FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Michael Fraser

Naelifts

I haven'y had time to read all the reports and comments about yesterdays match but I feel that a certain point MUST be made. There is a thread on here re Michael Fraser..........should he be playing. Well, in my view yesterdays superb victory was in no small part due to his excellent handling. He took numerous low and high balls completely cleanly. Should he have spilled any one of these the result could have been different. Totally reliable,inspirational to his back 4,and a candidate for the MOM in my opinion. We were superb all round but performances like Michaels regularly get glossed over. His job is not a glamorous one and rarely receives plaudits. However one mistake and these guys are castigated. Well done everyone....................and especially Mike!

Best thing about his game yesterday was the change in attitude. All of a sudden he has found his voice and was shouting at his defenders all afternoon. Lots of 'leave its' ,'keepers', etc, and loads of advice to them to move up quickly and pointing to areas needing cover. Plus, he seemed more ready to come to the edge of the six yard box and beyond

to gather and challange for balls( He also gave a withering glance to someone in the home support in the 1st half who shouted something or other....neer chilled me to the bone it did) . I get the impression he's

been given a bit of a blast from the management too.