FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The What Are You Listening To? Thread

RiG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just been to a wedding where The Smiths "There is a light that never goes out" was sung at the church so after not having listened to any Smiths for about 15 years have got old Mo and the boys out for a listen this morning.... :rotflmao:

One of their best songs.

Well played :thumb04:

Fleet Foxes - (Best album of the year, IMO).

Not bad. Very popular amoungst the critics, but it hasn't grabbed me quite in the same way.

"April" by Sun Kil Moon; you should check that out.

"Mind Made Up" by A Certain Ratio. If anyone has ever been a fan of ACR (and I mean ever), then get this. It's far more reminiscent of their early period than anything in the last 15 years. Sounds like the LP they should have made after 'To Each'.

By the way, I've got a radio station now going at Starscape Magazine f you're a fan of indie/new wave music.

Just downloaded an oldie but a goodie Robin Trower's "Too Rolling stoned" a rock classic forgotten in time. With James Dewar, from Glasgow, on vocals, now there was a rock voice if you ever heard one!, sadly deceased

Hey Glenmhor, I'm a big John MacLaughlin fan just like you!

Here Smee, you scored an arcam cd player, well done that man!

Just downloaded an oldie but a goodie Robin Trower's "Too Rolling stoned" a rock classic forgotten in time. With James Dewar, from Glasgow, on vocals, now there was a rock voice if you ever heard one!, sadly deceased

Hey Glenmhor, I'm a big John MacLaughlin fan just like you!

Aye, John MacLaughlin is an awesome guitarist. That whole band was full of brilliant musicians.

Yep, indeed it was still listen to most of them. Usually Jan Hammer (normally with Jeff Beck of course my fav!) and I'm always downloading something of Billy Cobhams.

Listened to John Maclaughlan's "Industrial Zen" recently some interesting stuff in it.

Aye....i picked up an Arcam CD72 player. Got it off ebay. Thing is tho, think it may need a new laser or something as its a bit tempramental. So am a bit hacked off.

tsk tsk

I didnae think you wifies wanted to hear all of my self indulgence, therefore I saved your ears on the elongated guitar solos and the boring bits so you could get more pleasure out of the experience.

Was it OK for you?