Wales). The book was about his travels all over the country by rail. Was a great read and very funny in places. 

Nuneaton is the butt of all jokes here in Coventry. It's close neighbour, Atherstone, is also mentioned in these parts.

• Like 1