FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fraser Dropped

kencar

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fraser has not inspired confidence, he descerved to be dropped... Malky today let us down with on      bad mistake... so we have now 2 shyte keepers.

Where was Brew the sub today? was he on a pact with the fat c**t tango man?  brew might have made the wee bit difference today.

Brewster said before the game that his shoulder was worrying him and that he hadn't felt sharp in training.

I don't think we shall be seeing much more of Brewster the player unless there is an injury crisis. Quite rightly I think he's going to concentrate on being Brewster the manager.

He says he has the upmost faith in his players abilities then again he did drop Fraser which turned out to be a bit of a clanger  :029:

Guest WynessLegend

Seriously, a keeper must be top if the January shopping list.

Until then i'd like to see Zibi given the opportunity to prove himself with a run of games.

I actually thought Zibi had a decent game today and looked the business other than for the first goal.

All that aside though, it was rather distressing to hear people from our own support having digs at the guy before he had even stepped on to the field for the start of the game.  I heard comments such as "if we lose this game it's his fault" etc etc before he'd so much as had a chance to put a hand on the ball.

We've not seen enough of Zibi in first team action to be comparing him to Fraser, I actually think he has a more complete game than Fraser from what I have seen.  He showed his reading of the game is better in the way he was coming off his line to collect high balls in to the box and saved us in that regard a couple of times.  He also spots the opportunities to play the quick ball out to one of our own allowing us the chance to hit on the break more often....a couple of our best chances today started with just such a move, and I would need to see the highlights but I think it was a quick ball played out left that sent us on our way for the attack which led to the goal.  Granted he hoofed 3 balls out of the park early on, but other than that his kicking was solid and if a keeper is going to blunder a kick I'd rather see it safely reach touchline in opponents half than be sclaffed low down the middle to an opponent...ala Mike Fraser on occasion.

Not intending this to be a pop at Fraser, he has his strengths and his weaknesses just the same as Zibi does, but the truth of the matter is that Zibi could have gone out there today and not put a foot wrong and still been lambasted because some of our fans have it in their heads that he's crap and are not willing to cut the guy any slack.

Fraser hasn't been at the top of his game, Zibi was (IMO) given his deserved chance and he certainly has performed any worse than Fraser has.

Fraser or Zibi for Gretna next week?  For me the choice is Zibi...partly because he shouldn't be judged on a single error, and secondly because I actually think he brings a lot more to the game than I have seen from Fraser of late.

bad decision dropping fraser regardless of what zibi did today. the boy deserved the chance to make amends for ONE bad game and thats all he's had this season. thought he's been pretty reliable all season bar two mistakes at killie and it was naive management by brewster to choose this game to drop him, now we have two  nervous keepers.

zibi has a lot of good attributes as a keeper some of which fraser could learn from but he could learn a bit of fraser too.dont see the point comparing their pros and cons really. bottom line is everyone starts sweating when the ball is played to zibi or even at the thought of him being in the team. the guys made his name through high profile howlers. his kicking is **** poor on a good day and suicidal the rest of the time. the first 15 minutes had me pulling my hair out. the first goal was a total **** up and cost us a point.

he's here on loan and does not deserve anything other than to be dropped after today.fraser is the better keeper

Agreed CaleyD, one of our number wrote on P&B that he hoped Zibi would never get a start, perhaps he thinks he is utterly useless.

There is nothing like supporting your team and ?.

I was surprised at Mike Fraser in ?warming up? behind the home goal as Zibi was having his uncomfortable start.

It has to be said though, Zibi?s blaming of the turf for yet another straight into touch kick was as comical as it was excruciating.

I felt genuinely sorry for zibi today, but bottom line is he is not good enough.  Hibs finally realised it and managed to offload him and my hibee workmates still wince at the mere mention of his name.

What Brewster was doing playing him today is beyond me and I'm afraid he has to hold his hands up to a poor and ultimately costly decision.

I am quite surprised that some people seem to think that he is a good keeper. He has been a calamity at Hibs and at Gretna. He shouldn't have started yesterday. He is a very error prone keeper who makes a series of high profile mistakes. It's not as if no one knew about these things. Starting with him was the wrong choice.

Zibi is not good enough for ICT.

The stupid thing is Brewster said yesterday in a pre-match interview with Setanta, what a brilliant young keeper Fraser is, what a terrific future he has in front of him.... At the same time he suggested Zibi had done enough to suggest he was worth another chance...

Ah well - At least we know now who our number 1 keeper is - All we need now is a half-decent number 2...

I am quite surprised that some people seem to think that he is a good keeper. He has been a calamity at Hibs and at Gretna. He shouldn't have started yesterday. He is a very error prone keeper who makes a series of high profile mistakes. It's not as if no one knew about these things. Starting with him was the wrong choice.

Zibi is not good enough for ICT.

Same things were said about Dods, Dargo, Wyness, Cowie, Hastings (on his return) and probably others I forget and all turned out to be solid players for us.  More recently, certain people were slating the decision to sign Cowie based on what they had seen at C*unty and he's now being tipped as the next big thing.

Also, young Zander Sutherland has been constantly hyped as a star of the future who should be replacing Wilson....His first run on to the pitch for ICT and he concedes a penalty...one mistake...yet that is quickly forgiven - why?  Because it suits the agenda of those doing all the ranting about how good he is, many of these are the same people who are doing the ranting about how bad Zibi is, so his one mistake is used to beat him with because...again...it suits the agenda.

All this hysteria about about Zibi is nothing more than those who were slating him before he'd even stepped on the park searching desperately for a chance to say "I told you so"

It's all rather pathetic IMO.

Guest WynessLegend

Seriously, a keeper must be top if the January shopping list.

Until then i'd like to see Zibi given the opportunity to prove himself with a run of games.

Yet you wont give Fraser that chance

Would you not agree that Fraser has already been given his chance?

Zibi is far from perfect, but a run of three or four games may well see him attaining a standard where he would be a possibility for a longer term deal. In my opinion it's got to be tried.

It's already been mentioned that there are precious few quality keepers about.

If we drop a keeper after just one error we'll be playing Zibi and Fraser week about for the rest of the season!

IMO Tony Bullock is the man for the job but what about trying to get Celtic back-up keeper Michael McGovern on loan.

You seem quite taken with Mr Bullock. He is under contract at County. I doubt we would be willing to pay money for the guy.

I think we are suffering a bit of the "Mark Brown" effect here. We were so used to having a keeper of Mark's qualities between the sticks that we may be over-critical of our current ones .......

Mike is our #1 goalkeeper. He has made a few mistakes this season (which player hasn't?), and paid the price yesterday by being dropped. Zibi had a ropey first 20 minutes and the pundits in the after match post-mortem were highly critical of him, especially for the weak goal.

As far as I am concerned, Mike is still #1 but we do need someone to challenge him for that spot and Zibi is not the answer. Why do I say this when he has only had 1 full game? I say it because he has a well established reputation as being blunderful rather than wonderful at any club he has been at.

Mike needs to come back in, and there needs to be a stepping up of gears by both him and the defence as they have been just as much to blame as he has for many of the goals we have lost. If he has no confidence in the defence or they have none in him then life gets so much more difficult in both positions ......