FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ST MIRREN V ICT - matchday thread

Scotty

[li]Discuss the game in this very thread right here  :004:[/li]
    [li]Get to the chatroom HERE[/li]
    [li]See the subs / bookings / report - after the game starts - HERE[/li]
    [li]At the game ? - Dont forget to vote in the POLL after the game has ended. HERE
    [/li]
    [li]See the stats etc by choosing today's game from  HERE[/li]

LINEUPS

St Mirren

[attach=1]

ICT

[attach=2]

hope the game is better in person than it is on the radio ....... falling asleep here = one decent effort from Black, and a near thing from Tokes is about all that has kept me awake

My radio connection was lost for the 45 secs where we scored  :008:

I take it was a goal from a corner, not a mazy run from his own half.

St Mirren have just had 2 huge chances  :029:

Great to have a singing section back for away games, and a big turnout compared to the last few.

A deserved result  :021:

And good to see the Marchers. Well done all  :clapping03:

Don't suppose anyone has a photo of my balloons getting the first goal?  :023:  :dancing01:

Guest Arab4Ever

Great to have a singing section back for away games, and a big turnout compared to the last few.

according to the commentator there was about 25 ict fans at the game...

Typical small team mentality from arab. United take less than 200 to a game in Inverness but he thinks it's worth a shot anyway. What's County's new manager's name again?  :001:

Well merited win, we had a fistful of chances to score before we did, Dargo missing at least three in the first half. Rory looked pretty lively as well, so good for him, one dribbled took him past three defenders but he blasted his shot from twenty five yrds high and wide. We were eager to please and plenty of shots from distance rained on the Mirren goal. Caff did well to nick in behind the Mirren defence after a long throw I think, it got knocked towaeds the near post and he reacted quickest to dink the ball into the net from close range with the head. Blackie and Hart peppered the goals and Hastings tried his luck again with exactly the same free kick routine, this time the keeper clutched the ball into his chest and it stuck. We almost undid our good work with a lapse at the box, a missed clearance , but Mikey blocked the shot. I must say, Mike Fraser looked very good today, good handling and great kicking. No failures from me today. Fraser excellent, Tokely............almost stole the show and stuffed it right up the nasty Mirren fans with a glancing header which skimed just wide. Caff, good display and a goal to boot, Hastings just what we have come to expect from him.  Zander, MoM for me like a terrier snapping at their heels and taking them on when required, great future for this lad, Richie Hart another impressive display and unlucky not to score, Blackie, fantastic and kept his cool, Russeldinho, good link up and almost blemish free, Dargo, should have scored, lively display, big Rory was actually ok for the first hour so well done him, Denzil came on but was quiet and Bayne ruffled a few feathers when he came on, Bazza came on as well and did his bit.  Poor old Dodsy, never got to say goodbye, or is it just cheerio.  Well done the singing boys, good noise and good banter.

Overall, well done ICT for giving us another season to be proud of. :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Only thing missing from TM4TJ's summary is Blackies screamer from about 26 yrds out.  Had the keeper been a yard further off his line it would have been another contender for goal of the season.

ICT really did go out there today to put on a performance.  The extra money will no doubt boost their well deserved bonuses and put a bit in the transfer kitty for the summer.  Well done also to St Mirren, the game really meant nothing to them and it would have been easy for them to have just sat back and had an easy finish to the season.  Even though they did little to threaten over the 90 minutes they were out there to play and it made for a pretty decent and entertaining game.

I'll also echo what has been said about the main group of singers.....they must have kept a "Caley Army" chant going for about 15 or 20 minutes solid.....absolute quality.  I have a vid clip of them which I'll get online at some point.

Well we are fantastic  :011:

Need more people joining in with us next time though.

Can anyone confirm if Harry Chibber missed the game because he didn't know it was a 12.30 KO?  :015: :015: :015: