FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Injuries.....

CaleyD

Didn't realise we had so many at present - Scotsman

INVERNESS have been boosted by the return to training of Graham Bayne and Richard Hastings ahead of tomorrow's clash with Hearts.

Bayne has had a broken toe, while Hastings, the Canadian internationalist, missed Caley Thistle's last four games with a thigh injury. Rory McAllister (broken metatarsal), Markus Paatelainen (Achilles) and Richard Hart (foot) are all definitely out, while David Proctor and Steven Watt are struggling with knocks.

Hastings may get a good bit longer to recover than he had hoped for with McBain doing so well at Left Back.  Of the rest I think the only one we could do with having available right now is Hart.  Having him available to replace Wilson for the last 20-30 mins of any watch would be a huge boost.

Wilson is having to play on the left because Cowie is doing so well.  There we have Rankin or Morgan to step in for 30 minutes a game, or even Hastings left midfield?  :029:

Bayne coming back is a big plus, he's always given us an aggressive nippy edge up front, perhaps Brew and Wyness have more ability but they cant harass the opposition.

Didn't realise we had so many at present - Scotsman

INVERNESS have been boosted by the return to training of Graham Bayne and Richard Hastings ahead of tomorrow's clash with Hearts.

Bayne has had a broken toe, while Hastings, the Canadian internationalist, missed Caley Thistle's last four games with a thigh injury. Rory McAllister (broken metatarsal), Markus Paatelainen (Achilles) and Richard Hart (foot) are all definitely out, while David Proctor and Steven Watt are struggling with knocks.

Hastings may get a good bit longer to recover than he had hoped for with McBain doing so well at Left Back.  Of the rest I think the only one we could do with having available right now is Hart.  Having him available to replace Wilson for the last 20-30 mins of any watch would be a huge boost.

Mcbain is no defender for the simple reason he can't tackle. Hastings is a no brainer for left back.

Hart isn't even  considered a first team contender anymore when fit so how will he be missed?

Hastings hasn't been anywhere near the form this season that we saw last and was, IMO, responsible for more than his share of the goals we have lost this season when he's played.  McBain has been solid at Left Back from what I've seen of him and I know many others would agree.

I never said Hart would be missed, what I said was that we could do with having him available.  IMO, he has a lot to offer this team and I don't think him not being a "contender" has had anything to do with football.

Did Brewster not say somewhere that he would 're-assess the Hart situation' or words to that effect.  When it was said at the time, I took it to be if he was good enough in the new managers opinion, then he would be included.

In my own opinion, he is good enough and offers us a bit of drive and agression from the midfield and a powerful shot, always handy to get it on target though.