FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT vs Morton - the last stand - predictions?

With 5th place in their own hands but with the possibility of being overtaken by Ayr or Dunfermline if they lose, Morton will be very aware of our home form and what they have to do to win. We on the other hand are staring relegation in the face and will really have to do something different from what we normally do, to win. Even a win for ICT doesn't guarantee avoidance of a play-off.

Being a glass-half-full sorta guy, I'm delighted we didn't get automatic relegation. That however is the only plus - my glass is pretty near empty now.

Here's my prediction - nothing changes; we're gonna lose at home as usual. Might as well rest some players tonight in preparation for the playoffs.

Think we need to start to build momentum so must win this, either we go into playoffs with a bit more confidence or we're safe. We play like we did against Raith a couple of weeks ago and get a slice of luck, we can do it.

Prediction - heart says 2-0 win, head says drab 0-0

Oh dear no, a drab 0-0 draw would make everyone’s nerves jangle, especially the last 10 minutes !  Please, no......

Posted (edited)

We had to win against arbroath and we did same against queen's and we did. We were unlike against raith and a point away to Dunfermline although not what we needed is still a good point. Morton are nothing special and if the threat off relegation can't motivate the guys for tonight then I don't know what will. Hopefully be a bigger crowd tonight so that may be the difference from other home game. Time to hold our nerve get right behind the boys tonight and believe!

Edited by ictbob
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

We'll pass the ball sideways and backwards most of the night in the vain hope that a draw will be enough. Morton will score with their only chance of the game and we'll lose 1-0. Oakley will be the goalscorer :rolleyes:

We haven't played like this for at least the last 6 games. Players will go for it I'm sure, just need that bit of luck that was missing against Raith. I do genuinely think we are playing better recently but it's taken far too long for that to happen.  Need desperately to get the first goal tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If I was managing Airdrie, I'd put out the weakest team I could get away with.  Avoid risk of injury to or suspension of my best players.  If QP win, then it wasn't Airdrie's top team, and there should be no problems motivating them for a promotion playoff.

It has to be three points for us tonight.  But that may well not be enough.

17 minutes ago, IBM said:

I have not got a clue what we are likely to do but will be there to watch.

Disappointed that I can't.  BBC are showing the meaningless Dundee U vs Partick.  Yes I know they'll give updates from elsewhere, but couldn't they have sent cameras to Hampden and to Inverness, to cover the important matches?

Or, since it's not Saturday afternoon, PPV?

Sometimes it's nice to be proved wrong.

Unfortunately on this occasion, the outcome is the same as if we'd lost.

Playoffs it is then - it's all in our own hands!

• Agree 1

It is in our own hands. Unfortunately any time we've had it in our own hands we've blown it. I've no faith we can stay up.

Hope I'm very wrong.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1