FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rankin Can Go

Kingsmills

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the two late goals against Falkirk that win made my night and how well he played a few weeks after, He played like Don Cowie does now, appreciating the fact that he is now in the SPL.

I also remember players frequently pinching the the ball off of him when he's looking for someone to pass to.

If Rankin played week in week out then I would be able to judge him on only 90 minutes of football a fortnight.

I would imagine a Manager is going to spent a far greater time than I do assessing the players day in day out, so he obviously knows far more than I do.

So I'm going to leave it to Brewster to pick the team!

If its to do with antics of the park, then would imagine that more will be revealed in due course when Rankin is away and by then is would be old news.

Come on ICT {and the management} !!!

I'm looking forward to conceding less goals.

I hate to admit to agreeing with RIG or Clacher but both have expressed a lot of good sense.  Rankin has to stay if we hope to play stylish football that might help us survive.  I questioned Brewsters return at the time and i question it again.  Some of his decisions are atrocious and he still doesn't know how to change a team mid game.

Not fussed about Rankin, he can be anonymous at times.  I believe Patti will be a better player given time to prove himself after injury, at least he can offer us something in the air.  I would rather keep Hart than Rankin if that were my options. Frustrating player Rankin, hides for most of a game then bang, sensational goals a la Rangers and Falkirk, but he is a luxury we can manage without.  Now Cowie...................that is a player we must keep.

tm4tj, my thoughts exactly.

I'd rather keep Rankin, be he a luxury or not. It's always handy to have someone who can be quiet then BANG, goal. Goals win matches not activity. He has scored some good goals and is a midfield goal threat. With his lack of action this season we've been woeful. Maybe says something?!?

Marcus has shown he can score when he's played but he is as surplus to requirements AND is injury prone.

McBain is not good enough in midfield. 2nd choice Left Back.

And Morgan has a little potential but little else. He needs to show something proper.

If it is Rankin out for McGuire then, that, is sheer lunacy! McGuire has never been SPL standard and cant even get a game for a poor Dunfermline team. What are a team with supposed top 6 aspirations signing a 1st division reserve?

I was unsure of bringing back Brew. He left us in a bad way. Ditched us and came back with tail between legs.

So far he hasnt done anything to show he was a good re appointment. I'd rather have had Robbo back, even with his post match whining!

I for one think Rankin is surpus to requiremnets

Why? Who do you think we have that is better? He is a central midfielder who played out of position for the good of the team last season and won us 2 games with his goals

In my opinion Morgan is a better footballer.

Rankin showed more in a few months of last season than Morgan has done in his entire ICT career.

WynessLegend - Perhaps you should ask Ross County supporters about that

He was taken off at half time in the biggest game in their history as he was so poor

Brewster appears to favour what someone referred-to as 'hard craft" presumably meaning a "hard grafter".

So  does that then mean that Brewster wants to see players running themselves ragged rather than being slick and playing pretty, classy,  football.?

Ross County have sacked an apparently very experienced , and successful, coach in **** Campbell because his footy was not sufficiently  classy for the standards that Management thought was up to that expected of Ross County and Mr C replies by saying that if Ross County think that they are going places at the level they are playing at with the complement of players that they have at present without playing stuffy defensive football, then they are more or less living in dream land.

Ergo, so what is CB up to? Our defence is suspect and badly needs shoring up and the talent in midfield and at forward is not doing the business (i.e scoring goals). And if he is selling Rankin to get money back to splash on a better defender then why is he spending money on bringing in his former buddy as  fitness coach--I thought he was controlling the fitness regimes of the players himself as formerly? Is that not one of the reasons Management at ICT brought him in, pray?

So do we now have one or two too many Indians (midfield) and also maybe too many chiefs? I am mystified ...

And now my smileys won't work grrrr!

Comment? 

I'll be EXTREMELY disappointed to see him go.  :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: He'll always be an ICT hero for me just for the last gasp goal against rangers !!! :021:

Did Fox not once do something similar to win us a draw at the Bronx. Dont remember him being a hero

WynessLegend,  Congratulations YOU are the only one on this forum that is talking sense and also seeing what is going on and appreciate what the manager is doing. The rest of the drivel that is spoken is way beyond belief  :33:

Yes opinions are allowed but you are so wide of the mark its laughable.

Ralphie...

You and I have had conversations on here before about Brew being here for the long haul and prepared to make and take unpopular decisions.

Going by the many comments regarding Rankin on this site - not just on this thread - I'd guess about 80% of the support (who've seen much more of him than Brew has) rate him highly and see him as a player of considerable potential. 

Don't you think that at the very least, Brewster should give him a chance..?

Ps... I sincerely hope Brew will be here for the long term and hope he turns ICT's fortunes round.... but to get rid of Rankin now would be a big mistake.