FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fraser Dropped

kencar

If Fraser had lost that same goal for us on Sunday would the same cries be on here?

As far as the kicks are concerned, I ask anyone on here to defend Fraser's kicking, we all know it leaves a lot to be desired!

When we come down to the goal, should Young have been allowed to get into the shooting position, how hard was the shot, how early did the keeper see it, was there spin on the ball.

I am pleased that the posters, in the main, are able to answer the above points when confirming that he is a 'clown of a keeper'. I was possibly one the nearest spectators to him and I don't know the answer to the above points!

He got down, albeit too late, but he did not stand against the post smoking his Hamlet as the postings seem to suggest.

Colours to the mast - I am a MF admirer as a keeper BUT I am not blinkered!  Anyone watching our situation with MF knows that Brew should have sent out the sub keeper to warm up behind MF's goal in the past but then the pundits on here would see that as unfair on our young keeper but not when it happens to the 'clown'.

MF will be a better keeper by being shown he has to fight to be top dog! Just look at the Dons keeper - kept out of the team for a close season 'discussion' with his manager, until his team was lying 3rd bottom of the league before the manager takes him back AND NOW HE IS IN THE SCOTLAND SQUAD! Who can say that viewing the park from the subs bench warrents a transfer request from a keeper?

MF will come back more determined to keep his place and he also may be destined for higher awards in the future but I do not feel that yesterdays keeper's overall performance a) cost us the game or b) he should be dropped because of it.

Our defeat was down to defensive lapses - staying off the attacking player for too long and heading into your own net - NOW THAT IS A BLUNDER!! 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mike has been replaced by a blunderful keeper, even for one game, it raises doubts over his ability(a blunderful keeper is better than you Mike) and of course the ability of the management team, who assess the players on an ongoing basis and not on a media hyped description of the respective players!

Who is to say if Mike would have made a difference to the score, if he was in goals?

Mike will return, better for the experience, but don't see what was not evident at yesterday's game, the keeper may or may not have made a mistake but did not appear to do anything other than give help to his defence and they required it - and they appeared to have confidence in the 'clown'!!

Guest TinCanFan

Rab Douglas??

I heard ICT were linked with him at one point but he's really rather useless or maybe ICT should try and loan in a reserve keeper from the English Premiership like what Hibs did in signing Makalanby.

I have not been happy with some , aspects of Fraser's play such as his positioning and decision making in many games this season, I therefore think Brewster was justified in replacing him (although I would have given him another game before making the decision).  Fraser will be back but some time on the bench will do him no harm.

As far as Zibi is concerned, yes it was a bad mistake (and the defence didn't exactly cover themselves in glory) but we must play him against Gretna.  The defence must also learn how to defend - what the heck was Tokely playing at with the OG.  Some of the defending this season has been shocking.