FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Airdrie away Jan 2024

tm4tj

This is perhaps unfair given this is my first game of the season but we are awful. Staggeringly negative with a shaky defence and a non existent attack. A honking performance so far. 

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Today is the first league match I've missed this season. We have struggled in most games, in fact only Ayr at home, Arbroath, Dundee Utd and Queen's Park away have been enjoyable.  Don't want to be too negative given Big Dunc is just in the door but I was really disappointed to hear that he was delighted with a point against Morton at home.  Surely we should be striving for more.  But yes our lack of goals (and clear cut chances) is very concerning.  

19 minutes ago, RiG said:

This is perhaps unfair given this is my first game of the season but we are awful. Staggeringly negative with a shaky defence and a non existent attack. A honking performance so far. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Where do we go from here? Before anyone replies Div 1 is looming at moment 

Fortunately we’re not on our own at the bottom end of the table so we’re still in with a fighting chance if some half decent bodies get added during the transfer window.

Was just thinking about what dire straits we’d be in if it wasn’t for the wee bounce when Dunc took over - could’ve been well adrift and properly doomed by now so grateful for the small mercy of still having a wee bit of hope.

• Like 2

We need to spend the millions we haven't got and some quality players that aren't available or don't wont to move to the Highlands for a naff contract. Ayr, Arabs and Raith next up in the league so the task is very daunting indeed. Even Broomhill might not provide any relief from the doom and gloom. The powers that be need to work some magic.   

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Hampden ? Wouldn't fancy a play off against Falkirk or Hamilton either.

At this rate it will be automatic relegation! Wtf is playing without a striker all about ? Being a striker himself that should be 1 area he knows about . Substitutions and timing of them 2 can also be bewildering at times . As fir being sent off yet again . Things are bad enough without you being in the stands again . Personally want DF to do well so come on sort it out Big Dunc  ! 

• Agree 2

I had family duties today so thankfully didn’t sign up for the livestream as it sounds like it would have been a hard watch.

We are in a relegation fight now with Ayr, Arbroath and Queens Park and really can’t afford to lose at Ayr on Saturday.

When I saw the line up, I was glad to see Welsh back in but I see he was hooked at half time: did he seem fully fit?

I know Mckay has worked his socks off all season but we really should have started with him. To have only one attempt all game is pathetic.

I see Devine was missing: is he another injury casualty?

Two points out of fifteen…..

• Sad 1

Wasn't there today (thank goodness). 

Sounds like more of the same as the tactics and awful/boring/tedious football I witnessed at the recent Arbroath and Morton home games.

Those were painful and two of the worst matches I've ever been to.

Big Dunc, you need you're team to have some of the spirit you had as a player, albeit I'm not expecting them to be English Premiership level like you were. 

Totally expect home attendances to keep dropping with the awful tactics and football Big Dunc is punishing us with just now!!

Edited by Duke of Inverness
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic