FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tony Bullock

Bronson

I feel it is much better to have a Goalie who responds positively to the crowd, not like De Vries! last year, who swore loudly at our ballboy, or Boruk who made very uncouth (and uncalled for) gestures, after Celts scored.

What gestures did Boruc make?

Guest WynessLegend

I feel it is much better to have a Goalie who responds positively to the crowd, not like De Vries! last year, who swore loudly at our ballboy

......................... in the heat of the moment, instantly and very obviously felt very bad about what he'd done and at the end of the game had a chat with the lad and gave him his gloves.

Does anyone know what a sectariasm song is, I don't, and I doubt any of those "stewards" we have at ICT Stadium know either (but thats another story).

Get on the ibrox - queen street tube after a Rangers match. You'll pick up a few corkers

Guest TinCanFan

I feel it is much better to have a Goalie who responds positively to the crowd, not like De Vries! last year, who swore loudly at our ballboy, or Boruk who made very uncouth (and uncalled for) gestures, after Celts scored.

It was more of a "come on" sign trying to get the crowd to react.  And that's not all, most keepers punch the air or like Fraser do nothing at all when their teams score but not Artur Boruc!  In the league game in February when Celtic scored he ran around in a figure of eight like a headless and then began tounting the ICT fans and in the cup game he ran just infront of the ICT fans jumped in the air and did a little dance.  According to the Wikipedia he has been accused five times this year of aggrivating away fans.  One day he's going to do it and be hit by something from the crowd and the sooner the better I say. 

I thought though last season that the best reaction from a keeper was from Kasper Schmeichel.  It was good to see him joking with the crowd when they shouting stuff about his dad.

I feel it is much better to have a Goalie who responds positively to the crowd, not like De Vries! last year, who swore loudly at our ballboy

......................... in the heat of the moment, instantly and very obviously felt very bad about what he'd done and at the end of the game had a chat with the lad and gave him his gloves.

That was Derek Stillie

It was more of a "come on" sign trying to get the crowd to react.  And that's not all, most keepers punch the air or like Fraser do nothing at all when their teams score but not Artur Boruc!  In the league game in February when Celtic scored he ran around in a figure of eight like a headless and then began tounting the ICT fans and in the cup game he ran just infront of the ICT fans jumped in the air and did a little dance.  According to the Wikipedia he has been accused five times this year of aggrivating away fans.  One day he's going to do it and be hit by something from the crowd and the sooner the better I say. 

I thought though last season that the best reaction from a keeper was from Kasper Schmeichel.  It was good to see him joking with the crowd when they shouting stuff about his dad.

And not forgetting the Pi?ce de r?sistance

I'm with CaleyD on this one

.... its great when an opposition player (goalie or otherwise) can get the banter with the fans .... John Hughes used to do it, Andy Goram did it with the ICT fans in the cup game V Rangers more than 10 years ago, and Bullock was always good like that too despite the torrents of abuse he received for merely being a County player.

As for TB's 'incident' - although, I also taunted him after his conviction, I believe it had more to do with drunken stupidity on a night out than other far worse things that could get you on 'the list'. Do I condone it ? no I dont, but I am sure some of the taunting he gets is over the top and he just shrugs it off so fair play to him.

It constantly amazes me that fans (myself included) get so angry when a player reacts to taunting - its almost like we think we have a divine right to abuse someone for most of the match but they cant give us a GIRFUY sign when their team scores. I have seen it taken too far - that wee nyaff McCall and the paint tin for example, or the ball boy incident mentioned above but even they could be said to be heat of the moment and so long as an apology or similar is forthcoming (like the gloves to the ballboy) then it can be forgiven - still think McCall owes the club for that paint though !!!